Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I'm not saying Tebow should've begged out of the Wildcat, but the people who act like it's a license to pile on need a serious dose of perspective.
It's a douche move. Any player who refused to go in when asked by the coach to help their team is absolutely a license to pile on. And it's really in retaliation to the tebow lovers who are cheering about him doing this and sticking up to his big bad coaching staff and how he's not given a fair shot. The unexplainable tebow love is coming back out of the woodwork hard and it's ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People are so eager to attack him. Hissy fit? What? No one said that. They said he asked not to be part of the Wildcat, presumably because all along the Wildcat was supposed to be a way to get him into the game, not because it's an effective part of the Jet's offense. McElroy's not among the greatest college QBs ever. He didn't lead a team to the playoffs, win a game, and then get traded away. People act like Tebow's got no resume. The ****? He sure as hell does. Sanchez, who is definitely one of the worst QBs in the league, gets benched, and the coaching staff who said they wanted Tebow at the beginning of the season are starting a pure scrub over him. Forget why people talk about Tebow, if you were an athlete trying to make it as a quarterback in the NFL, starting McElroy is nothing short of a direct insult to you. I'm agreeing with FUNBUNCHER on this. I think everyone and their grandmother thought Tebow would get a shot at QB is Sanchez faltered, and the fact that such a high-profile player doesn't get a look when the team's out of the playoffs means the team has no interest in playing him. All Tebow's doing is saying, "Fine," And all the haters come out of the woodwork. Anything less than perfect is fodder. If an employer hired me telling me I'd be doing one thing, had me doing dirty work while I waited my turn, and then when my turn came gave the opportunity to someone else, I'd be pissed, too. Everyone knows Tebow's not a practice superstar. The Jets insulted him by starting McElroy. Plain and simple.
Let me counter this...

Heading into the year, Mark Sanchez accomplished more than Tebow had. 4 road playoff wins vs 1 at home, 2 AFC Title games reached....using this logic, Sanchez SHOULD have had a big leash and had some time to try and work out his flaws even though he ended up not doing so, part of it on him part of it for the supporting cast being so heavily flawed.

McElroy got lucky when Tebow was out with cracked ribs and got his chance vs ARI to come in and save the day, which he did in that victory.....he then got randomly tossed in as being inactive for next 2 games and McElroy never acted up or fired shots at the coaches for the decision so now he's being rewarded by getting 2 starts in what is a meaningless season now.

Tebow did not want to be apart of the team's plans, hence why the Jets went with McElroy...just to see if he's anything worth while. Right place, right time for McElroy as he impressed the Jets FO enough vs ARI to get these final 2 starts. McElroy put the work in, never once complained about his role and supported both QBs....and he's being rewarded here.

Tebow needs to do the work at practice, ....what kind of message do you send to your team by giving the nod to someone who stinks it up at practice in a real time game?

I'd be mad too but if a friend or hard working co-worker got the nod over me, at least I know the other person was just as deserving for the promotion too. If we signed a QB off the streets and played him over Tebow, you'd have an argument but McElroy was just as deserving of a break as Tebow was. No reason for Tebow to go and do something like this.

Doesn't matter, Kerley does the wildcat far better than Tebow. Throws a hell of a lot better too.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Exactly. Substitute Tebow for say Larry Johnson and the story changes completely. Complain about schemes, playing time, etc the media will crush you and call you immature and a poor teammate. Tebow does the same by snubbing the gameplan (wildcat) and being an unsupportive douche to his teammate when he was passing over and he's cheered?

He and his agent are using the Jets who are commonly known as bad guys by many and are despised by most against them, which is smart since the Jets set themselves up for looking this bad. Keeps Tebow's good guy image in tact while getting his point across...doesn't make it any less of a ***** move though but since its the Jets, everyone loves to rag on them.

However Tebow really should have kept his mouth shut and left the Jets to have the blood on their hands. This move is nothing more than Tebow trying to show a backbone and doing it in a silly, unprofessional fashion by not supporting McElroy getting the nod.

Last edited by Thecollegedropout : 12-24-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look. I'm not saying Tebow should be starting for the Jets. I'm objecting to how this one incident is making people just crow about he's a bad teammate. I mean, a Larry Johnson comparison? Yeah, this totally means Tebow is like a guy who pouted for years, never got along with his coach, held out, didn't try anymore after getting paid, bashed his coach on twitter, called reporters ****, has been arrested 4 times for assault on women, etc. But yeah, Tebow being pissed at not getting a shot to start totally makes him a bad teammate. You know, like Larry Johnson.

This **** is completely irrational.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Look. I'm not saying Tebow should be starting for the Jets. I'm objecting to how this one incident is making people just crow about he's a bad teammate. I mean, a Larry Johnson comparison? Yeah, this totally means Tebow is like a guy who pouted for years, never got along with his coach, held out, didn't try anymore after getting paid, bashed his coach on twitter, called reporters ****, has been arrested 4 times for assault on women, etc. But yeah, Tebow being pissed at not getting a shot to start totally makes him a bad teammate. You know, like Larry Johnson.

Sigh. It's called hyperbole. The fervent defense of anything Tebow from his "Tebownites" is the root cause of this.

Tebow should be treated how every single other backup QB in the league would be in this situation. If you are under contract and REFUSE to come on the field while being unsupportive to your teammates you should be thrown under the bus and ridiculed. The fact that this is Tim Tebow shouldn't make a difference in the reaction.

If McElroy were to refuse a backup role to Tebow and be unsupportive of Tim getting the start would the media coddle him and say it's fair based on how the Jets are run? No.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

nice scarecrow. That is not at all what he was saying and you know it.

Hes saying LJ got ripped for *****ing about playing time, but Tebow is being praised for it.

I understand why hes pissed and why he doesnt want to play. He feels like the coaches screwed him. I get that. He also feels no allegiance to his teammates after the way they treated him. I get that too. But youre a pro and this is your job. One of your teammates is getting his shot. Wouldnt you want your teammates to help you and support you if it was your chance? McCelroy earned his shot in the eyes of the coaches, Tebow needs to understand he was beaten out and accept it and keep working to earn his shot.

What happens if hes goes to JAX and gets beat out? will he say that is unfair too?
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you aren't impressing at practice, the coaching staff is in no way obligated to actually start you, no matter what they may or may not have said. Even though they may not be very good at it this year, their job is to win games, and starting someone for the sole reason that you "promised" them you would usually doesn't lead to that. If Tebow wants out, listen to the coaches for two more games and then act like this, but he has no excuse to do this during the season. Seriously, you can't swallow your ego and play wildcat for two more games?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
Yeah but I don't think management told him he's a lock to be a starter....Tebow had to go and earn it. Too bad if he doesn't do well in practice, what the hell kind of a message does that send to the team.

"Hey if you half ass it in practice or don't excel in practice....You'll be a starter on our team! Sorry to the guys who are doing great in practice!"

McElroy was never expected to do anything this year(Outside of Peter King who called it), he was an after thought but he worked his tail off and supported Sanchez and Tebow....why does Tebow throw a hissy fit now when McElroy's hard work and dream finally come true? Pure ***** move.

Tebow is a paid professional, and is signed to a contract....Tebow cannot go and do something like this and not expect to be crucified. If we're using this logic, why should the Jets pay Tebow his few million if he hardly did anything worth note for the team? Its because he's signed to a contract and like it or not, they are obligated to pay him....much like Tebow is obligated to do whatever is asked of him by the Jets.

Its pretty sad people actually applaud Tebow for being defiant and refusing to do what was asked by his coach.
My problem is solely with the Jets listing him second on the depth chart and rehearsing that he is the back up QB all year until the time came, and what they talked about and promised was passed up. And for that Tebow should be angry. Should he be defiant? Idk, probably not but its actually good to see that the guy is human and will stand up for himself. At this point, its not about not wanting to run the wildcat becausehe obviously wants to be on the field. Its sending a message to not only the brass in NY but the league that hes not a gimmick player. Whether anyone here believes he can start is irrelevant because this is a political move by Tebow. He wants out of NY, rightfully so.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
If you aren't impressing at practice, the coaching staff is in no way obligated to actually start you, no matter what they may or may not have said. Even though they may not be very good at it this year, their job is to win games, and starting someone for the sole reason that you "promised" them you would usually doesn't lead to that. If Tebow wants out, listen to the coaches for two more games and then act like this, but he has no excuse to do this during the season. Seriously, you can't swallow your ego and play wildcat for two more games?
He's 'swallowed his ego' for the last 16 weeks, now that Sanchez has officially been benched, the Jets are out of contention, it was only a matter of time before he let his frustration out.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
for christ sakes, tebow didn't sign there, he was traded there. holy hell. he's acting like a spoiled child. BUT...BUT THE JETS PWOMISED! earn your time. Maybe actually perform well when you're on the field. Play better in practice. Beat out Sanchez.
This. I doubt the Jets told him "We will for sure let you be a starter at some point". It's Tim's fault that ******* McElroy looks better to the coaching staff.

Seriously, the Jets were pretty ****** to him(the players taking shots I mean), but any other player would be grilled for this. Even good players shouldn't be pulling themselves out of certain packages, but garbage 3rd stringers should definitely not be picky about anything.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
My problem is solely with the Jets listing him second on the depth chart and rehearsing that he is the back up QB all year until the time came, and what they talked about and promised was passed up. And for that Tebow should be angry. Should he be defiant? Idk, probably not but its actually good to see that the guy is human and will stand up for himself. At this point, its not about not wanting to run the wildcat becausehe obviously wants to be on the field. Its sending a message to not only the brass in NY but the league that hes not a gimmick player. Whether anyone here believes he can start is irrelevant because this is a political move by Tebow. He wants out of NY, rightfully so.
Pretty much this. Bolded part is where my last few posts have been coming from specifically. And again again - I'm not saying the Jets are in any way obligated to start Tebow, that they should start Tebow, that I think the Jets will be better with Tebow, etc. But all year they've talked like he's the no. 2 QB and Wildcat QB, and then Sanchez goes down and they bump McElroy to no. 2. In other words, Tebow was never the no. 2, they just told him that while they used him as a gimmick player. With that in mind, comparing him to Larry Johnson is just throwing insults from behind a keyboard, because we all know Larry Johnson basically epitomizes poor sportsmanship. Saying this was a dumb move by Tebow is fine - I agree. But it's basically the first negative thing you've heard of him his entire career. He got mad because it seems like the Jets were just stringing him along. Ok. Next?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He wasn't just a wildcat QB for us though this year....we used him as a TE/WR and he looked lost and didn't even turn his head back on a play. The Jets tried him elsewhere but Tebow did not look good at all......

The problem with Tebow is he still believes he is a QB and has too much pride to admit he can't play the position. His refusal to learn other positions or to reinvent himself is going to be the death of him and this just furthers it. People have said he should be a FB or TE for a while now but Tebow is still hellbent on "Proving the haters wrong".

He's not a team player, he is looking out for himself. I can see where he's showing a backbone here but that still doesn't mean he isn't being greedy here. If Tebow was more cocky and open about it, I don't think many here would have a problem...but he continues to try and keep this squeaky clean image here and there's where the problem lies.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
He wasn't just a wildcat QB for us though this year....we used him as a TE/WR and he looked lost and didn't even turn his head back on a play. The Jets tried him elsewhere but Tebow did not look good at all......

The problem with Tebow is he still believes he is a QB and has too much pride to admit he can't play the position. His refusal to learn other positions or to reinvent himself is going to be the death of him and this just furthers it. People have said he should be a FB or TE for a while now but Tebow is still hellbent on "Proving the haters wrong".
Im not saying hes good, Im just pointing out that the Jets ****** him. I hate defending Tebow but they knew he wanted to play QB and said he'd get a shot if the right circumstances presented themselves. I dont care as mch as my post count on the matter indicates, though. I also disagree that hes trying to prove the haters wrong but instead trying to fulfill a lifelong dream of playing QB im the NFL.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

The Jets actually could have ended Tebowmania had they started him from Week 6 on, missed the playoffs, and the league/world would get a larger sample on how 'real' Tebow is. Instead we're left with the unknown and a team like te Jags will jump in and cash in on the hype. Because it is a business afterall and owners are money hungry first and some love headlines and publicity at the expense of wins.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh, I might have more of a problem with it if it was anyone besides the Jets. lol Tebow is just to nice of a guy to say "Please get me the **** out of here asap".

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THere's no way during the season a backup QB has an opportunity to impress coaches enough running scout team. There's no way scout team reps are split evenly between Tebow and McElroy The decision to start McElroy over Tebow wasn't based on performance IMO. It was an administrative decision, not merit based.

I sense that Tebow was forced onto Ryan and he never wanted the guy in the first place.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you actually watch the video and read the article, you'll realize that tebow didnt say he wouldnt play in the wildcat. he was upset that he wasnt playing, but he never refused to play. get off his back. any player should be upset at not playing, nothing wrong with that.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
THere's no way during the season a backup QB has an opportunity to impress coaches enough running scout team. There's no way scout team reps are split evenly between Tebow and McElroy The decision to start McElroy over Tebow wasn't based on performance IMO. It was an administrative decision, not merit based.

I sense that Tebow was forced onto Ryan and he never wanted the guy in the first place.
Ryan obviously didn't want him there. How else could anyone explain basically never giving him any run.

Part of me never questions authority and the other part says get me the #### out of here.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Im not saying hes good, Im just pointing out that the Jets ****** him. I hate defending Tebow but they knew he wanted to play QB and said he'd get a shot if the right circumstances presented themselves. I dont care as mch as my post count on the matter indicates, though. I also disagree that hes trying to prove the haters wrong but instead trying to fulfill a lifelong dream of playing QB im the NFL.
Fair enough....I think Tebow had to have known he was somewhat brought in to sell jerseys, that comes with territory when it comes to this.

Brad Smith had a lifelong dream of playing QB in the NFL....he then became a heck of a kick returner for the Jets and someone who BOUGHT into the Wildcat hype and was very useful for the Jets and has been solely missed by them as he made a decent payday for Buffalo. Michael Robinson turned himself into a Fullback for the 49ers and even made the pro bowl for the Seahawks...
Old 12-24-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
if you actually watch the video and read the article, you'll realize that tebow didnt say he wouldnt play in the wildcat. he was upset that he wasnt playing, but he never refused to play. get off his back. any player should be upset at not playing, nothing wrong with that.
The problem here is that people are vilifying the Jets here based off of reputation....there's a lot to attack them for(I say this as a Jets fan) but this is not one of them. Logic says if a player asks to not be apart of something, if you go against his wishes....he will not give it his all when put in the game since he's not up for doing it....and that of course can't be tolerated by a coach.

This is somewhat similar to what Carson Palmer did to the Bengals early last year by retiring because he refused to play for the Bengals as he got sick of the team altogether and wanted a trade and would not play again for them under no circumstance.....the only real difference here is Palmer was vilified since his team wasn't a New York/Big East Coast market team and because he wasn't Tim Tebow.

It is arguable(Though I think it was a douche move much like I do with Tebow) that Carson Palmer was right for not putting his body on the line for a team he didn't believe in anymore, and Palmer actually played YEARS on his team unlike Tebow. Of course though, since Carson Palmer is a USC QB and doesn't have the Tebow following, of course Palmer is made out to be the bad guy.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The problem here is that people are vilifying the Jets here based off of reputation....there's a lot to attack them for(I say this as a Jets fan) but this is not one of them. Logic says if a player asks to not be apart of something, if you go against his wishes....he will not give it his all when put in the game since he's not up for doing it....and that of course can't be tolerated by a coach.

This is somewhat similar to what Carson Palmer did to the Bengals early last year by retiring because he refused to play for the Bengals as he got sick of the team altogether and wanted a trade and would not play again for them under no circumstance.....the only real difference here is Palmer was vilified since his team wasn't a New York/Big East Coast market team and because he wasn't Tim Tebow.

It is arguable(Though I think it was a douche move much like I do with Tebow) that Carson Palmer was right for not putting his body on the line for a team he didn't believe in anymore, and Palmer actually played YEARS on his team unlike Tebow. Of course though, since Carson Palmer is a USC QB and doesn't have the Tebow following, of course Palmer is made out to be the bad guy.
Logic states that? Well if it does, it doesn't for Tebow. Everyone talks about how much of a team player he is. How hard he works. How dedicated he is. You're just assuming Tebow isn't giving his all, when he hasn't done anything wrong. It's stupid.

In no way is this similar. When has Tebow refused to play? He never has. He hasn't ever come out and said he will asked to be traded. He hasn't even said anything along those lines. He's upset with his lack of playing time, which would be perfectly normal for someone who was the 'back up' and then got passed by a 7th round rookie without being given a chance.

Tell me what Tebow has done wrong. Other than a massively misleading ESPN headline stating that he refused to play.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tell me what Tebow has done wrong.
The mechanics behind every pass hes ever thrown, for starters.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's unfair to ask out of a game if the team doesn't believe you are worth playing.

He was basically lied to, although it was more a situational lie than a direct one. In turn, he's asked out of his promise because they've broken theirs.

Plus, the Jets offense is trash - I'd hate to be judged based on it.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
People already making excuses for a quitter. This guy expects everything to be handed to him.
False.
Way wrong.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebow did more last year by himself than the Jets have done in 2 years.
That team is a joke, a laughing-stock.

You think their decisions on offense, at QB, have been proven to be right?
They're an embarrassment to the NFL, that offense.

They continued to believe that Mark Sanchez was worthy of starting.
And then they thougth McElroy was...... when they themselves were beaten by Tebow on the field last year.
What he did on Tuesdays in practice didn't matter much in the end.

Tebow would play bad for 3+ quarters than win. Ugly. But a win.
What would you call the Jets this year? Ugly. And losers.

Tebow > Jets
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote