Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope sf goes to GB. I would so go to that game !! Rep the 49ers in GB oh yes I will.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
You guys are a lot better than you are giving your team credit for.

Did you forget what you did to Drew Brees in Nawlins a few weeks ago?
Did you forget what you did to us early this year, in Green Bay?

I think Kaepernick is a lot better than Alex Smith, talent-wise.
However, the experience factor matters a lot too.

The key IMO is the injury factor. I have been amazed at how healthy your defense has been especially to the key studs Alden, Justin, Willis, Bowman, and Gholson back there.
Contrast that to the Packers defense, it blows my mind.

Am I the only one who considers those hits like the one on Manningham, to be "dirty" or cheap? I hated the horse-collar before it was finally made a penalty. I hate those dives into the knees of guys like that one dammit, and the one that tore AD's ACL last year.

Our game at Minny is a tossup... I got us 60% to win, but that place will be rocking loud.... you saw what they're capable of doing in that place earlier this year when they, somehow, smacked you guys. They also, unlike my club, have been remarkably healthy on defense this year, to the front 7 especially.

If we win, you guys will 90% get the lame Bears, which should be easy.

Then you will come back to Lambeau in s***y cold weather, which favors you guys because your OL and DL are more physical than ours.... we're soft.
We have lost, IIRC, about 5 of our last 6 home playoff games. Rodgers has never won a home playoff game. We will feel the pressure at home, again.

I love the bye, but I'd honestly rather, with this team, play on the road in a warmer climate... better conditons for the way our team is built, plus I think we play better on the road, usually.

I fear the 49ers more than Atlanta or anyone else in the NFC.
Almost every Niner fan on this board have violent knee jerk reactions to everything good or bad.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Where is AJ Jenkins?
He wasn't activated last week. Hasn't been activated pretty much the entire year, as we had a fairly deep WR corps before the injuries hit us.. He has to improve his strength. Kid is rail thin and just like LMJ, had vets in front of him on the depth chart so we were basically red-shirting both this year. But injuries have forced both into action and now that Kyle Williams and MM are both on IR, Jenkins will be someone we have to lean on, heading into the post-season.

Finally got around to re-watching the 'Hawks game. Everyone panicking about losing Cowboy and how our defense will be toast without him sound very premature. RJF actually played a really good game. I never once called out officials in any of our previous games this year but there were at least 3 blatant and obvious holds on RJF that wasn't called. The most glaringly one coming on Seattle's first play from scrimmage, Lynch's 27 yard touchdown run. You clearly see Okung grab hold of the back of RJF's jersey with so much force, it stops RJF dead in his tracks. How they blew that one is beyond me but RJF played good, all things considered. Is he Cowboy? Hell no. But he isn't a bum either. He more than held his own.

I think Aldon had his first bad game of the year. Didn't seal the edge on a couple of runs and didn't display proper technique trying to close on Russell Wilson for some would be sacks. You have a guy like Wilson in your sights, you have to break yourself down and square him up. You can't just lunge at him. He's too slippery for that. Same for Brooks. They'll learn...its just like trying to corral Vick in the pocket, you have to close in under control.

Offensively, we actually were not as bad as I previously thought. Its just that our red-zone offense is still putrid. This is going on 2 years now where we just can't seem to design anything that's creative and puts the defense on its heels in that part of the field. Idk why Roman and JH can be diverse and unconventional everywhere else on the field accept in the red-zone but its still a glaring problem.

Celek looked good. He suprised me. I thought he was a waste of a roster spot because as a blocking TE, I thought his in-line blocking was shotty and he committed way to many penalties for a guy used as sparingly as he had been. But he actually looked like a guy who could he a nice compliment to VD if he continues to develop.

The O-Line actually pass-protected really good for the most part. Couple of blitzes that caused confusion there for a few but pretty much, CK had plenty of time. Like I said in a post previously in this thread, we just looked flat early on. Like we were still hung over from the Pats game. We looked a step slow. We weren't throwing punches, we were receiving them. We're usually the bully but we got bullied.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-27-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Its just that our red-zone offense is still putrid.
So much this. The plays look ineffective because the execution has been terrible. It's a shitshow.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:05 AM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it has to be that they don't want to turn the ball over and are happy with getting the three points which last year lead to an amazing year for Akers who just misser to much this year.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:00 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This comment from the main board was amusing.

Quote:
Team seems to like getting punked every now and then. Embarrassing. Justin Smith is a coward for not playing. Take a shot and MAN up!

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
So much this. The plays look ineffective because the execution has been terrible. It's a shitshow.
Its not only the execution, its the calls. We call things that basically leave little room for error. And our play-design....3 WR sets inside the 10 are probably not going to net much success for us. They have to do a better job of using our packages as decoys in that area. Maybe try throwing out of that jumbo set on a occasion. Can't rememeber the last time we used play-action on the goaline. Instead we come out in jumbo formation and declare what we're doing from jump, beleiving we're just going to 'out-physical' everybody and just plow our way into the endzone. Nothing wrong with out-smarting ppl while your at it.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reports have said that DE Justin Smith has a partially torn biceps which is the same injury that ended Parys Haralson' season before it even started.

My main concern is making his injury worse than what it already is. Most likely having to go through three playoff games to get to the Super Bowl, im not sure if I would risk further injury to Smith. Honestly, I would let him heal up for 2013.

Jean Francois didnt play bad but you could see the obvious difference and like others have said, the Patriots game took a lot out of the defense and the Seahawks offense is actually pretty damn good.

What really sucks is that all of a sudden, the Seahawks are good, Rams are close to being good and the Cardinals are a QB and an OL away from possibly being good. Maybe its just me but it seems that all of the teams are good at the same damn time.

Was hoping the other three teams in our division would be crappy this season and for years to come but sadly, thats not the case. Oh well.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Its not only the execution, its the calls. We call things that basically leave little room for error. And our play-design....3 WR sets inside the 10 are probably not going to net much success for us. They have to do a better job of using our packages as decoys in that area. Maybe try throwing out of that jumbo set on a occasion. Can't rememeber the last time we used play-action on the goaline. Instead we come out in jumbo formation and declare what we're doing from jump, beleiving we're just going to 'out-physical' everybody and just plow our way into the endzone. Nothing wrong with out-smarting ppl while your at it.
I have said it since last season. It's all about the play calling period. In a way, if we lose Roman and/or Fangio in the off-season, I wouldnt even care that much because at times, they will call a great game but more times than not, they call a bad game with plays just make no sense whatsoever.

I would like to see more play-action and rollouts with Kaepernick because he would be able to pass or run if needed. Also would like to see them attempt more screen and tosses with James so he can use his quickness.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Here's something that I thought about that was funny -

If we and GB lose on Sunday but SEA wins, SEA gets the second seed because they beat (screwed) GB earlier in the season. I almost want to see that happen just so the NFL can have another problem on their hands because while im not a Packers fan, I was obviously cheering for them that night and they were so badly screwed.

Anyway, if SEA gets the bye, we would be 5th seed and play either DAL or WSH on the road. The 3rd seed (GB) would play the 6th seed which could be WSH, NYG, MIN or CHI.

I know im going to get bashed for this (but what else is new?) but in a way, im hoping that happens and the 6th seed can upset GB in GB so we can go back to SEA. That's right. I still want a rematch with the Seachickens in SEA because I still think last Sunday night was a fluke.

Granted, we would be the underdogs in SEA and everyone would expect us to lose and even if we were to lose again in SEA, it was expected by most but if we win, that would be so sweet to shut up all the Seachickens and Pete Carroll and Sherman who I cant stand at all.

Obviously, the 2nd seed or 3rd seed would be better but come on...no one here can tell me that you wouldnt enjoy that.

*let the bashing begin* tee hee

Last edited by dan77733 : 12-27-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Reports have said that DE Justin Smith has a partially torn biceps which is the same injury that ended Parys Haralson' season before it even started.
Torn tricep not bicep sacbee is reporting

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
Old 12-27-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Currently working on the new gameday thread.

50/50 for posting it tonight.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

I'm closing this thread.

New Gameday thread is up. Enjoyyyyyy.

Closed Thread