Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:17 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That rule is a bunch of ******** either way. And that time magazine cover saying Goodell will do anything he can to protect the game he loves..... priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:38 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry but why is Sanchez still starting? Is it possible for someone to be worse than he was last night? Five turnovers, two of them being deep in your opponents territory on your last two drives in a 4-point game, against one of the worst defenses in the league.

Why not at least try somebody else?
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
and the hit on hernandez, while it will be flagged every single time, was a good hit that shouldn't have ever resulted in a flag.
You're a 49ers fan aren't you? This entire time...dang....

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
You're a 49ers fan aren't you? This entire time...dang....
Soooooo many people in here were disputing that it was a good hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I'm sorry but why is Sanchez still starting? Is it possible for someone to be worse than he was last night? Five turnovers, two of them being deep in your opponents territory on your last two drives in a 4-point game, against one of the worst defenses in the league.

He signed an extension that guarantees him money next season, so if they bench him or cut him theyre basically going to have to pay him to sit on the bench or play for another team. Might as well keep playing him and hope he steps it up. The sad part for Jets fans is that probably wont even be the end for him, maybe this season but hes more than likely going to keep his job next year. I for one will not complain.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 12-18-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:46 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post

I'm more surprised when Sanchez doesn't suck, and it's clear that both Rex Ryan and Mike Tannebaum are idiots. They put themselves in a massive hole by giving him a contract extension which basically forced them to keep him to the end of that contract. I fail to see how either Tebow or McElroy could be any worse, and even if they are at least you tried something. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me four years in a row, shame on the entire Jets decision makers

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Soooooo many people in here were disputing that it was a good hit.
It's not that big of a deal since the game is over. I just wanted to hear some people's opinion's regarding the matter since I'm currently watching the game again. Didn't expect to get blasted hahaha.

You'll have to excuse the insufferable homerism bringing up the Goldson hit on my part.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2012, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
It's not that big of a deal since the game is over. I just wanted to hear some people's opinion's regarding the matter since I'm currently watching the game again. Didn't expect to get blasted hahaha.

You'll have to excuse the insufferable homerism bringing up the Goldson hit on my part.
Its not a big deal and you only got blasted by one person, and I'll just say my fellow Pats fan who said something probably was tied into you guys killing us for the most part of that game and then holding off our offensive surge.

That was a very good hit and it should have resulted in a big stop for you guys, thats the sort of play Goldson is expected to make. Unfortunately were in the era of Goodell football, and even being the recipient of that flag to keep the drive alive it feels dirty getting those penalty yards.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-18-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Witten is five catches behind Tony Gonazlez for the all time receptions record for a tight end in a season which stands at 102 set by Tony Gonzalez back in 2004. So does he break it? I think he at least ties it.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wasn't helmet-to-helmet contact. He kind of led with his dead, but I don't think that should have been flagged.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
If you can't see Hernandez getting hit in the head region on that picture you'er an even bigger moron than I thought you were. And that is no easy task to accomplish..
Hernandez got hit in the head around his chin and facemask area, not his helmet.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Hernandez got hit in the head around his chin and facemask area, not his helmet.
Chin and facemask is part of the helmet area. Anything above the shoulders will always be flagged for a hit to the helmet

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you drop your helmet and hit someone in the head/neck region (or thereabouts), you will be flagged.

It's not just hard hits. It's using your helmet as a weapon. It's entirely unnecessary too.

Quote:
The neck is part of the head as well, according to the NFL.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chin and facemask area do constitute the helmet area. There is pretty clear precedent at this point that hitting a receiver there is against the rules.

The rule blows, but it is what it is. For certain guys like Goldson he's going to keep playing that way because a big hit may have positive externalities for his team. While keeping your head up and attempting to square up goes against everything your body and instincts are telling you to do in that situation, some defenders have been able to adjust. For players like Goldson it is an easy decision and he will not alter his playing style. Why risk allowing a catch for similar yards to the penalty just to try and make a clean hit? It might make the tackle more difficult, and he may end up giving up extra yards. Plus you get none of the positive benefits that the play ended up giving you.

We're in year 2 of this guys. I'm surprised at the amount of outrage to these penalties week by week. These hits are against the rules as much as they suck. Still players aren't going to change.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 12-18-2012 at 08:46 AM.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone have that Mike Tirico quote from the end of last night's game?

It was hilarious but I don't remember exactly what he said. He said something along the lines of "that's a fitting way for the Jets to end their season, the game, and blah blah blah"
Old 12-18-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Does anyone have that Mike Tirico quote from the end of last night's game?

It was hilarious but I don't remember exactly what he said. He said something along the lines of "that's a fitting way for the Jets to end their season, the game, and blah blah blah"
there were a lot of gems last night including:

"It's Hard To Watch An NFL Team Struggle With The Most Basic Concepts"

and

"That's the way this game should end, that's the way the Jets season should end. Ugly, and a loss!"

If you don't like the Jets last night was must watch television.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 12-18-2012 at 08:54 AM.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
there were a lot of gems last night including:

"It's Hard To Watch An NFL Team Struggle With The Most Basic Concepts"

and

"That's the way this game should end, that's the way the Jets season should end. Ugly, and a loss!"

If you don't like the Jets last night was must watch television.
That game was full of win. Except from the 2 teams on the field.

But Tirico was a blast last night. He was taking shots at the Jets all night. It was hilarious.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Witten is five catches behind Tony Gonazlez for the all time receptions record for a tight end in a season which stands at 102 set by Tony Gonzalez back in 2004. So does he break it? I think he at least ties it.
Yes I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict witten gets 6 catches in 2 games... Wtf
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Yes I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict witten gets 6 catches in 2 games... Wtf
And Gonzalez isnt going to catch any passes in two games?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-18-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure he will, but maybe not 16+
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its a record set back in 2004. Gonzalez has 87 catches this year to Witten's 97.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well, the last 2 games don't count towards the single season record he set in 2004....
Old 12-18-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when Matt Stafford was a top 5 QB and Matt Ryan wasn't top 10?

Old 12-18-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But he didn't hit him in the head. He hit him around his collarbone under his chin.
Sort of reminds me of the call in the Bengals/Cowboys game. Not sure if it's against league rules but to me it's a clean football play.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Its a record set back in 2004. Gonzalez has 87 catches this year to Witten's 97.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Well, the last 2 games don't count towards the single season record he set in 2004....
For some reason i read that as just career catches, my bad.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-18-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Remember when Matt Stafford was a top 5 QB and Matt Ryan wasn't top 10?

I still remember that Ryan isn't top 10.

Quote:
Quote: