Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-16-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Oh. I thought you did this as a side gig like some people on here do.
Oh no. I deal with NFL, all-star game, and media personnel on a daily basis. I'll be in Houston for a high school All-America game later this month because that is one of my current projects as well.

Honestly, if you aren't doing this full-time it is impossible to be accurate because I have found just scouting the small schools and high school seniors is a full-time job! I do this full-time and I'm not even accurate lol.
JBScouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm just curious.

Docta,

Why do you give negative rep points to every thread I start? Which player am I not rating in the top 50 that has you upset?
Old 12-17-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey JB, what do you know about So. Illinois TE, MyCole Pruitt? I've heard he's on NFL teams' radars, but not sure how high. Draft eligible, but only a RS Soph and not coming out this year.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
Hey JB, what do you know about So. Illinois TE, MyCole Pruitt? I've heard he's on NFL teams' radars, but not sure how high. Draft eligible, but only a RS Soph and not coming out this year.
I don't publish my underclassmen rankings nor do I like to comment on them. When underclassmen see how highly rated they are they sometimes consider declaring and I don't want my information to ever be used for a player to feel good about asking the NFL for a grade or coming out.

With that said, he is on my radar. A lot can happen though as players have been in the 3rd round at this point in his career on my board and ended up undrafted while others were not even playing football at this point in his career and ended up playing and being drafted. I don't have him in the 3rd round but as I said he is on the radar.

The next two years will be key for those in his class.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I got the chance to broadcast one of his games. They really like to feature him underneath. He is talented after the catch, very athletic for a tight end. I'm excited to see how he develops.

However, another Saluki I have much higher hopes for is cornerback Terrell Wilson. Excellent size, physical at the line, great athletic ability, tackles very well. He had 5 tackles for loss from the corner position. Quite the feat, speaks volumes of just how physical he is and how aggressively he comes up against screens and the run.

Also, Wilson has this little tidbit:
"Still owns the state and national record for 12 and under boys with a 5:04 time in the mile."
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBScouting View Post
To be honest that selection baffled me a little bit. I did not grade him and the MVFC coaches did not even honor him either.
I'm completely shocked Andrew Robiskie received a East-West Shrine invite as well. That HAS to be due to his name and that he has a high quantity of starts.

His talent level isn't bad. Might even deserve a look as a practice squad type. But the past two seasons, he has constantly underperformed and constantly gets flagged for personal fouls. Honestly, it's like Richie Incognito in terms of that.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
I got the chance to broadcast one of his games. They really like to feature him underneath. He is talented after the catch, very athletic for a tight end. I'm excited to see how he develops.

However, another Saluki I have much higher hopes for is cornerback Terrell Wilson. Excellent size, physical at the line, great athletic ability, tackles very well. He had 5 tackles for loss from the corner position. Quite the feat, speaks volumes of just how physical he is and how aggressively he comes up against screens and the run.

Also, Wilson has this little tidbit:
"Still owns the state and national record for 12 and under boys with a 5:04 time in the mile."
Yeah Wilson is well put together. Has an NFL body. And he can really run as u pointed out.

I have a lot of personal interest in Pruitt though. He's my nephew. Wanted to see what JB thought of him so far. Your comment about RAC is dead on. Violent runner who's tough to catch in the open field for LBs.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah Wilson is well put together. Has an NFL body. And he can really run as u pointed out.

I have a lot of personal interest in Pruitt though. He's my nephew. Wanted to see what JB thought of him so far. Your comment about RAC is dead on. Violent runner who's tough to catch in the open field for LBs.
PM me then. I'll talk to him or you privately. Just don't want to put my top 15 FCS players out there and someone see 2nd or 3rd round and think they can come out now. My underclassmen rankings are where I think they could end up, not where they are right now.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly have no idea how anyone could come up with a list of 150 small school players, let alone rank them intelligibly.

Are you watching film (coaching film?) of them? Going to games? practices?

I'm just curious how you manage to find enough information on any of these guys to create a rankings at all...
Old 12-22-2012, 06:21 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I honestly have no idea how anyone could come up with a list of 150 small school players, let alone rank them intelligibly.

Are you watching film (coaching film?) of them? Going to games? practices?

I'm just curious how you manage to find enough information on any of these guys to create a rankings at all...
That's not the half of it.

At draft time Josh does a seven round mock draft using all small school prospects.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm reading all this and am COMPLETELY dumbfounded how everyone can overlook EASILY one of the best small school talents in this draft in Bushnell Cup Winner for Ivy League Defensive Player Of The Year DE Mike Catapano from Princeton...either you are unfamiliar with him or haven't looked closely enough. Catapano (who is 6'4" 275 lbs and runs a sub 4.7 40) has an invite to the East West Shrine Game and is an amazing athlete and complete STUD who has a 12 sack senior year and worked with NFL All Pro Chuck Smith who trained Osi Unenyiora and other great NFL pass rushers says Catapano will take a backseat to NOBODY in this year's draft...HUGE sleeper!
from his twitter account:
Chuck Smith NFL @chucksmithnfl.
I've trained a lot of great Dl/LB/OLB, Mike Catapano wont take a back seat to anyone in this years Draft! He will be special!

Catapano's coach at Princeton Bob Surace compared him to NFL All Pro Justin Smith whom he coached while with the Cincinnati Bengals
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

check Catapano out on youtube...hes VERY impressive!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

Mellette and Maysonet are studs too....Maysonet is underrated in my opinion....very explosive runner.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

Maysonet has an awesome story too....grew up so poor he had to sponge bathe himself since he didn't have a shower at home....great character kid who is spoken very highly of...followed him excel since he was in high school out in Riverhead (a top program out on long island). Stayed local to stay close to his family and went to Hofstra then when program folded he went to Stony Brook....but Maysonet is a big time talent.