Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-20-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I guess the 49ers posters here brought their friends.

No, we didn't invite them. We came here years ago to get away from them.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Eh whatever, it wasn't them it would be another fan base. Happens every year. Were lucky that we havent had a large majority of idiot patriot fans flow into these parts, considering how easy it is to find them. I probably teeter on that line, only difference being that I am relatively pessimistic in regards to judging this team.
I'm pretty sure Reality Check is still lurking somewhere

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I'm pretty sure Reality Check is still lurking somewhere
Don't even joke about that. EE would be more than welcome to come back though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Jaguars eh? Who is excited for a game with some Chad Henne and Paul Posluszny?

Last edited by cmarq83 : 12-22-2012 at 10:10 AM.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So the Jaguars eh? Who is excited for a game some Chad Henne and Paul Posluszny?
Man this is going to be a sucky game. The only way we lose is complacency. The Jags are just bad on both sides of the ball

Old 12-22-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the only 2 things I'm excited to see about the Jags are Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon. While there are some extremely bad teams in the NFL at least they all have some talent. Without MJD the Jags have 0 difference makers.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah the only 2 things I'm excited to see about the Jags are Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon. While there are some extremely bad teams in the NFL at least they all have some talent. Without MJD the Jags have 0 difference makers.
I think Shorts could have a nice enough game against us. But I don't think their o-line will hold up, the running game is non-existent and worse offensive teams have piled the points on them than the Pats. This could be a Ryan Mallett mop up duty game

Old 12-23-2012, 05:37 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Preview's up. Not sure if this will be a very interesting game to be honest.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...k-sixteen.html
Old 12-23-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Kind of a random thought, but does anyone else feel like Matthew Slater is overrated as our special teams guru? I think Kelly Washington blew him away in the same role, and even thought that Aiken was better as well.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha it's funny you say that because I always try telling people that Washington was a beast for us on ST, no one really remembers who that is. I would say Slater is still a very solid guy however, plus last year he had like one big deep ball from Brady if I recall correctly.....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, my only problem with Slater is that as a gunner on punts he doesn't seem to execute the "tip the ball back onto the field before it flips into the end zone for a touchback" thing very well. Also, he's completely ineffective as a kick returner.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Honestly, my only problem with Slater is that as a gunner on punts he doesn't seem to execute the "tip the ball back onto the field before it flips into the end zone for a touchback" thing very well. Also, he's completely ineffective as a kick returner.
Understatement. He's terrible.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is difficult to watch. Why the hell are McDaniels and Brady trying to force the ball to Lloyd. Jesus ******* christ...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Recap? I was traveling all day and missed it. I saw that Brady said it was terrible.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:09 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Yeah I missed it too. Although I read a few places that, especially on d, it was very vanilla with a lot of rotation. Without knowing specifics I don't think I mind what happened iif reports are correct. I mean its Jacksonville!!! Why show defensive wrinkles against them? Keep them for the playoffs. Likewise Brady to Lloyd will need to work in the playoffs, I would look for him too to develop the chemistry.

On a side note, the Pats have a realistic shot at a bye. Houston look a completely different team and playing the Colts with Pagano back is going to be tough because ya gotta think its a high emotion ggame for them

Old 12-24-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
He does one thing well and that's basically it. It amazes me he stays on this team, but I guess NE can't find anyone half decent to do what he does and something else.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We looked ******* terrible yesterday. Really feels like that big win over the Texans was more of the Texans sucking than us dominating. I think were a pretty distant second to Denver in the AFC right now.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We looked ******* terrible yesterday. Really feels like that big win over the Texans was more of the Texans sucking than us dominating. I think were a pretty distant second to Denver in the AFC right now.
I really just hope whoever we play, we play with some energy and competitiveness.

If we do that, we'll likely win. I don't really think Denver is that good and I think we matchup well against them.

Everyone is jumping on Denver's bandwagon. When that happens, NE tends to surprise people.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:21 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I really just hope whoever we play, we play with some energy and competitiveness.

If we do that, we'll likely win. I don't really think Denver is that good and I think we matchup well against them.

Everyone is jumping on Denver's bandwagon. When that happens, NE tends to surprise people.
I agree with descendancy, I don't think are that impressive. They have a nice win streak going but that schedule has been a cake walk the second half of the season. Knowshon Moreno isn't running for 100 yards in the playoffs.

As for the Pats I think there was a big emotional let down after the 49ers second half. No bones abut it they were flat out dominated in the first half but they fought back which was the most important thing.

The Jags game really means nothing. The Pats can score points in bunches which is why they have been so successful. A 10 or 14 point deficit is nothing, especially against weak teams so I think Belichick definitely made some decisions and changes that he wouldn't in playoff games.

I am really hoping for a big Andrew Luck day on Sunday. If the Pats can someone get a bye it will be huge. Get Gronk fully back, get Talib healthy, let Jones heal up properly, Spikes, Dennard etc

What I do not want to see again any time soon is either Kyle Arrington or Devin McCourty starting at CB. Arrington is a nice, physical slot defender but not a boundary CB. McCourty's upside at safety is tremendous and his play (along with Talib's coverage ability) is a big reason why the pass defense looked a lot better (SF first half being the exception)

Last edited by AntoinCD : 12-25-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Eh I am buying the Denver hype. I think they have a much more even team than we do. Manning can keep up with our offense, and you have to give their D the edge with Elvis and Miller bringing the heat. Either way I think the NFC is going to destroy whoever makes it out of the AFC this year.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-26-2012, 07:22 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh I am buying the Denver hype. I think they have a much more even team than we do. Manning can keep up with our offense, and you have to give their D the edge with Elvis and Miller bringing the heat. Either way I think the NFC is going to destroy whoever makes it out of the AFC this year.
I don't know that I agree with this, I don't think there are any dominant teams in the NFL this year. Seattle may be playing the best at the moment, but they are just as beatable as any other contending team. GB, ATL, SF, Seattle, Denver, NE and maybe Houston (I'm not sure what happened to Houston, but clearly they are off, more so even then us) are teams I think can win the SB. Yes NE, despite playing like crap the last two weeks. (I also would not be the least surprised if we lost our first playoff game.)

Last edited by Blackluck : 12-26-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Idk if I trust us going into Denver and winning which looks like its relatively likely to happen.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-27-2012, 07:26 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Idk if I trust us going into Denver and winning which looks like its relatively likely to happen.
Eh, it's the playoffs (likely divisonal round), there's probably not going to be many games where anyone will feel super confident of winning on the road. That being said, going to Denver doesn't have the same feel as going to Baltimore a year or two ago, or going to Pittsburgh previously etc. I think this Denver team is very beatable. Really their defense is playing well at the moment but it doesn't match up well against the Pats (if they are at full strength). Bear in mind that the offense threw up 30 on them wothout Hernandez and have gotten better as the season has gone on (last week excluded).

Denver is weak at LB (except Miller who isn't a stud in coverage) and at safety. That's where New England like to attack teams and it's also why they struggled early against SF (2 positions they have major studs at). I also think we can run on Denver better than Denver can run on us.

Defensively it will be tough to stop Manning, however the addition of Talib is huge. Thomas had a field day in the first game. If Talib even takes away one of his big catches then it reduces their effectiveness.

Overall, I would probably favour Denver in the matchup but I wouldn't be looking at the game thinking we need a miracle or a perfect performance to beat them

Old 12-27-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll hold judgement for now. The Jags have jumped on a few teams that looked as though they were expecting an easy W. I do, however, feel like the motivation and desire is clearly lacking and that reflects on BB. There are too many mental mistakes.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

The reality is NE doesn't have the killer instinct that made their great teams so great. Even the 07 team had it (and just got cold at the wrong time).

This team doesn't have the step on the throat mentality. Being healthy will help, but being mentally tough would help a lot more.

edit: We are a nightmare matchup for Denver. We can go to our TEs over and over and over and they simply won't be able to stop it.

Welker, Hernandez, Gronkowski, and Woodhead will have a field day against them.

Just keep **** in front of us defensively and make Manning throw into solid coverages and NE will walk out of Denver winning, easily.

Last edited by descendency : 12-28-2012 at 03:54 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote