Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-20-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
Burfict was not drafted, he was a UFA. And one of the more impressive rookies this year so the change in how the team character is evident. In the old days, they would have drafted Burfict and he would have remained a spoiled angry kid. And the other two's 'issues' were lame and tame in this world and compared to previous bad picks (like Odell Thurman).

It is time to move the bias over to perhaps the Lions who are full of slugs these days.
I have no bias toward the Bengals. In fact I've never really even criticized them, just pointed out a pretty long-standing and valid tendency. And believe me, I've been ripping the Lions too. Just posted on Twitter the other day that Schwartz should probably be fired for losing that team and that Detroit's problem is that they have too many characters and not enough character.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I have no bias toward the Bengals. In fact I've never really even criticized them, just pointed out a pretty long-standing and valid tendency. And believe me, I've been ripping the Lions too. Just posted on Twitter the other day that Schwartz should probably be fired for losing that team and that Detroit's problem is that they have too many characters and not enough character.
Thanks for the reply Scott, the Bengals are actually (finally) understanding what type of players to draft.

In that regard, what was your pre-draft analysis of Geno Atkins? Holy Moly has he developed into a stud at DT.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Chief get Alex Smith what ?? Just kidding it would be a big upgrade for who you got now lol.

Why a DL for 49ers though.I know it is for depth but we seriously need help in CB and some safety help would be great. But if its BPA then a solid pick.
Maybe because Justin Smith isn't getting any younger and Sopoaga/RJF are free agents after the season. Rogers, Brown, Culliver and Cox are all under contract next season so any rookie corner would likely be inactive for most of next season for us. Goldson will likely be franchise tagged again, not worried about Safety.

Good pick for us Scott.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
Thanks for the reply Scott, the Bengals are actually (finally) understanding what type of players to draft.

In that regard, what was your pre-draft analysis of Geno Atkins? Holy Moly has he developed into a stud at DT.
In a way I am surprised that Geno Atkins has become this good, but I always thought he'd be a terrific interior pass rusher. One of the quickest defensive tackles that I have ever seen. I remember seeing Atkins absolutely abuse John Jerry rep after rep in "The Pit" at the Senior Bowl.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Sanchez went at 4, Tannehill at 8, Locker went at 8, Gabbert went at 10.

I would easily take both Geno or Wilson over those top QB prospects over the last few years.

I also think Wilson will skyrocket into the top 10 by April. 2.5:1 TD/INT with a 63% completion percentage is impressive considering he was playing in hell all year long.
I could see teams wary of a guy with a 6'1, 215 QB with concussion history.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott what are your thoughts on Glennon? Historically 6'6 QB's with huge always find themselves in the 1st Round.

Where do you see him being taken?
Old 12-23-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
We'll pretend this is true, even though I disagree: where do the Chiefs go with the first pick? We don't need an OT. We don't need an OLB. There is no WR worthy of a top 10 selection, and taking another DT is pretty much out of the question.

What would you draft? What position?
Completely agree with this.
Cant really come up with a scenario, where the Chiefs dont go after a QB with their first pick. Maybe if they fire Pioli, Crennel and the rest of the coaching staff, and then hire a DC who runs the 4-3, they could decide only to put Hali or Houston with his hand on the ground, and let the other one stay at OLB. Then maybe they could go for a pass rushing DE like Jarvis Jones (if they think he can play DE), Bjoern Werner, Damontre Moore or maybe even Mingo. Its a premiere position, and those guys are very talented. If one of them lights it up during the pre draft process, while none of the QBs really impresses, then MAYBE that scenario could come true.
Completely hypothetical, and I wouldn´t bet a dime on it actually happening, but Im bored on a 3 hour train trip going home for christmas, so bear with me :-)
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Scott what are your thoughts on Glennon? Historically 6'6 QB's with huge always find themselves in the 1st Round.

Where do you see him being taken?
I am torn on Glennon... Looks like a Top 5 overall pick on paper but is inconsistent. Is he Joe Flacco or is he John Skelton? Lots of fans in the scouting community though and I know there are even some who believe he could compete to be the first quarterback off the board. In the end I think Glennon settles in as a late first or early second round value but I wouldn't be shocked if he sneaks into the Top 20 overall, especially if he performs as well during the pre-draft process as I expect him to. Glennon is a very easy guy to become enamored with.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I am torn on Glennon... Looks like a Top 5 overall pick on paper but is inconsistent. Is he Joe Flacco or is he John Skelton? Lots of fans in the scouting community though and I know there are even some who believe he could compete to be the first quarterback off the board. In the end I think Glennon settles in as a late first or early second round value but I wouldn't be shocked if he sneaks into the Top 20 overall, especially if he performs as well during the pre-draft process as I expect him to. Glennon is a very easy guy to become enamored with.
Might be kind of an od question, but what would you point to if I asked for examples of Glennon having bad games? I haven't watched a ton of him, but I've probably seen 4 or so in their entirety and he's pretty consistently impressed me. I feel like I see the things I need to see, and there's not really any huge red flags. Confident in his pocket, goes through his progressions, has a strong arm and delivers mostly on time and on target. And then when you look at the paper and he's 6'6" 250 and has put up good numbers, I'm not sure what people would point to specifically as a negative. You mention inconsistency, but in what? Is it his accuracy? Have there been games where he just wilted under pressure? I just haven't seen anything yet to give me serious reservations, and in this weak QB class that sounds about as close to a no. 1 prospect as you're maybe going to get.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

How much of his inconsistency can we chalk up to his poor teammates. I've never seen a QB hit so many guys in their hands that end up as drops. Could you imagine him playing w/ Marqise Lee and Robert Woods or Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey?

Personally I think he ends up in the Top 10. He has every quality NFL execs love and considering Locker went 8th, Gabbert 10th and Ponder 12th I don't think it's a stretch.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
How much of his inconsistency can we chalk up to his poor teammates. I've never seen a QB hit so many guys in their hands that end up as drops. Could you imagine him playing w/ Marqise Lee and Robert Woods or Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey?
That's what I'm feeling like. I think if it was Glennon pulling the trigger at WVU, there'd be no question as to who the no. 1 pick is. Geno benefits tremendously from the play of his receivers.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
That's what I'm feeling like. I think if it was Glennon pulling the trigger at WVU, there'd be no question as to who the no. 1 pick is. Geno benefits tremendously from the play of his receivers.
Come on. I'm tired of hearing this. Austin is a special talent, but what about Bailey makes him a mismatch for defenses? I love Stedman, but he's not a huge, athletic freak like Megatron or Julio and he's not a small burner with amazing agility like Harvin or even Austin. He has played together with Smith since high school. They just have amazing chemistry together, above anything else.

WVU doesn't have a great running game or TE, and didn't really use 3rd or 4th WR's much (even though there is some talent there). Geno threw 40 TDs to 7 INTs basically throwing the ball to two players. He deserves more credit than he gets around here.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Come on. I'm tired of hearing this. Austin is a special talent, but what about Bailey makes him a mismatch for defenses? I love Stedman, but he's not a huge, athletic freak like Megatron or Julio and he's not a small burner with amazing agility like Harvin or even Austin.
You don't have to be a Calvin Johnson or a Percy Harvin to be a good receiver. Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, Roddy White. None of these players are 'athletic freaks' or 'small burners with amazing agility'.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
You don't have to be a Calvin Johnson or a Percy Harvin to be a good receiver. Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, Roddy White. None of these players are 'athletic freaks' or 'small burners with amazing agility'.
This is true, but Barkley had Woods and Lee. Landry Jones had his WRs. Tyler Bray had Hunter and Patterson. etc, etc... yet I only hear this argument used against Geno and his WRs for some reason.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
This is true, but Barkley had Woods and Lee. Landry Jones had his WRs. Tyler Bray had Hunter and Patterson. etc, etc... yet I only hear this argument used against Geno and his WRs for some reason.
Well neither Bray or Jones are considered possibilities for the #1 pick, so a lot less people are talking about them. And i've definitely used that heard as an argument against Matt Barkley. But again, Barkley has had less #1 hype, so less people are talking about him when discussing who should go 1st overall.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote