Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-20-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. He might not have the playmaking ability, but I firmly believe that's an overrated skill for a corner. A lot of so-called play making CB's do it because they take a lot of unnecessary chances.

I'd rather just have a lockdown cover guy. If he happens to be great at playmaking and creating turn overs, that's awesome. If not, no harm done really.

I think Prince projects are number 1 guy. He's been great this year.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Tuck may be out this sunday. At this point I'm not sure if it weakens or strengthens our chances of winning. Maybe without him out there, moping around and giving a half-assed effort, we would win.

But then again, this is exactly the type of game Tuck would show up to, and play to the best of his abilities in.

I keep getting more and more nervous for this game. A horrible result could make my mood real bad for christmas eve, the gifts and the family dinner.

And to top it off, I've worked 50 hours this week already, so I'm in kind of a pissy mood even now.

Please win, Giants.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
What do people think on Terrell Thomas's ability to completely recover from his injury?

Should we be looking at CB earlier in the draft?
We should absolutely be looking at CB early. Terrell Thomas is probably done. Few players ever recover from multiple ACL injuries to the same knee. Although the Panthers LB (Davis?) keeps on coming back and performing good after tearing the same ACL.

Either way, we can never rely on Thomas again. We just have to take it as an added bonus if he can come back and play for us. It's such a shame he has bad knees. He looked like he was going to become a real difference-maker on our defense.

Quote:
Old 12-20-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man, TT being healthy would've just been so awesome. he was so good too. ugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually thought Thomas was a but overrated by Giants fans. I'd like to have him but he wasn't as good as everyone would say.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
We should absolutely be looking at CB early. Terrell Thomas is probably done. Few players ever recover from multiple ACL injuries to the same knee. Although the Panthers LB (Davis?) keeps on coming back and performing good after tearing the same ACL.

Either way, we can never rely on Thomas again. We just have to take it as an added bonus if he can come back and play for us. It's such a shame he has bad knees. He looked like he was going to become a real difference-maker on our defense.
I think there is some reason tobe optimistic with Terrell Thomas, he was cleared medically to start practicing last off season before going to IR (it looked like it was just too soon to handle the rigors of football).

With a full year to rehab and strengthen it, there is every chance he can play. Thomas is not likely to be a starter, but he could be a valuable contributer behind Amukamara and Webster.
Big_Pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Prince's ceiling is Corey Webster. Which I'll gladly take. I think at the very worst, he'll be a lockdown #2. I think he has #1 potential, but we won't know that until next year most likely.

Thomas isn't coming back guys. He's done. And even if by some miracle he does come back, we're still cutting him bc of the salary.

As for Tuck, meh. It's probably an upgrade that he doesn't start. I'm done with Tuck. It's one thing after another with him, it's time to move on. The constant moping and excuse making doesn't help me feel sympathetic towards him either.

Loved what he gave us for his career, will always love the guy, but it's time to move on. He's done.

What I found interesting was we're not the only Giant fans to notice this. When I read the PFT article and read the comments, you can see pretty much all of the Giant fans that commented acknowledge that Tuck is washed up.

He's a name guy now, nothing more. The production is gone.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People everywhere have noticed his production has dropped. He was the same last year besides a handful of games after that metting with Coughlin. I just think the moping thing that you are harping on is a bit unjustified. It sounds like the Eli haters in the beginning of his career. Tuck is a competitor and wants to win just as much as anyone else. I have been saying this for a while but it would be no shock at all if he hung them up after this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-21-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm not concerned about the stats, I'm concerned with how they're getting those stats.

Last year's defense had communication break downs. This year's defense is just not as good, they don't have as many breakdowns but they're not as talented either.

Offensively, from a scheme perspective we have some major issues we didn't have last year. Look at Eli's #s.
Yeah stats are misleading. I didn't know our stats but just watching our scheme, and watching the WRs closely, and the routes associated with this system, you can see after couple games that the opposing defenses do know something and playing us very well. They are route reading better than I have seen throughout TC's tenure here. I can't remember a season where this was happening.

That's why I told you from a while back after watching that something is up, and I thought the system was dated. That Cbs were in our WR's hip pocket. Before the WR breaks on his route, the CB is reading it and breaking to the landmark before our WR gets there. That's leading to Ints, or near ints, resulting in pass break ups.

I think you were the first person I told.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Questionable
C David Baas - Hip/Shoulder (LP)
TE Travis Beckum - Knee (LP)
RB Ahmad Bradshaw - Knee/Foot (LP)
S Kenny Phillips - Knee (LP)
S Tyler Sash - Hamstring (LP)
G Chris Snee - Hip (LP)
DE Justin Tuck - Shoulder (DNP)

Probable
CB Prince Amukamara - Hamstring (FP)
DT Chris Canty - Neck (FP)
WR Hakeem Nicks - Knee (LP)
WR Rueben Randle - Back (FP)

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-21-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Not what I like to hear with 2 huge games coming up:

Quote:
Giants RapidReports ‏@CBSGiants

Coughlin admitted "it may take an offseason" to address the issues with the pass rush. #NYG

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-21-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If that's not TC calling out Tuck, I dunno what would be.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Calling out Tuck? It's calling out everyone and Fewell.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-21-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It may take firing Fewell and getting some more youth into our pass-rush.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:11 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont worry guys, i'll be a DE next year and get awesome passrush. i may not have an awesome scrabble name or do backflips, but i got this ****. don't worry.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweet! We can hire BBD as our DC, I will be OC. BBD, I take it your system will be very aggressive?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

No Lewis tomorrow.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-23-2012, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Fewell was to depart (for whatever reason) who are the viable options as a defensive coordinator?
Old 12-23-2012, 08:06 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Jessie armstead Jessie armstead Jessie armstead
Quote:
Old 12-23-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Jessie armstead Jessie armstead Jessie armstead
Is he even a coach? Has he had any coaching experience as a coordinator? We need someone who knows what he's doing.

Quote:
Old 12-23-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

he's like an assistant LB coach. I'm kidding for the most part. Jessie's just my all time favorite Giant
Quote:
Old 12-23-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Adam Schefter has tweeted:

Quote:
Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross has emerged as a leading candidate to become the Panthers next general manager, per sources.
Looks like there will be some front office shake up

Last edited by Big_Pete : 12-23-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Webster is washed up. Clearly the Ravens know it and are exposing him.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

back to Tim Lewis defense, zero faith we get off the field on 3rd down unless the other team screws up.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah. If nothing else hopefully this gets Fewell fired.