Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-17-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
6 years and 5 months likely. You don't think they'll keep him down for a week or two to prolong FA by a whole season?
They absolutely will.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping Mets can trade Santana also, maybe a deadline deal.
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sandy said he'll give him a shot in camp to win the job but with the injury and everything he will go to Las Vegas for 2 months. No need to have him up to begin the year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A's get Nakajima at 2 years, 6.5 mill. Option year for another $3 mill.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's awesome.

Anybody out there want Mike Olt? Anyone??? Anyone at all???
Ethier for Olt...

...you get the whole contract though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Dickey trade for both teams. Mets probably got the most overall value, but if this helps the Jays get to the playoffs I don't think Toronto will give a crap. They look pretty studly on paper.
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:21 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Ethier for Olt...

I've actually thought about this and would be all for it. Use the money saved to go after Bourne, who gives the Dodgers a lead off guy and allows Kemp to move to RF, which I feel is much needed. Plus it fills the hole at 3B of course.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ethier for Olt...

What's left on his contract?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:13 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What's left on his contract?
5 for 85 starting this season I believe.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:29 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
I like the Dickey trade for both teams. Mets probably got the most overall value, but if this helps the Jays get to the playoffs I don't think Toronto will give a crap. They look pretty studly on paper.
AL is also not used to facing his knuckleball. I think he'll be fine for Toronto and pitch well for them. They are the favorites in the East right now IMO
Old 12-18-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
5 for 85 starting this season I believe.
Forget that crazy ****.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mets trade Jefry Marte for Colin Cowgill on the A's.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A's had so many outfielders, need to get rid of a few.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Mets trade Jefry Marte for Colin Cowgill on the A's.

Kirk's platoon partner.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 12-18-2012 at 12:10 PM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
A's had so many outfielders, need to get rid of a few.
I just love how the A's play baseball. They don't have the big names, but they still somehow get the job done. They play with the enthusiasm like the Bad News Bears. Their surge last season was a heartbreaker but I had to respect what they were doing.

On the other hand, I was happy the Angels finished 3rd in the division after so much preseason hype and headlines.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah well the Angels are back to back offseason champs. Going for the 3peat next offseason

can't wait
Old 12-18-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Yeah well the Angels are back to back offseason champs. Going for the 3peat next offseason

can't wait
I'd say the Jays are this year's offseason champs.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

can't wait
You were better served keeping Grienke than Hamilton. Let's not get too carried away.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I know Hamilton has his own risks but pitchers are usually bigger risks in the end. When it comes to choosing between a position player or SP, position players are the way to go

but they do need another starter. Don't know if they can work a trade right now with how overpriced the market is. May need to wait until the trade deadline. I want them to keep Bourjos and Trumbo anyway
Old 12-18-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:

can't wait
Key words in that post.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I know Hamilton has his own risks but pitchers are usually bigger risks in the end. When it comes to choosing between a position player or SP, position players are the way to go

but they do need another starter. Don't know if they can work a trade right now with how overpriced the market is. May need to wait until the trade deadline. I want them to keep Bourjos and Trumbo anyway
I guess it's a matter of opinion. I'd rather have the ace pitcher. IMO, pitching always trumps hitting. If I'm a GM, all I want are 3 healthy aces in their prime or entering it. True aces. Not old aces or ones soon to be over the hill either. The rest of the team can be formed with more affordable pieces.

Last edited by D-Unit : 12-18-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just love how the A's play baseball. They don't have the big names, but they still somehow get the job done. They play with the enthusiasm like the Bad News Bears. Their surge last season was a heartbreaker but I had to respect what they were doing.

On the other hand, I was happy the Angels finished 3rd in the division after so much preseason hype and headlines.
Never won a championship under Beane. Most overrated GM ever.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That title might go to Theo.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
That title might go to Theo.
Should have just hired Hoyer and not given up anything if they wanted Theo's philosophy.

Though I'll take the argument that Hoyer wouldn't have left the Padres if Theo wasn't there.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You got a point there.