Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Calvin Johnson vs. Adrian Peterson

Here is a pretty good debate to have. These guys, atheltically, seem to be built like machines. Unstoppable players.

Who would you rather have.

Debate.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin. He has a much longer shelf life and Peterson has already had one major injury in his career even though he has come back even stronger.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For one season, Peterson. It's harder to find a RB that could give me something similar to AD than it is to find a WR that could give me something close to Megatron. However, for the long term I'd take CJ because I think he will play longer.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with Peterson. This guy put the team on his back to put them in a playoff hunt.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would depend on what QB I had. If I had an elite QB, i'd go with Megatron, but anyone else and i'd go with Peterson.

If we're talking long term from now on, then it's obviously Calvin Johnson.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Megatron, all day every day and twice on Sunday.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Megatron fairly easily. You could find a handful of complimentary pieces pretty easily and have a downright explosive offense.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin, literally 100 out of 100 times.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coin flip, although although Megatron will probably have the longer career.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting that the Lions are 16th in points scored and the Vikings are 17th.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take AD. Guys showing us he can put a team on his back. CJ hasn't yet.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apples to oranges. Would you rather have JJ Watt or Patrick Willis?
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Apples to oranges. Would you rather have JJ Watt or Patrick Willis?
"I'd rather have JJ Watt." - Everyone, except Ness

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
It would depend on what QB I had. If I had an elite QB, i'd go with Megatron, but anyone else and i'd go with Peterson.

If we're talking long term from now on, then it's obviously Calvin Johnson.
Calvin is doing just fine with a mediocre QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I was wondering if that was a serious question.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Calvin is doing just fine with a mediocre QB.

I was wondering if that was a serious question.
I was just trying to illustrate how this thread really comes down to personal preference; what kind of football do you like to watch? A great running game or a great passing game?
Old 12-29-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was just trying to illustrate how this thread really comes down to personal preference; what kind of football do you like to watch? A great running game or a great passing game?
There's no personal preference in Watt vs Willis, it's Watt every single time. You take a guy who is having the best season for a lineman in eons over an inside linebacker, every single time. Anyone who says otherwise is ******* insane and wrong.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-29-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I don't know...personally, I think Willis is the best defensive player in the league, year in, year out. He is the key to them rarely being run on effectively and the QB of their defense. I would rather have him than any other defensive player in the league on my team. I am totally confident that Willis will have a long career that continues the way it has started. But this confirms my whole point...it all depends on how one looks at the game.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-29-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Getting off topic here but I'd take watt over any defensive player maybe with the exception of Von Miller,maybe. Watching Willis a lot here in the NFC west I question whether he's as good as Navaro Bowman.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Megatron, easily. Not even a question.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Megatron. You can find top level RB play anywhere is the draft but elite WR's are a different breed. And this is a passing league, so....
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Getting off topic here but I'd take watt over any defensive player maybe with the exception of Von Miller,maybe. Watching Willis a lot here in the NFC west I question whether he's as good as Navaro Bowman.
I would have Watt and Ngata at 2nd tbh. But Megatron over AD and Watt over Willis easily.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
There's no personal preference in Watt vs Willis, it's Watt every single time. You take a guy who is having the best season for a lineman in eons over an inside linebacker, every single time. Anyone who says otherwise is ******* insane and wrong.
Agreed plus ur seeing what happens when a guy like Watt (Smith in SF) goes down what impact that has on a defense.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know...personally, I think Willis is the best defensive player in the league, year in, year out. He is the key to them rarely being run on effectively and the QB of their defense. I would rather have him than any other defensive player in the league on my team. I am totally confident that Willis will have a long career that continues the way it has started. But this confirms my whole point...it all depends on how one looks at the game.
Even if Willis is the best defensive player, a slightly lesser player at a more impactful position would be the wiser choice. It's nice to say that the best player at x position is on my favorite team, but when there's an option of having a lesser talented player at a position that is more conducive to team success, it no longer becomes compelling.

You make a good point, but poorly illustrate it because of how important DE is compared to MLB. You were comparing talent when the two positions are far apart, so people quirked their eyebrows. But when it comes to RB and WR, two positions that aren't really vital towards winning, then choosing your preference between two great players is more how you're saying with apples and oranges.

I think I'd go Megatron, and mostly because it seems the Vikings fans here are kind of persistent in reminding people how good AD is in the gameday threads. But then again, I also contend that the dozen or so active Vikings fans here are all the same person.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
I think if I were ranking defensive players it would be hard to put Willis in my top 5. ILB's just don't seem to be as valuable as other positions.

1. Watt
2. Justin Smith
2b. Revis
4. Nata
5. Miller

Then you can make a case for other guys like Wilfork, Hayden, Ware etc having more value just because ILB is easier to find (as is RB compared to reciever).