Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 12-14-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
We should just cut him... oh wait. Raiders, Chiefs, Cards, Jets, Bills, Jags, Vikings, Titans would pickup Freeman in one second.
Yes, but only if the Browns, Eagles, Cowboys, Bears, Texans, Broncos, Pats, or Steelers don't jump on him first. (these teams might have starters, but I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to add either competition, a QB of the future (a la Steve Young to the 49ers), or a great backup for an injury prone starter.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I'm sorry, but if you haven't noticed, EJ BIggers is the only DB on the Bucs that has been actually decent. He is by far our best CB right now, letting him go would be moronic.

Blount may not be a favorite, but he is still technically a restricted free agent, I seriously doubt the Bucs don't at least give him a tender.
Biggers being our best cb isn't saying much. He can be replaced. Easily.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I can't see him as an OLB in Schiano's 4-3, so in our view, he is a DE.
I can see him pulling a Von Miller Sam LB on run downs and pass rushing DE on passing downs. Same thing with Dion Jordan.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

I'd like to see a pass rusher... I honestly don't think the DBs are the root cause of the problem. Bill Sheridan is.

I know a solution to the Bucs DB woes… fire Bill Sheridan. The year Sheridan was Giants DC the Giants set a franchise worst record for points given up in a season, finishing 30th in the NFL. The year before he was the DC, they were 5th, the year after he left, 17th.

That season the Giants finished by giving up 40+ points 3 of the last 4 games. Giants opponents had a 95.2 QB rating against them… with their awesome front 4 and plethora of DEs they only managed 32 sacks on the season. They gave up 31 TD passes and snagged only 13 INTs.

The season before Sheridan, the Giants opposing QBs were limited to a meager 76.7 rating and were sacked 42 times. Opposing QBs threw 17 picks and only 17 TDs.

The season after Sheridan left, QBs opposing the Giants were limited to an 80.7 rating, were sacked 46X, and had a very modest 24-16 TD to INT ratio.

Which of those Giants defenses most resembles the Bucs horrible against the pass bunch?

Giants by the season
2008 QB rating 76.7, TD to INT 17-17, sacks 42 (Steve Spagnuolo)
2009 QB rating 95.2, TD to INT 31-13, sacks 32 (Bill Sheridan)
2010 QB rating 80.7, TD to INT 24-16, sacks 46 (Perry Fewell)

Buccaneers
2012 QB rating 92.4, TD to INT 24-17, sacks 24 (Bill Sheridan)

If anything it looks like these Buccaneers defenders are overachieving.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

According to the numbers, if you fire Sheridan and replace him with a competent DC, opposing QBs will have a 15 point drop in QB rating, throw far less TDs, and get sacked at least 10 more times.

It worked for the Giants. Ron Meeks is available, Monte Kiffin, even if he was 98 and completely senile, would be a huge improvement.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to have Monte Kiffin back
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:51 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I would love to have Monte Kiffin back
I would take Floyd Peters (RIP) back over Sheridan at this point.... Sherid can-synonymous with trash can.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd like to see a pass rusher... I honestly don't think the DBs are the root cause of the problem. Bill Sheridan is.

I know a solution to the Bucs DB woes… fire Bill Sheridan. The year Sheridan was Giants DC the Giants set a franchise worst record for points given up in a season, finishing 30th in the NFL. The year before he was the DC, they were 5th, the year after he left, 17th.

That season the Giants finished by giving up 40+ points 3 of the last 4 games. Giants opponents had a 95.2 QB rating against them… with their awesome front 4 and plethora of DEs they only managed 32 sacks on the season. They gave up 31 TD passes and snagged only 13 INTs.

The season before Sheridan, the Giants opposing QBs were limited to a meager 76.7 rating and were sacked 42 times. Opposing QBs threw 17 picks and only 17 TDs.

The season after Sheridan left, QBs opposing the Giants were limited to an 80.7 rating, were sacked 46X, and had a very modest 24-16 TD to INT ratio.

Which of those Giants defenses most resembles the Bucs horrible against the pass bunch?

Giants by the season
2008 QB rating 76.7, TD to INT 17-17, sacks 42 (Steve Spagnuolo)
2009 QB rating 95.2, TD to INT 31-13, sacks 32 (Bill Sheridan)
2010 QB rating 80.7, TD to INT 24-16, sacks 46 (Perry Fewell)

Buccaneers
2012 QB rating 92.4, TD to INT 24-17, sacks 24 (Bill Sheridan)

If anything it looks like these Buccaneers defenders are overachieving.
Lets put it this way. Sunday our dline continuously harrassed nick Foles ad he still had 381 yards passing. I think we need a pass rusher but secondary is the number 1 need.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yes, but only if the Browns, Eagles, Cowboys, Bears, Texans, Broncos, Pats, or Steelers don't jump on him first. (these teams might have starters, but I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to add either competition, a QB of the future (a la Steve Young to the 49ers), or a great backup for an injury prone starter.
I would try to trade him. Cardinals and bills would be desperate enough to gove a 1st for his overrated play who doesn't show up in big games. Only plays well against below .500 teams.

The dream: trade him to Arizona for a 1st.

Demantre Moore
Xavier Rhodes
Aaron Murray in round 2.

One can only dream though.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

That would be ridiculous. Obviously, you don't like Josh Freeman. Whatever, he's had some less than stellar games and driven me up a wall on a near weekly basis, but to dump him now would be asinine. He's 24, loaded with potential, and just now finishing his 4th season. Freeman is leaps and bounds ahead of where elite QBs were at the same age... heck, half of them hadn't even started their first game. I will gladly take the chance on Freeman maturing in the next season or two, with better footwork and grasp of the offense over dumping him and starting from scratch again. There aren't too many fans of teams that are completely sold on their QB... but I'll tell you one thing, Freeman is far better than the alternatives: a rookie from a horrible QB class, a free agent, paying the big price tag for a vet that their own team doesn't want... no thank you!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Biggers being our best cb isn't saying much. He can be replaced. Easily.
Yeah, you're right. So we should start from scratch and get rid of all of our CBs and don't keep the only competent one on the roster that teams don't routinely target on a snap to snap basis. Great call. I'm astounded as to wny you aren't currently GM'ing a team.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That would be ridiculous. Obviously, you don't like Josh Freeman. Whatever, he's had some less than stellar games and driven me up a wall on a near weekly basis, but to dump him now would be asinine. He's 24, loaded with potential, and just now finishing his 4th season. Freeman is leaps and bounds ahead of where elite QBs were at the same age... heck, half of them hadn't even started their first game. I will gladly take the chance on Freeman maturing in the next season or two, with better footwork and grasp of the offense over dumping him and starting from scratch again. There aren't too many fans of teams that are completely sold on their QB... but I'll tell you one thing, Freeman is far better than the alternatives: a rookie from a horrible QB class, a free agent, paying the big price tag for a vet that their own team doesn't want... no thank you!
4yrs in the league and his deficiancies are still there. Doesn't perform well against good teams which will not put him in that class of upper qbs. Freeman has loads of physical potential. Big qb big arm to make all te throws. But he's got sloppy footwork holds onto the ball to long still hesitant decision maker, inaccurate and still doesn't see the field very well. And this is after 4 yrs in the league. There's a point when u can't keep banking on potential year after year. There were a ton of qbs that had the potential freeman had and never panned out as an nfl starter. It's the mental intangibles that make you great.

I look at the top 5 qbs in the game:
-Brady
-Rodgers
-manning
-Brees
-manning (Eli)

They don't have superior arm strength. It's good enough to make the throws. They make quick decisions and the ball is out on time. They are accurate and precise and have excellent awareness. Do they possess the athleticism and phyis al tools of a Josh Freeman? No. But they have good enough arm strength and the mental aspect and awareness and accuracy is superior than him.

Question is to mark dominik: are we willing to pay this guy next year when he's still has HUGE question marks? I'm not willing to invest and find out.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. So we should start from scratch and get rid of all of our CBs and don't keep the only competent one on the roster that teams don't routinely target on a snap to snap basis. Great call. I'm astounded as to wny you aren't currently GM'ing a team.
Your right. Why wouldn't I want to resign a cb who isn't physical gives up countless receptions not a good tackler and has poor ball skills?
Old 12-16-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to fire Bill Sheridan. Bring in Monte Kiffin. And spend every draft pick on defense. Also we need to pickup a nice slot WR.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Add qb to the top of the list of draft needs.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anybody else hoping we lose out and have some really high draft picks (raises hand)

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

I'm starting to think about Alec Ogletree in our D. Him and David would be nasty in nickel. Plus a group of David, Foster and Ogletree would allow us to stay in our base D more. With Alec and Daivd having good cover skills
Old 12-17-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm starting to think about Alec Ogletree in our D. Him and David would be nasty in nickel. Plus a group of David, Foster and Ogletree would allow us to stay in our base D more. With Alec and Daivd having good cover skills
Watched te entire bama game and went back and watched more film. No. He wanted no part in coming up and tackling. Got trucked a few times.

Our lbs are fine with foster and David. We ca use someone o the Sam side. Gerald hodges looks like a beast.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Also did you guys see the whole Heyward thing? To me it looks like Cox was the one who took that out of line. It looks like Cox is yelling something onto the field and Hayward is " clam down coach " only when Cox push Hayward's hands away does he push Cox's back.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Add qb to the top of the list of draft needs.
Yes, because good QBs are so easy to find... I mean the Bucs have been around since 1976 and have so much success finding one... oh wait, they did... his name was Steve Young... too bad the Bucs gave up on him too early.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Your right. Why wouldn't I want to resign a cb who isn't physical gives up countless receptions not a good tackler and has poor ball skills?
Yet, he's our best CB currently on the roster, has played CB better than the other CBs formerly on the roster (Talib included) and yet somehow he couldn't possibly contribute as a 3rd CB?

I'm not sure if you realize that just because you want players at a certain position, that when the team drafts those players suddenly appear at those positions.

Not a good year for great CBs... terrible year for QBs. Where's that CB/QB draft tree you're thinking we have access to?
Old 12-18-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Also did you guys see the whole Heyward thing? To me it looks like Cox was the one who took that out of line. It looks like Cox is yelling something onto the field and Hayward is " clam down coach " only when Cox push Hayward's hands away does he push Cox's back.
Looked like to me that Cox was on the verge of getting penalized, he was on the field, screaming at somebody, and initially Hayward tried to redirect Cox to the sideline. Only after Cox pushed him off did Hayward try to physically push him. I don't mind either of their actions. Both are fiery and passionate. It's better than being happy quote machines like last season.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yet, he's our best CB currently on the roster, has played CB better than the other CBs formerly on the roster (Talib included) and yet somehow he couldn't possibly contribute as a 3rd CB?

I'm not sure if you realize that just because you want players at a certain position, that when the team drafts those players suddenly appear at those positions.

Not a good year for great CBs... terrible year for QBs. Where's that CB/QB draft tree you're thinking we have access to?
The only cb that's shown he can play physical with opposing WRs is Anthony Gaitor. The sad part is, he's only been active for 2 weeks.

Biggers has not been our best cb bc none have been good. I will say this: he's a solid #4. Which means he's replaceable bc Gaitor has shown more iin 2 games compared to what everyone else has shown.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yes, because good QBs are so easy to find... I mean the Bucs have been around since 1976 and have so much success finding one... oh wait, they did... his name was Steve Young... too bad the Bucs gave up on him too early.
Alex Smith will be available.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Alex Smith will be available.

Josh is better than Alex.