Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

I think I'd go Megatron, and mostly because it seems the Vikings fans here are kind of persistent in reminding people how good AD is in the gameday threads. But then again, I also contend that the dozen or so active Vikings fans here are all the same person.
Yeah all 3 of us who post in game day threads when Peterson makes a play.
We just flood this place with useless threads and posts. lol
Could you imagine what this place would be like if Peterson was a 49er or a Packer?
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I don't know...personally, I think Willis is the best defensive player in the league, year in, year out. He is the key to them rarely being run on effectively and the QB of their defense. I would rather have him than any other defensive player in the league on my team. I am totally confident that Willis will have a long career that continues the way it has started. But this confirms my whole point...it all depends on how one looks at the game.
I think if I were ranking defensive players it would be hard to put Willis in my top 5 maybe top 10. ILB's just don't seem to be as valuable as other positions.

1. Watt
2. Justin Smith
2b. Revis
4. Nata
5. Miller

Then you can make a case for other guys like Wilfork, Hayden, Ware etc having more value just because ILB is easier to find (as is RB compared to reciever).
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Could you imagine what this place would be like if Peterson was a 49er or a Packer?
Hey now... I am getting a bit off topic but a few Packers fans give the rest of us a bad rap.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
I think if I were ranking defensive players it would be hard to put Willis in my top 5 maybe top 10. ILB's just don't seem to be as valuable as other positions.

1. Watt
2. Justin Smith
2b. Revis
4. Nata
5. Miller

Then you can make a case for other guys like Wilfork, Hayden, Ware etc having more value just because ILB is easier to find (as is RB compared to reciever).
There's a whole lot there i can't disagree with.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post

1. Watt
2. Justin Smith
2b. Revis
4. Nata
5. Miller

For Ngata having done absolutely nothing this year (even though he's hurt), he sure is getting overrated a lot.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Johnson, but I'd be thrilled to have either.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Long term Calvin I guess but it's awfully hard to argue against Adrian's impact having a greater affect on wins and losses than Calvin's over the course of their careers. I'm aware they don't play in a vacuum but AD's 20-25 touches a game has carried a Tavarris Jackson/Gus Frerotte and possibly Christian Ponder 'led' team to the playoffs.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin, long term. Although I'd take Peterson for the next year or two.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't say it was a bad thing! After all, all the Tits fans are just Drew in one of those five-man puppet suits.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Hey now... I am getting a bit off topic but a few Packers fans give the rest of us a bad rap.
I know that, but in the short time of that post I made, one of them already hit my rep. lol
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know that, but in the short time of that post I made, one of them already hit my rep. lol
Was it GB12? Cause I will find GB12 for you.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
dont mess with packers fans lol!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oooohh put him on blast!! lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raiders could have had either one of these two, and they went with JaWalrus instead, ouch.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Peterson. If you have a good quarterback then I don't think you necessarily need a Calvin Johnson. His presence seems more of a luxury than a necessity. You take a look at the Arizona Cardinals for instance and I think Adrian Peterson would be doing a lot more for them right now than Larry Fitzgerald is.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Adrian Peterson. If you have a good quarterback then I don't think you necessarily need a Calvin Johnson. His presence seems more of a luxury than a necessity. You take a look at the Arizona Cardinals for instance and I think Adrian Peterson would be doing a lot more for them right now than Larry Fitzgerald is.
Calvin > Fitz by a pretty sizable margin, and the Arizona line is much, much worse than Minnesota. Granted, AD has set a record for yards after contact, but still.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Calvin > Fitz by a pretty sizable margin, and the Arizona line is much, much worse than Minnesota. Granted, AD has set a record for yards after contact, but still.
I don't necessarily agree with Johnson being better than Fitzgerald by a sizable margin. I still think he's better, but I don't believe Fitzgerald is that far behind. Regardless, if Calvin were in Arizona he's most likely not having the season he is currently having with Arizona's quarterback and offensive line problems. I just think Peterson would give the Cardinals a better chance to win compared to Calvin Johnson who would have to depend on the offensive line pass protecting and the quarterback being able to make the throws. As bad as Arizona's offensive line is, I'm guessing they're overall worse in pass protection than run blocking.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys take that rivalry serious.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
The Raiders could have had either one of these two, and they went with JaWalrus instead, ouch.
Or Darrelle Revis, or Patrick Willis, or Joe Thomas, or Marshawn Lynch, or Lawrence Timmons...

The top half of the first was pretty stacked in 07.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
You guys take that rivalry serious.
Tomorrow, there will be blood. And probably from AD trucking Chucks ***** ass.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
For Ngata having done absolutely nothing this year (even though he's hurt), he sure is getting overrated a lot.
I don't think it's good to discount players for being hurt when they've typically been healthy. U can tell he's injured but he's still a force and that's impressive in its own right. If it becomes an issue I'd drop him a bit but the fact he's giving it his all despite being hurt raises his value in my eyes.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The debate is the same as it was when they were drafted. Oakland looked ******** for taking Russell over these two back then and nothing's changed. I still think Andrew Walter would have been more than good enough in Lane Kiffin's offense with Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just going on personal preference, I would take Peterson. He's been one of my favorite players since coming into the league, I love watching him play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
The Raiders passed on Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson for Robert Gallery and JaWalrus. When the time came to draft a WR in the Top 10 it was Heyward-Bey.

The Raiders also passed on Aaron Rodgers (for a 4.2 CB), Big Ben, Rivers and Cutler. When they eventually figured out we need a QB: JaWalrus again.

They were certainly in position to have drafted Larry 2nd overall in 2004 and Rodgers a year later. They would've avoided the Russell disaster and still left themselves in a good position to pick an impact player from a quality 2007 draft. Ouch indeed.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson. You can have a great passing game without great receivers. Peterson is going to make his yards regardless of the situation. Many running games now a days are pathetic.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote