Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-20-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
But I wouldn't do it unless the Chiefs had Cousins rated very highly before the 2012 draft and are in love with him now.
If they had him highly rated they probably would have drafted him before he went in the 4th round.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Captain Kirk Cousins is the second coming of Trent Green. I think the guy is a ten+ year starter who can be a top 10 QB for his NFL career.

Chiefs IMO should look into it since a 2nd and maybe a mid/lower round pick in 2014 would get the deal done.

But I wouldn't do it unless the Chiefs had Cousins rated very highly before the 2012 draft and are in love with him now.
yeah, uuummmmm.... thanks, but no thanks. the Chiefs had every opportunity to draft Cousins if they liked him. they did not. of course keep in mind the talent evaluator hasn't been all that good @ his job. it isn't Cousins that makes the equation bad. its the Chiefs trading for anothers QB.

i will reiterate what EVERY Chiefs fans has already posted. this franchise needs to DRAFT a QB in the 1st round the they believe will be the best QB in this draft. there is no other choice here. this town will revolt. imma steal a lyric from Sublime
Quote:
Riots on the streets of Kansas City
trading for another teams BU isn't going to be the long term answer. can anyone remember the last time a QB the Chiefs drafted won a game? made a playoff appearance? exactly. it's been a while. gotta start now.

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 12-20-2012 at 11:51 AM.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with a lot of the comments that Scott and Shane talked about in the podcast about it is time to select a QB with a prime pick. That being said if they aren't fans of Geno or Barkley they shouldn't be strong handed to reach for someone they don't want.

I think in that case it could be in their best interest to draft down into the mid teens and target someone like Tyler Wilson who has experience in a pro type system at Arkansas. With the rookie wage scale it is a whole lot easier to navigate trades even without a lock at #1. Teams will be hungry to get their targets and can make decent offers to jump up and snatch their man ala Dallas with Mo Claiborne last year.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I cannot even fathom why someone would think it would be best for the Chiefs to trade for Cousins instead of drafting one of these QB's.
didn't you see Cousins tear to shreds that dominant Browns defense? Dude is a freaking stud. Don't compare him to scrubs like Geno and Tyler. Pls go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I think in that case it could be in their best interest to draft down into the mid teens and target someone like Tyler Wilson who has experience in a pro type system at Arkansas. With the rookie wage scale it is a whole lot easier to navigate trades even without a lock at #1. Teams will be hungry to get their targets and can make decent offers to jump up and snatch their man ala Dallas with Mo Claiborne last year.
Who is going to trade up to #1? And for what prospect? There isn't that OMG ELITE prospect this year that teams are going to be clamoring for. It will be extremely difficult to move back so the Chiefs should just take their favorite QB and roll the dice.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Who is going to trade up to #1? And for what prospect? There isn't that OMG ELITE prospect this year that teams are going to be clamoring for. It will be extremely difficult to move back so the Chiefs should just take their favorite QB and roll the dice.
Thats my point with this new rookie wage scale it doesn't matter. Cleveland could move up to get a pass rusher or New Orleans goes up to get Star or Jarvis. It all depends on how KC sells it, no they won't get a furture first for the next three years but the sure as hell can move down and pick up an extra 2nd.

May not sound like much but having a second round pick and the guy you want is a hell of a lot better then picking someone that your not comfortable with.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No general manager is uncomfortable with drafting someone #1. They tirelessly scout the players. They interview the players, his coaches, and his teammates.

Only amateur "scouts" on the internet like myself would ever be uncomfortable with drafting someone at the top.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
No general manager is uncomfortable with drafting someone #1. They tirelessly scout the players. They interview the players, his coaches, and his teammates.

Only amateur "scouts" on the internet like myself would ever be uncomfortable with drafting someone at the top.
Of course that is that case and that was the point I was making. If they dont like what they are looking at position/value wise it isn't impossible to move down.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Star is the only player I could see being that kind of prospect, but I don't think anyone will trade for the #1 slot for him. So basically I agree with you. You kinda need a OMG QB prospect to have someone trade to #1.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Chiefs will select Damontre Moore.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What the hell for? That doesn't fill a need at all.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What the hell for? That doesn't fill a need at all.
Brian. Bulaga.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Brian. Bulaga.
RT was actually a big need then though.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They have Tamba Hali and Justin Houston. Why on earth would they select another outside linebacker..WITH THE FIRST PICK?!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
RT was actually a big need then though.
dammit vidae i've been in the library for 6 hours now and I try and make a funny and this is what I get?!?!!

fine.
Quote:
Old 12-20-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
dammit vidae i've been in the library for 6 hours now and I try and make a funny and this is what I get?!?!!

fine.
Oh, you're in the library? MAYBE YOU CAN LOOK UP WHAT THE WORD FUNNY MEANS!

Yeah. I went there.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That would be the worst pick since Tyson Jackson.

But worse. Much worse.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs should trade Glenn Dorsey to NE for peanuts and draft Star L...
Old 12-20-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The Chiefs should trade Glenn Dorsey to NE for peanuts and draft Star L...
You can have Dorsey AND keep the peanuts.

I want Dorsey to go to a 4-3 team and hopefully revitalize his career. He wasn't as bad as people made him out to be as a 3-4 DE, but he could be better in a different scheme.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
You can have Dorsey AND keep the peanuts.

I want Dorsey to go to a 4-3 team and hopefully revitalize his career. He wasn't as bad as people made him out to be as a 3-4 DE, but he could be better in a different scheme.
Do you like Poe at NT or do you feel like it is going to be a lost cause? He could possibly get a look at 5-tech if they dump Dorsey.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Do you like Poe at NT or do you feel like it is going to be a lost cause? He could possibly get a look at 5-tech if they dump Dorsey.
Poe has actually played pretty well this year. I was a big fan of the selection at the time but I thought it would take a while for him to get where he's at now.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Would Washington even trade him for that? The 2nd round pick would probably make more sense, although I think that could be too much.
IMO a 3rd would never do it. Washington doesn't have to trade him. Its a different story for someone like Sanchez. Cousins is proving to be a good back up to RG3. Washington knows they wont be keeping Kirk for long but giving him away for a 3rd is not gonna happen.
tmljeh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no bare feet View Post
This thread is full of all the lols especially since tmljeh19 started posting
what is so "lol" about Geno and Barkley not being clear cut #1 overall talent as of right now? I want for this brilliant explanation...
Old 12-20-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
yeah, uuummmmm.... thanks, but no thanks. the Chiefs had every opportunity to draft Cousins if they liked him. they did not. of course keep in mind the talent evaluator hasn't been all that good @ his job. it isn't Cousins that makes the equation bad. its the Chiefs trading for anothers QB.

i will reiterate what EVERY Chiefs fans has already posted. this franchise needs to DRAFT a QB in the 1st round the they believe will be the best QB in this draft. there is no other choice here. this town will revolt. imma steal a lyric from Sublime trading for another teams BU isn't going to be the long term answer. can anyone remember the last time a QB the Chiefs drafted won a game? made a playoff appearance? exactly. it's been a while. gotta start now.
Im a Redskins fan and I would love to trade Cousins to KC for their 2nd but it isnt whats best for KC. I would pull the trigger on Geno or Barkley if I was them even though I dont think either is going to be a the answer to their problem unless they get someone that can maximize Geno's talents.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post
Im a Redskins fan and I would love to trade Cousins to KC for their 2nd but it isnt whats best for KC. I would pull the trigger on Geno or Barkley if I was them even though I dont think either is going to be a the answer to their problem unless they get someone that can maximize Geno's talents.
We'll know more whenever the new GM and HC are hired. Once the staff starts getting into place it could go a long way to making me feel better about a rookie QB. Or worse.