Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-17-2012, 02:49 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ware gets double-teamed more than anyone i've seen recently, to be completely honest. One of the few times i saw him 1 on 1 in a big scenario was when him and Spencer got the sack on Roethlisberger. Easily beat the LT on a quick move outside and wrapped him Ben's legs while Spencer finished him off.

D is right (gasp), Spencer has no where near the impact he had on this game if not for Ware sucking up two blockers just about every play.

Danny McCray sucks donkey ****. I can't believe we're getting by on defense with the patches that we have playing.

Anyone have any word on Ernie Sims? My guess was that they took him off the field for a concussion test and they didn't let him return.

I wonder if any word will come out about the amount of our defenders that were constantly falling all over the damn place near the LOS. Makes me think that maybe the Steelers OL make a habit out of sticking their feet out to trip defenders..

Brandon Carr <3
Old 12-17-2012, 06:24 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sucked ass? That's harsh. Dude doesn't get a sack and all of a sudden he sucks even though he didn't practice all week cause he was actually hurt. Dang, I didn't noticing PIT running at him at will or anything...and he still put pressure on Big Ben. Spencer doesn't have the game he had without Ware. Period.
I know he was hurt...and I said he sucked in that game...not the past few games. He was clearly affected by his injuries. I just saw a guy get blocked out of the play again and again. They ran that counter trap towards his side like the Eagles do a few times and then abandoned the run. I'm not calling for him to be benched or anything.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the bday wishes guys, that was simply an amazing game. Somehow we have turned into a team that finds ways to win games late and not lose them, it's weird but we have finally started to see us trend towards a championship type team. I remember thinking after getting that personal foul penalty on Ben late in the game that there was literally no way we could stop Ben without make shift defense late in the game, but we did time after time.

We are missing some studs on that side of the ball too and they are really playing well as a unit. I can't wait to see Rob back next year with our ILB's back and hopefully a Safety because McCray got beat all game. This team just won't quit, and JG has done a great job preparing us to play lately. Granted he has started doing more things that we have been griping about, but I have to give him his props just like I have been hounding him.

Nate Newton also had an interesting point on the radio before the game. He was talking about the injury with Dez, and mentioned how early on Dez stated emphatically he was playing. On Monday, he said he was playing, Tuesday he said "you'd have to break my leg to keep me from playing", Wednesday he said "all yall need to know is I'm playing". He mentioned how mentally he was checked into the game and ready to play from day 1.

There wasn't any game time decision, hesitation, or anything remotely close. He was ready and preparing to play all week, and Romo & Witten have rubbed off on him properly. He even caught the TD pass with his hands just fine. But I thought it was interesting to note his stance on the injury all week may have had something to do with his preperation for the injury.

Even with the broken finger, he's trucking right along for a 90/1200/12 stat line. Thinking about all the missed opportunities all these numbers could and should be beat next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Game was crazy though, so many damn Steelers fans. It was at least a 50/50 split of Cowboy & Steeler jerseys in literally every section, it was eerily similiar to a Texas/OU game. I was in the end zone when Dez scored right on that side and had some pretty close up shots of him flexing. Was great to see everyone in such a great mood after instead of being so freaking depressed.

Every store, or gas station I went into that night with my Dez t shirt sparked up random coversation about the team, it's just a great time in Dallas to be a fan.

Quote:
Old 12-17-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All that matters is that if we win we are in... NO is next up on the agenda and all I have to say is we better be on top of T.O.P... Hopefully we see a heavy dose of Murray and continue with the short passing routes JG ran with against Pittsburgh. The game plan needs to be keep the ball away from Brees and to limit stupid mistakes that keep us from scoring.

Expect the Saints to gamble on defense, sending everyone and the kitchen sink in hopes of causing turnovers. They know their best chance of winning is getting the ball back to their offense and that will be the mentality through out the game.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What was up with DeMarco Murray's pants? On one play he was tackled, he was on the ground and his whole ass was smiling at the camera. I thought Dez was bad, but DeMarco took it to another level yesterday. LOL.

Last edited by D-Unit : 12-17-2012 at 03:21 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
So I'm going to the game today guys. My whole family is from Pittsburgh and huge Steeler fans so my Dad was working on tickets way in advance for himself, and since it's my 29th bday tomorrow he was able to get me one. Haven't been to the stadium since the NBA All Star game a few years ago, and still haven't gone to a football game at Jerry World.

Really hoping it doesn't end up being a game I regretted going to, but I'm looking forward to it.
HAHA, I was at the game myself. Was in section 147.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea that was a great win, its nice to watch them string a few weeks of consistent football together.

I think that was a huge win for Garrett, maybe the biggest of his career thus far.

Bring on the Saints!!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
It's amazing what we've been doing lately, considering that both our ILBs are out, along with 2 of our 3 top CBS, 2 out of 3 starters on the DL, and even our backup NT.
Exactly, as ESPN said, We're talking about a team rallying to beat Pittsburgh with dudes named Eric Frampton, Sterling Moore, Michael Coe and Brian Schaefering playing key defensive roles. If we make the playoffs, Garrett should get consideration for coach of the year, as crazy as that sounds

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Exactly, as ESPN said, We're talking about a team rallying to beat Pittsburgh with dudes named Eric Frampton, Sterling Moore, Michael Coe and Brian Schaefering playing key defensive roles. If we make the playoffs, Garrett should get consideration for coach of the year, as crazy as that sounds

The highs are certainly HIGHS in Dallas. Just don't say stuff like that in the main forums. lol.

Wanna credit someone, credit Rob Ryan. Garrett repeatedly took the pressure off the offense and put it on the defense. Not going for it on 4th and less than 1. Not going for the 61 yard FG. WTF was that squib kick off? Just because Brown returned that punt pretty well, Garrett got scared and decided to squib kick it? C'mon man. That gave PIT the ball at the 40. More pressure on the D. Bailey can kick it out of the endzone, yet Garrett squibs it. LOL.

His playcalling was great. He was clicking pretty well. But let's not crown him just yet. Jeez. Garrett has gotten through this win streak on egg shells. Let's not forget.

Player of the Game, imo was clearly Murray. Without him, I don't think Romo gets away with it yesterday. Several of his passes were high or lead the WR out of bounds. He did enough for the win and that's all I can ask for. When he's not throwing picks, Romo is fun to ride. I'd even say the OL played their best game of the year too. Under a strong running game, good OL play and WRs fighting hard, Romo and Garrett actually look competent, don't they?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The highs are certainly HIGHS in Dallas. Just don't say stuff like that in the main forums. lol.

Wanna credit someone, credit Rob Ryan. Garrett repeatedly took the pressure off the offense and put it on the defense. Not going for it on 4th and less than 1. Not going for the 61 yard FG. WTF was that squib kick off? Just because Brown returned that punt pretty well, Garrett got scared and decided to squib kick it? C'mon man. That gave PIT the ball at the 40. More pressure on the D. Bailey can kick it out of the endzone, yet Garrett squibs it. LOL.

His playcalling was great. He was clicking pretty well. But let's not crown him just yet. Jeez. Garrett has gotten through this win streak on egg shells. Let's not forget.

Player of the Game, imo was clearly Murray. Without him, I don't think Romo gets away with it yesterday. Several of his passes were high or lead the WR out of bounds. He did enough for the win and that's all I can ask for. When he's not throwing picks, Romo is fun to ride. I'd even say the OL played their best game of the year too. Under a strong running game, good OL play and WRs fighting hard, Romo and Garrett actually look competent, don't they?

5 of 6 and 3 in a row??!!! And in December no less?!! That would have been hard with a healthy team, hes winning with a bunch of rags that some werent even in the league a few weeks ago. We all know Garretts flaws and weaknesses but getting this group to play like this, well, lets just say I didnt see it coming. 6 starters and 2 KEY reserves gone! And thats just on the D's side of the ball.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 12-17-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
5 of 6 and 3 in a row??!!! And in December no less?!! That would have been hard with a healthy team, hes winning with a bunch of rags that some werent even in the league a few weeks ago. We all know Garretts flaws and weaknesses but getting this group to play like this, well, lets just say I didnt see it coming. 6 starters and 2 KEY reserves gone! And thats just on the D's side of the ball.
Very true, but Coach of the Year candidate?

Classic Cowboys hyperbolic fan reaction that I would hope this board would avoid.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Very true, but Coach of the Year candidate?

Classic Cowboys hyperbolic fan reaction that I would hope this board would avoid.
So your telling me that if we go 10-6 and win the East, with all the injuries, with the death of a player, after starting 3-5, he would get NO considerations huh? Im not saying hes Tom Landry, Im just saying IF that happens its nothing short of remarkable. Let me ask you this, if I tell you before the year started we would be 3-5 and have no Lee, Carter, Coleman, Rat, Church, Brent, Scandrick, Costa, and off and on Murray, Austin, Lessimore, Mo, (am I forgetting anybody?) and ask you what our record would be, what would you say? Me? Im thinking 6-10, 5-11? I just cant believe we are where we are with all the stuff we've had to deal with thats all.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Cool article on some of the new guys
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...dium=twi tter

When I worked for the Cowboys as a scout, I was with the group in Pro Personnel. Your job is to do the advanced scouting of the next week’s opponent for the coaches, track players on current rosters and practice squads, and keep a group of players on an emergency list when you have an injury and you need to bring a player in to fill that spot.

This job is not as easy as one might expect but Judd Garrett, Will McClay and Henry Sroka have done it better than anyone in the NFL this season. To the coaches on this staff, they have embraced these players that the pro guys have brought in and made them workable pieces. Against the Steelers, it was another example of who will make plays in this game that wasn’t on the team before the previous game? It hasn’t mattered who these pro guys have brought in – players like Eric Frampton, Charlie Peprah, Sterling Moore, Ernie Sims, Brady Poppinga, Michael Coe, Brian Schaefering and Anthony Armstrong have found ways to make plays.

Last week during practice, with plenty of questions about the health at cornerback, Moore and Coe get extensive work, and the way they played on Sunday, it showed in their technique. Moore, playing in the nickel on the outside but also getting plenty work inside against the dangerous Heath Miller, held him to no catches in the second half when he was matched up against him. The one catch he made was in zone coverage.

Ryan opened the game in a 4-3 look with Poppinga starting, so who made the tackle to open the game? Poppinga. Schaefering is a wide-bodied end that played for Ryan at Cleveland. In his short time on the field, he played perfect two-gap technique, shed the blocker and made a tackle. Later in the game, on an inside rush, he won late and got some push and pressure. Since Frampton has been on the active roster before the Carolina game, all he has done is lead the Cowboys in special teams tackles.

Anthony Armstrong was active for the first time against the Steelers and gave the units some speed on their cover teams.

In all my years in the league, I have never seen a team that has had to replace more front-line starters and still survive to have a shot to get in the tournament, which is a credit to the coaches and the scouts for the jobs they do.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
So your telling me that if we go 10-6 and win the East, with all the injuries, with the death of a player, after starting 3-5, he would get NO considerations huh? Im not saying hes Tom Landry, Im just saying IF that happens its nothing short of remarkable. Let me ask you this, if I tell you before the year started we would be 3-5 and have no Lee, Carter, Coleman, Rat, Church, Brent, Scandrick, Costa, and off and on Murray, Austin, Lessimore, Mo, (am I forgetting anybody?) and ask you what our record would be, what would you say? Me? Im thinking 6-10, 5-11? I just cant believe we are where we are with all the stuff we've had to deal with thats all.
Yep, that's what I'm telling you. Get over it bro. It's just not happening.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yep, that's what I'm telling you. Get over it bro. It's just not happening.
HAHAHAHA Whats to get over? I dont care if it happens or not, but IMO, if Im allowed to have one that doesnt allign with yours, he should be.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
HAHAHAHA Whats to get over? I dont care if it happens or not, but IMO, if Im allowed to have one that doesnt allign with yours, he should be.
I really don't even have a leading candidate in mind, but if I did, Garrett would not deserve mention anywhere near it, lol. It just seems so extreme.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I really don't even have a leading candidate in mind, but if I did, Garrett would not deserve mention anywhere near it, lol. It just seems so extreme.
I get it, hell I wanted him fired 4 weeks ago. I just think the way he has this bunch playing, he should have a mention. Mike Smith is probably the favorite but lets just say for me, JG has done a heck of a job to be 8-6 under the circumstances. How good would we be if we didnt have any, or at least only minor injuries?

Old 12-17-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I hope with the emerging of Beasley and Dwayne Harris means Ogletree can go back to rot on the bench again. I remember when he got cut and Thule quoted me about it and said we over value Cowboy players, wonder if he's still around lol.

He's already made a ton of plays on punt returns this year, and seems like he's making more and more plays in the passing game. It's fairly obvious too after having to suffer through Ogletree, and I hope his role starts to grow along with Beasley.

Quote:
Old 12-17-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I hope with the emerging of Beasley and Dwayne Harris means Ogletree can go back to rot on the bench again. I remember when he got cut and Thule quoted me about it and said we over value Cowboy players, wonder if he's still around lol.

He's already made a ton of plays on punt returns this year, and seems like he's making more and more plays in the passing game. It's fairly obvious too after having to suffer through Ogletree, and I hope his role starts to grow along with Beasley.
Dwayne Harris on punt/kick returns has been refreshing.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Cool article on some of the new guys
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...dium=twi tter

When I worked for the Cowboys as a scout, I was with the group in Pro Personnel. Your job is to do the advanced scouting of the next week’s opponent for the coaches, track players on current rosters and practice squads, and keep a group of players on an emergency list when you have an injury and you need to bring a player in to fill that spot.

This job is not as easy as one might expect but Judd Garrett, Will McClay and Henry Sroka have done it better than anyone in the NFL this season. To the coaches on this staff, they have embraced these players that the pro guys have brought in and made them workable pieces. Against the Steelers, it was another example of who will make plays in this game that wasn’t on the team before the previous game? It hasn’t mattered who these pro guys have brought in – players like Eric Frampton, Charlie Peprah, Sterling Moore, Ernie Sims, Brady Poppinga, Michael Coe, Brian Schaefering and Anthony Armstrong have found ways to make plays.

Last week during practice, with plenty of questions about the health at cornerback, Moore and Coe get extensive work, and the way they played on Sunday, it showed in their technique. Moore, playing in the nickel on the outside but also getting plenty work inside against the dangerous Heath Miller, held him to no catches in the second half when he was matched up against him. The one catch he made was in zone coverage.

Ryan opened the game in a 4-3 look with Poppinga starting, so who made the tackle to open the game? Poppinga. Schaefering is a wide-bodied end that played for Ryan at Cleveland. In his short time on the field, he played perfect two-gap technique, shed the blocker and made a tackle. Later in the game, on an inside rush, he won late and got some push and pressure. Since Frampton has been on the active roster before the Carolina game, all he has done is lead the Cowboys in special teams tackles.

Anthony Armstrong was active for the first time against the Steelers and gave the units some speed on their cover teams.

In all my years in the league, I have never seen a team that has had to replace more front-line starters and still survive to have a shot to get in the tournament, which is a credit to the coaches and the scouts for the jobs they do.
Did you hear what Rob Ryan said about Michael Coe and Sterling Moore? Pretty encouraging.

On Coe:
“I coached with his dad. His dad’s a good coach and I think this kid will be a better player,” Ryan said of Coe. “We’ll be fine with him. He’s a good football player. He’s got a lot of talent. He’s a smart kid, so if he needs to play, he’ll play and we’re excited about him. He’s got a lot of good talent.”

On Moore:
“I think they are a multiple team with Bill Belichick and the guy with the beard out there, (Matt) Patricia, but they do a great job of coaching,” Ryan said. “They let their guard down on him and we slipped up and gobbled him up. He’s been an excellent football player. He’s playing all over the place for us. He’s playing inside. He’s playing outside. He’s playing safety. He’s a smart guy but he’s a very talented kid and we really got something here with this guy.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...ith-concussion
Old 12-17-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Did you hear what Rob Ryan said about Michael Coe and Sterling Moore? Pretty encouraging.

On Coe:
“I coached with his dad. His dad’s a good coach and I think this kid will be a better player,” Ryan said of Coe. “We’ll be fine with him. He’s a good football player. He’s got a lot of talent. He’s a smart kid, so if he needs to play, he’ll play and we’re excited about him. He’s got a lot of good talent.”

On Moore:
“I think they are a multiple team with Bill Belichick and the guy with the beard out there, (Matt) Patricia, but they do a great job of coaching,” Ryan said. “They let their guard down on him and we slipped up and gobbled him up. He’s been an excellent football player. He’s playing all over the place for us. He’s playing inside. He’s playing outside. He’s playing safety. He’s a smart guy but he’s a very talented kid and we really got something here with this guy.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...ith-concussion
Good stuff. Great to find some quality depth. Heres a good writeup on Albright also in case you missed it

Sunday night after the game, I gave my game ball to Brandon Carr for the way that he played at cornerback. I could have also gave it to Anthony Spencer for his effort as well, but I wanted to take a few moments to make a case for Alex Albright.

When Ernie Sims walked off the field with the trainers and doctors after suffering a concussion covering a kickoff, I started to wonder how coordinator Rob Ryan was going to handle the loss. Sims has been a bit of a go-to guy for Ryan and now he was out of the mix. When I saw Albright take Sims’ spot, it made perfect sense. Albright is a player that coaches love because he can line up at all of the linebacker spots and play effectively.

One defensive coach told me on a flight home to watch Albright, and even this morning running into Ryan, the first thing he wanted to talk about was the play of Albright, and after watching the film, with good reason. Albright had not played any inside linebacker until this past training camp when the coaches decided to try this tall, but athletic player at that spot. It was rare in my scouting days to remember a player with that height playing inside, but he looked pretty natural.

The first thing you notice about Albright is his ability to quickly read the scheme. I am not saying he is Sean Lee or Bruce Carter, but you see a smart player. There was only one time in all his snaps where it looked like he got trapped inside when the back released in the flat on him. What got my attention early in the game was his ability to adjust quickly to Chris Rainey in space to close and make a tackle, then later Rainey tried to run a wheel route up the sideline and Albright was there step for step with him.

Albright is one of those players that can adjust to whatever his role is in the game. The more he played, the better he got, whether it was filling on a play, using his hands getting off a block or sliding down the line to take a play on the outside. After watching Albright play on Sunday, I would not be one bit surprised if he is the starter at inside linebacker with Dan Connor, even if Sims is healthy enough to go. It was really a nice game for him against a physical team.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...3-4f65d95060c6

Old 12-17-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwayne Harris is my homeboy. lol Dude has a lot of hustle, and he's becoming a big factor all around. He's a really good 3rd wideout option that's giving the team good returns in addition to giving them good options in the passing game. Beasley is looking really good whenever he gets a chance too. With the top big receivers in Dez and Austin getting teams concerned about getting beat deep those two guys could really tear things up with short routes that get turned into big gains. Not to mention how good Murray is in the passing game with Witten being...well Witten, Romo has to be like a kid in a candy store.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pretty sure Green Bay is missing almost the same amount of players on defense, arguably have a worse line and have a much better record than us. Not sure if McCarthy will win coach of the year or not, but I would give it to him before Garrett.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Pretty sure Green Bay is missing almost the same amount of players on defense, arguably have a worse line and have a much better record than us. Not sure if McCarthy will win coach of the year or not, but I would give it to him before Garrett.
green are missing 3 starters (matthews, woodson and perry)on defense they just have a bunch young 1st and 2nd year players playing so the names arent recognizable.

while our line has played better since demarco came back, in his 6 game absence you really couldn't tell the difference btw the 2.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote