Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Damn it Jordy! My fantasy team needs you!
Pick up & insert James Jones!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Woodson won't play on Sunday.

Was hoping for blitzing from the slot and Clay on the other side, hopefully clay can still play.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Pick up & insert James Jones!
16 teams... Jones is long gone.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good article on DuJuan Harris, and you won't be charged for reading it haha.... http://packersinsider.com/?p=4893
Old 12-16-2012, 08:35 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PFT is claiming the Packers have already decided Finley is gone after this year. While that's makes us all happy its still slightly disappointing because he has talent but is so ******* dumb and can't shut up. He will probably leave and never drop another ball.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope they trade him for something rather than just cutting him.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
PFT is claiming the Packers have already decided Finley is gone after this year. While that's makes us all happy its still slightly disappointing because he has talent but is so ******* dumb and can't shut up. He will probably leave and never drop another ball.
I dislike Finley's crap more than anyone, but I wouldn't mind him sticking around. I wonder if this year is slowly serving him a piece of humble pie?

On that note I would love to see Zach Ertz in Green and Gold next season. Really like what I see from that kid... I'm excited to watch every play of his in the Rose Bowl.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So again, McCarthy emphatically showed his support for Crosby after the game. Stop the ****** madness already

I like that they have confidence and are loyal to a fault with their guys, but at some point you have to have a breaking point. The guy has missed I believe 12 FG's on the season. 12! He's 1-8 from 50 and beyond, but now the guy can't even make chip shot fg's from 30-45 yards with any certainty. We are seeing these other teams sign street FA's over the last few weeks and these guys are coming in and doing way better than Crosby

getting real tired of this. The guy hasn't killed them yet but they can't let this continue. If he would have just made 1 of those chip shot FG's, the Bears aren't even looking at trying to tie the game up at the end there(Pack would have been up 11 and the game effectively over).
Old 12-17-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crosby ******* sucks... he is 58% on the year! 58 ******* % absolutely pathetic. We can not possibly do any worse. Just when he started to maybe show he was snapping out of it the last 2 weeks he does what he did yesterday. The worst part id he misses so badly you cannot even fathom how he does by so much. Then he usually follows up by missing to the other side.

Thanks McCarthy can't wait until Mason misses in the playoffs which ultimately costs us the game because you won't dump his ass already. What did someone catch you 2 with nude pictures together?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 12-17-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I hate Crosby.
McCarthy's downfall here is he is too loyal.... Mason has been his kicker since 2007.... he doesn't want to change.

But there have to be a hundred or more kickers who are better than this guy.

He's handicapping the team, severely.

Olinda Mare was a smooth 2/2 yesterday, on the same s***y field and same conditions, rusty even.

Ax yourself this: Packers down 24-23 at Minnesota week 17, with 3 seconds left, ball at the Minnesota 26 yard line.
Niners have lost to Seattle in wk 16, so the Packers win and they get the #2 seed and force SF to host #6 NYG in the WC game, IF WE WIN by making the 43-yard FG.

Do you want Mason Crosby kicking it?
Could you even Bear, I mean bare, to open your eyes?

I'd take Longwell thank you.
Maybe even Jan Stenerud.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Alex Green missed today's practice because of a concussion.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Hope they trade him for something rather than just cutting him.
No team is going to pay Jermichael Finley 8 million. It's probably better to just tell him he's being cut and hope he starts auditioning.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, now this is just my opinion, but I really don't think Finley is going anywhere.

#1 - Since when does TT ever let out any information about current players?

#2 - There is no way we resign Greg Jennings to a long term deal. Finley has a one year deal, and will probably play very well next season (looking for the big time long term deal from some team).

#3 - Now I have no way of proving this, but Finley is a matchup problem for any team. Put a LB on him and he is long gone.

#4 - For all of the dumb things he has said, he is still a young guy with upside and still could potentially mature.

#5 - He is still one of the most athletically gifted TE's in the game

Just my thoughts, but why get rid of a guy in a contract year? You know that he is going to do whatever he can to get that big pay day. That doesn't mean that they can't draft a TE in next years draft though.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Okay, now this is just my opinion, but I really don't think Finley is going anywhere.

#1 - Since when does TT ever let out any information about current players?

#2 - There is no way we resign Greg Jennings to a long term deal. Finley has a one year deal, and will probably play very well next season (looking for the big time long term deal from some team).

#3 - Now I have no way of proving this, but Finley is a matchup problem for any team. Put a LB on him and he is long gone.

#4 - For all of the dumb things he has said, he is still a young guy with upside and still could potentially mature.

#5 - He is still one of the most athletically gifted TE's in the game

Just my thoughts, but why get rid of a guy in a contract year? You know that he is going to do whatever he can to get that big pay day. That doesn't mean that they can't draft a TE in next years draft though.
1. Why would it matter if we're going to cut him anyway? May as well hope he starts playing better in order to get a decent deal somewhere else.
2. Will probably play better? That doesn't mean much. And if he does, he still wouldn't be worth 8 million.
3. True, but his drops have been terrible and he hasn't done any of that this season.
4. Yes, but not worth keeping for 8 million with all of his problems.
5. See point 4.

We signed him to this deal for a reason. He was either going to prove himself and be worth the 8 million, or he wouldn't prove himself and we'd cut him. He hasn't, so we'll cut him.

I'm not sure of the other TE's contracts, but i'm pretty sure if we kept him he'd be one of the highest paid tight ends in the league. He isn't even nearly worth that.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-21-2012, 07:15 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...184207231.html

sad but harsh reality

Driver and JEnnings are good as gone IMO, and perhaps Woodson will be to. I don't think they are going to want to be paying Woodson what he'll be owed for next season. That's gonna be a tough offseason, losing 2 of the teams old leaders as well as one of their better WR's. Only way Greg returns is if he's willing to give a hometown discount, but I don't see it happening nor do I blame him. He'll probably point to Vjax's deal as a starting point and the Pack need to spend the money on Clay(give him whatever he wants), Rodgers with another extension and then probably Raji as well
Old 12-21-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
According to Pro Football Focus, quarterbacks have a passing rating of just 23.5 on throws into rookie CB Casey Hayward's coverage.
It's "by far" the best mark of any cornerback in the NFL.
Dude hasn't given up a TD all season. Really excited about this defense going forward. Just need Perry back next season and hopefully he's the answer opposite Clay.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...184207231.html

sad but harsh reality

Driver and JEnnings are good as gone IMO, and perhaps Woodson will be to. I don't think they are going to want to be paying Woodson what he'll be owed for next season. That's gonna be a tough offseason, losing 2 of the teams old leaders as well as one of their better WR's. Only way Greg returns is if he's willing to give a hometown discount, but I don't see it happening nor do I blame him. He'll probably point to Vjax's deal as a starting point and the Pack need to spend the money on Clay(give him whatever he wants), Rodgers with another extension and then probably Raji as well
We should restructure Woodson's deal. He's obviously not worth what he's going to be getting next season, but no other team is going to pay him that either. Makes sense for both parties.

I'm not really sure why Jennings is saying "it's tough. the only thing they owe me is a paycheck". If he leaves, it's because he's asking for more than he's worth. He has a choice if he wants to stay. We don't have a choice if we want to keep him; we just can't afford him if he demands the sort of money he could get in free agency.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-21-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Saturday has been benched in favor of EDS. Good move IMO. Need to see if he can be the guy and determine whether OC is a priority for the draft. Saturday wasn't playing well anyway.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yep, very good move. They already have the division wrapped up, so they can afford to do something like this. Saturday has been AWFUL. If EDS doesn't show much, they'll at least know that they will then need to definitely draft a Center next April

EDS showed promise with his run blocking, but I'm still wary about how he'll do in pass protection.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

I don't see us keeping Woodson... I absolutely love him and he is one of my favourite Packers but the secondary has played so well without him... He is old and the contract is to much. Driver, Grant, Benson, Saturday, Finely, Jennings will all be gone. I wouldn't mind Jennings staying for a decent price because he is also a favourite player of mine. Finely I'm still on the fence. Yes he is so dumb and can't catch but the guy has so much potential and is young. So I have hope and hate towards him.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 12-22-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Pro Football Weekly, Packers practice squad TE Brandon Bostick is considered an "X-factor" for the 2013 plans at the position.

Bostick showed his potential during the preseason and he must be progressing throughout the season.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

The NFL has moved the Green Bay Packers-Minnesota Vikings game to 4:25 p.m. ET, giving it a more prominent national time slot considering what is at stake. Remember, the Vikings will clinch a playoff spot if they win. And a Packers victory would clinch the No. 2 seed in the NFC playoffs, assuming the Seattle Seahawks don't lose a 42-6 fourth quarter lead over the San Francisco 49ers tonight.

The NFL's adjustment to kickoff times, which also included moving the Dallas Cowboys-Washington Redskins to Sunday night, could lead to a long day and night of waiting for NFC North teams.

If the Chicago Bears defeat the Detroit Lions in the early 1 p.m. ET slot, they'll have to wait until after the Packers-Vikings game to find out if they will make the playoffs. It would happen only if the Vikings lose.

The Vikings, meanwhile, might have to wait until after the Sunday night game to find out their fate if they lose to the Packers.

Don't forget, these guys almost beat us 3 weeks ago at Lambeau. Ponder played absolutely horrible. He can't play any worse than that game. And we barely won.

I expect a serious dog fight and those crazy horn-blowing Metrodome officials will be blasting the fake noise to the max.

Peterson killed us 3 weeks ago......

I hate the Vikings more than anyone.... they haven't bothered me since year one of Farve. But if they knock us down next week, oooh..... at least we'd play them the week after again.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-23-2012 at 10:39 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Just like I did coming down the stretch in 2010, betting against us vs NYG, Chicago, then against us in Philly, in Atlanta, in Chicago, and vs Pittsburgh, I bought us a win.... today I bet on the NYG and on San Fran tonight.

I paid for our success!
But my account is out of money now dammit.
It's amazing how I can jinx these teams.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Sounds like when Cobb returns he'll still be on return duty for the rest of THIS season. Not the time to make a change with the playoffs looming. MM said you can't play scared

he also didn't sound concerned about Cobb's injury. He was getting an MRI today so they didn't have the results. Medical staff does not have high concern for Cobb, and docs will determine next step. X-rays on his ankle were negative, the MRI is to determine any ligament damage.

MM said he is hopeful(there's that word again) that a majority of the guys inactive last week will be ready to go this week

Crabtree is close, Jerel Worthy is ready, Green is ready and Nelson/Woodson are close. Starks and CJ Wilson still are a bit away from returning
Old 12-24-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, one healthy win against the Vikings and we could be practically free of INJURIEZZZ.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote