Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
@Dan

I think we really can use another receiver. Just having those 4 won't be enough and really wil K-10 tearing his ACL i don't think he will have a big role next year which leaves us with 3 receivers. And i think having an variety of receivers can really pay off. A speedy outside target to replace Moss is a need in my eyes to complement the qualities of Crabtree and Manningham and the still basically unknown Jenkins.
True in regards to Williams but knowing that he was determined after those two botched punts, I think that he'll be just as determined this off-season to get back on the field. A speed threat would be good but at the same time, Moss isnt as fast as he used to be and Crabtree/Manningham are faster than they appear to be at times. Jenkins is unknown but he's also our first round pick and dont see us drafting another WR early. Mid round pick on a speedy receiver/returner would be good especially since I dont want to see Ginn back but not earlier unless someone awesome falls and the guy Baalke/Harbaugh want is gone.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is how i would list the needs(in this case i have left out all expiring contracts so it could change. Goldson would be the first guy i would try and resign but for now we can't be sure he is retained)

1: Safety(logical that this goes way down when Goldson stays in that case i still think we need one with only Trent Robinson as back-up)
2: NT(We basically have none under contract for next season. Would love to resign RJF and maybe Ian Williams(Haven't seen him play much) and depending on cost let Sopoaga walk)
3: OLB(More pass rusher than cover and run stopping)
4: TE (Long Tall catcher since Celek is more of a blocker and we could use some length)
5: CB(I hope Culliver get's the starting spot and we maybe cut Rogers(in that case Cox will be the Nickle corner)as cap casualty with brown holding down the other side)
6: DE/DT(Can be very raw to groom behind Cowboy and can take his place in a few years and give him a breather since both Cowboy and McDonald play basically every snap
7: WR(Doesn't have to be a number 1 type but an speedster that can take the top of is welcome)
8: MLB(both Grant and Gooden are UFA and i can see Grant leave while Gooden is more of an ST-player)
Old 12-19-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
This is how i would list the needs(in this case i have left out all expiring contracts so it could change. Goldson would be the first guy i would try and resign but for now we can't be sure he is retained)

1: Safety(logical that this goes way down when Goldson stays in that case i still think we need one with only Trent Robinson as back-up)
2: NT(We basically have none under contract for next season. Would love to resign RJF and maybe Ian Williams(Haven't seen him play much) and depending on cost let Sopoaga walk)
3: OLB(More pass rusher than cover and run stopping)
4: TE (Long Tall catcher since Celek is more of a blocker and we could use some length)
5: CB(I hope Culliver get's the starting spot and we maybe cut Rogers(in that case Cox will be the Nickle corner)as cap casualty with brown holding down the other side)
6: DE/DT(Can be very raw to groom behind Cowboy and can take his place in a few years and give him a breather since both Cowboy and McDonald play basically every snap
7: WR(Doesn't have to be a number 1 type but an speedster that can take the top of is welcome)
8: MLB(both Grant and Gooden are UFA and i can see Grant leave while Gooden is more of an ST-player)
1. If we cant re-sign Goldson, I fully expect him to be franchised. No way in hell is he going anywhere unless he gets franchised and then traded but thats highly unlikely. We have three backups at safety, Spillman, McBath and Robinson plus Thomas on the practice squad. Spillman and Robinson are signed thru 2014 and 2015 respectively.

2. Sopoaga and Jean-Francois are UFA's but I fully expect the team to re-sign Jean-Francois with Sopoaga 50/50. Depending on what happens with Sopoaga will determine what happens in the draft.

3. OLB is a must with or without Haralson. I expect them to release Haralson unless he takes a paycut with Baalke/Harbaugh finding his replacement early in the draft.

4. TE will probably be a mid round pick. I wanted Fleener last year and to trade Walker. Dont see us keeping Walker unless he takes less money than offered elsewhere.

5. CB depends on if Rogers gets released or not. I would probably release him and trade Brown if I could somehow snatch DRC in FA to matchup with Culliver. If not, extend Brown and start him opposite Culliver. Would re-sign Brock and Cox is under contract thru 2013. Draft wise, im hoping for that Mathieu (sp?) guy for a mid to late round pick. His ability to cause fumbles and turnovers is worth the risk.

6. DE isnt much of a need right now because we have Smith, McDonald and Dobbs (even though he's listed as a TE). We do need another DE to groom in case we lose Smith after 2013 but if he keeps playing like he is now, I dont see him going anywhere.

7. WR isnt a huge need. Mid round pick. We have Crabtree who's finally showing that he can be our number one receiver. Manningham has played good and will hopefully be extended because I actually like them two as the starters. Williams in the slot and Jenkins as the fourth receiver. I know Williams is coming off that ACL injury but he's a determined little guy so I see him being 100% by TC. He'll just have to take the rust off. A returner would be good to replace Ginn as I hope we dont re-sign him.

8. Would put ILB up a spot or two. Grant is 50/50 but im hoping we keep him if possible. Gooden should hopefully be re-signed. Either way, we'll definitely need another ILB.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dobbs play a handful of snaps at OLB in preseason against guys that were cut the following day. He doesn't translate to the position as anything other than absolute emergency depth.

Alot of the draft depends on Goldson. If he signs I would target OLB and WR, but that's because I have a few players in mind and the draft is extremely deep at those positions.

Personally, my dream would be Ezekiel Ansah and Da'Rick Rogers. Both could be brought along slowly and have the highest ceilings.

That would never happen, though.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Dobbs play a handful of snaps at OLB in preseason against guys that were cut the following day. He doesn't translate to the position as anything other than absolute emergency depth.

Alot of the draft depends on Goldson. If he signs I would target OLB and WR, but that's because I have a few players in mind and the draft is extremely deep at those positions.

Personally, my dream would be Ezekiel Ansah and Da'Rick Rogers. Both could be brought along slowly and have the highest ceilings.

If you substitute Justin Hunter for Rogers, than our thinking is alike. Ansah will be a top 10 pick when all is said and done though. Too much freakish ability in that kid to make it out of the top 10. But I would love for Baalke to trade up and go get him. Seems like the type of move for a team with few glaring holes and a bevy of draft picks. Rogers has character concerns that make me weary of him. And Hunter was the better of the two before his ACL injury. Like you said though, deep WR class. Tons of other guys I like also....Marcus Davis and Corey Fuller from VT, Chris Harper from KSU, Boyd from UNC, and Kennan Allen from Cal to name a few. I just like Hunter's 6'4 frame and track speed on the outside a little bit more than anyone else.

Dan is right too, we won't just let Goldson walk. If a extension isn't reached before free agency, I think he'll be franchised again. Don't kno how Goldson would feel about that but I don't see Baalke just letting him get signed away. And honestly, I'm not really enamored with any safety prospects this year so not sure how I feel about spending a high pick on a one. Maybe McDonald.....maybe.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-19-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

Hopefully those two can be as good as Prince Amukamara. Da great Amukamara!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like officials made the wrong call on Walker's fumble

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-49ers-fumble/
Old 12-20-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Looks like officials made the wrong call on Walker's fumble

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-49ers-fumble/
Knew that the moment I saw the replay. I was going nuts. Damn officials (as usual) were trying to screw us over. NFL should let the referee review all turnovers and scoring plays instead of some jackass in a cozy booth. NFL should also allow every angle that us viewers are able to see. Only difference is that they should be watching the replays in full speed. All these damn officials and referees make way too many mistakes that shouldnt be made to begin with. NFL needs to solve that problem starting with what's a legal and illegal hit. Defenseless receiver whould only be called if its a hit to the receiver's head. Other than that, as long as the defender hits the receiver after the ball gets there, it should be a clean hit. Too many penalities on illegal hits that arent even illegal.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that looked like an incomplete pass to me
Closed Thread