Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-18-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I guess it's a matter of opinion. I'd rather have the ace pitcher. IMO, pitching always trumps hitting. If I'm a GM, all I want are 3 healthy aces in their prime or entering it. True aces. Not old aces or ones soon to be over the hill either. The rest of the team can be formed with more affordable pieces.
There are only about 10 "true aces" in all of MLB. Greinke is a good #2, though
Old 12-18-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey D, Olt for Hanrahan?
Old 12-18-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Hey D, Olt for Hanrahan?
Haha. Should we just start up a MLB mock offseason?

I'm serious btw...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm serious btw...
I actually wanted to do that and almost sent PMs out trying to get people together to do it but I realized I don't know enough about random AL West Farm systems.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
There are only about 10 "true aces" in all of MLB. Greinke is a good #2, though
What if I call them really really really good SPs? Cause really really good SPs is not what I meant.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I actually wanted to do that and almost sent PMs out trying to get people together to do it but I realized I don't know enough about random AL West Farm systems.
We don't even need all teams filled. We just work with the GMs that are willing to play. Or guys can take more than 1 team per usual.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What if I call them really really really good SPs? Cause really really good SPs is not what I meant.
You could have just said the "Giants Model" and we would have all known what you meant.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
You could have just said the "Giants Model" and we would have all known what you meant.
Where's the bandwagon bus???
Old 12-18-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm serious btw...
do it

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
do it

BAM.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...46#post3217346
Old 12-19-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendrys Morales traded for Jason Vargas.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Villanueva to Cubs. Good move by Theo.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Kendrys Morales traded for Jason Vargas.
Sounds about right. They can re-evaluate the staff next June/July and make a trade for an arm at that point if need be.

As for what I think of the deal, it's tough. I think this was absolutely the right direction to go when it comes to the long term benefit of this organization. Morales isn't in the teams future plans(FA after the year). The decision on who to trade between him, Bourjos or Trumbo was an easy one. You trade the guy who doesn't have 4 more years of control and whose replacement is already on the roster in the form of a young homegrown talent. I am very excited about the idea of an OF of Trout/Bourjos/Hamilton. I think it is easily the best defensive OF in the majors. More importantly, a move off of CF will help keep Trout from suffering wear and tear from playing the position, allowing him to not only hopefully stay healthier throughout the year, but throughout his career as well. This move helps the Halos get the most out of Trout by keeping him out there and fresh. He'll get his starts in CF as he and Petey rotate, but for the most part he's ticketed for LF and that's the smart move for the long term

Having said all of that, while I think this was the right decision in the LONG TERM, I'm not quite sure this helps the team RIGHT NOW. I'm indifferent on the deal. Morales put up a .787 OPS last season as a DH only bat. A .787 OPS is a solid player, but not much of a difference maker. Add in him having no defensive value and is a FA after the year, and his trade value wasn't really that much. Ideally, they could have gotten a better arm than Vargas...be it if they needed to add a prospect or 2 along with Morales, I don't know. I do think Vargas profiles well in Anaheim. Flyball pitcher in a pitchers park who has now the best OF D supporting him. I'm just not sure if this helps the team for this season. I was liking the idea of having 2 power lefty bats in this lineup for this year, but now they are back down to 1.

I also don't like Wells as the 4th OFer. I just want him off the team. Calhoun for 4th OFer would be better. Perhaps they can move Wells, eat 95% of his contract and get some AAA type SP arm for more depth to the team(don't think they could really get much else)
Old 12-19-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trumbo is awful.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Sox have thrown in their hat for Hanrahan. I would want Bard to start out with.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Trumbo is awful.
In the OF, yeah.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Danny Bard...I still believe! Greatest entrance song everz

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
In the OF, yeah.
No, in general. His first half was a giant mirage, once pitchers figured him out in the second half, he turned into Brennan Boeshc.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-19-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, in general. His first half was a giant mirage, once pitchers figured him out in the second half, he turned into Brennan Boeshc.
Yea...shoulda traded Trumbo in fantasy when I had the chance. His second half collapse killed my team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yesssss rumors Dodgers could be shopping Ethier and then pursuing Swisher/Bourn. I wouldn't be a huge fan of Swisher, but Bourn would be an amazing fit.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Wrong. Dude was just 2 extreme splits when really he's somewhere in between. He's not a .300 hitter like he was doing in the first half, and he's not ****** Vernon Wells like he showed in the 2nd half

I think he can be a .270/.320/.520 hitter with 30+ bombs.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

1.5 years of garbage vs 0.5 years of good baseball. Brennan Boesch did the exact same thing, I know who Trumbo is. A godawful defensive outfielder and a guy who can't get on base.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-19-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

You are being too dramatic. He hasn't been garbage for 1.5 years. He was garbage for the last half season. That's just as much an anomaly as his first half IMO. The guy isn't even in his prime yet. He's very capable of a .270/.320/.520 slash line based off of what he's shown and what he's done in the minors.

Boesch never really was as good as Trumbo was in the minors or majors. He doesn't have Trumbo's power, either. Bad comparison
Old 12-19-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boesch > Trumbo > Hamilton
Old 12-19-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Adam Dunn in the OF>everybody