Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-22-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
In what universe is Jerry Sands a centerpiece in a trade?
When Neal Huntington became a general manager.

Hopefully the other two players are better.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
And he pumps cheddar right? I seem to remember reading about him.
When he is right (he gets sloppy with his mechanics at times) he can hit 97.
When is is being sloppy, he sits 93.

He CAN be lights out or he can be a batting tee.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
When he is right (he gets sloppy with his mechanics at times) he can hit 97.
When is is being sloppy, he sits 93.

He CAN be lights out or he can be a batting tee.
Yep, same guy I read about. Hard to be consistent with mechanics when you're that big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Freel committed suicide. :( He was my favorite player when he was on the Reds.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Ryan Freel committed suicide. :( He was my favorite player when he was on the Reds.
It was genuinely hard to not have him be your favorite.
He played so damn hard every play.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 12-23-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember him as being the guy who had position eligibility at nearly every position in fantasy baseball. Good source of steals

holiday season usually ramps up the suicides. Sad to hear
Old 12-23-2012, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

He had one of my favorite catches when he robbed Pujols I think it was.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 12-23-2012, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't opposed to trading Hanny but I don't like giving him away. Would have liked something to add to the team now. The names we've seen so far arnt impressive at all.

Didn't think we'd get a lot for him but I'd rather have him keep closing this year than just another salary dump.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:28 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP Ryan Freel.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:59 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I wasn't opposed to trading Hanny but I don't like giving him away. Would have liked something to add to the team now. The names we've seen so far arnt impressive at all.

Didn't think we'd get a lot for him but I'd rather have him keep closing this year than just another salary dump.
If Mark Melancon is in the deal, I like it more. Otherwise, it's pretty underwhelming, but that just shows how little value Hanrahan had.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:16 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only looked at his numbers real quick since his name came out later last night, but he's nothing that ill be happy about getting back.

I'd have much rather bad Hanny unless the team was going to get better this year. Having him and Grilli would have been a very nice end of the bullpen. And with a team like this with so few quality players, I hate seeing one just given away.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/87...ar-deal-source

Swisher to the Indians
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, we aren't overpaying or anything.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's saddening to me is that Indians actually needed college material to reel Nick Swisher in. Anyway, this contracts look good. Best of Luck to Swisher.

Within Ohio news, RIP to Ryan Freel.

Machete - Idzik.
First Kill - Ryan.
2nd Kill - Mornhinweg.
3rd Kill - Thurman.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Dealing Hanrahan and Holt for nothing is awful. Complete salary dump, no way around it. Reporters keep citing a payroll limit, but that's no acceptable. Nutting is reportedly the 10th richest owner in the league, ticket prices are going up, tv money is going up, and attendance was way up.

It was bad enough when they decided to give Hanrahan away for nothing. Throwing in a young player that costs nothing to get the Sox to take Hanny off our hands is terrible. Holt easily could have competed for the starting SS spot, where we have Barmes and nothing else. Now he's just throw into the deal for literally nothing.

Stuff like this that makes me want to give up on the Pirates. It would be different if they were trying to improve but each and every year the con continues and payroll is kept low in order to fill Nuttings pockets. The big moves of the offseason are bringing in a .211 hitter and a 5+ ERA pitcher, while dealing a consistent closer.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I have no ill will towards this deal.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Melancon outpitches Hanrahan this year.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Melancon outpitches Hanrahan this year.
I agree. Hanrahan's walks and control was horrid and I believe will only get worse IMO. I loved Hammer but I can see a steady decline with him.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Dealing Hanrahan and Holt for nothing is awful. Complete salary dump, no way around it. Reporters keep citing a payroll limit, but that's no acceptable. Nutting is reportedly the 10th richest owner in the league, ticket prices are going up, tv money is going up, and attendance was way up.

It was bad enough when they decided to give Hanrahan away for nothing. Throwing in a young player that costs nothing to get the Sox to take Hanny off our hands is terrible. Holt easily could have competed for the starting SS spot, where we have Barmes and nothing else. Now he's just throw into the deal for literally nothing.

Stuff like this that makes me want to give up on the Pirates. It would be different if they were trying to improve but each and every year the con continues and payroll is kept low in order to fill Nuttings pockets. The big moves of the offseason are bringing in a .211 hitter and a 5+ ERA pitcher, while dealing a consistent closer.
Holt blows defensively. The Pirates value defense at short and C, which is why Barmes and Martin are gonna be there. Holt was so bad at SS he wasn't given an extended look there. He and De Jesus are the same exact player.

I have no ill will towards this deal. I think Melancon is going to be really good for us and not have a drop off from Hanrahan. He's declining and had very little value. 7 million dollars for a reliever for this club is not going to happen. They can spend the 7 million dollars elsewhere, like a hitter or a pitcher.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

They did, on Liriono. Which is nothing but blind hope that he'll start pitching well. That said, its a signing this team needed.

Somehow we gave up the best player, and arguably the best prospect and somehow it's a good deal because we're placing hope in another player to bounce back. They should have stepped up and paid Hanny if they wernt going to get anything for him anyway.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 12-26-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Yeah, we aren't overpaying or anything.
You aren't.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any chance that a Ross/Kubel platoon is worth $16MM?

Ross wOBA vs L .391(2012 .419)
Kubel wOBA vs R .359(2012 .372)

not that this means anything but here are their combined platoon numbers from last year :D

454 AB, 518 PA, 124 H, 25 2B, 2 3B, 35 HR, 116 K, 58 BB, .273/.351/.498

I'm bored

Last edited by fenikz : 12-26-2012 at 07:20 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only team in MLB to not sign a MLB FA!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any news on Bourn ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Only team in MLB to not sign a MLB FA!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Play with funny money for that long and you're gonna get burned.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote