Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Rajon Rando?

No. Just no.

Kobe is Kobe, but age makes me give the nod to Melo. Melo is just better than Kobe now. Kobe can't defend as well, rebound as well, both are equal as scorers and passers. Both are clutch. Melo is younger, healthier, and more athletic.
Rondo is averaging 11.7 assists per game and shooting 50% from the floor. He's the only thing keeping Boston from being the a bottom feeder in the East. You're right though, Melo is so much better that this isn't an argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Rondo is averaging 11.7 assists per game and shooting 50% from the floor. He's the only thing keeping Boston from being the a bottom feeder in the East. You're right though, Melo is so much better that this isn't an argument.
I never said Rando wasn't very good. But he's not a top 5 player. Melo carries his team every night too offensively and we're the 2 seed in the Eastern Conference. Comparing offense as an argument vs Melo is not a good argument. Melo is at worst, the 2nd best pure scorer in the NBA behind Durant.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmm hmm Lebron.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron is a beast in every sense of the word. When I say pure scorer I'm talking about how complete his respective game is when talking about offensive basketball.

LeBron doesn't have a great post game, or a great jump shot. He's a beast and can score at will, but his offensive game isn't as complete as Durant or Melo.

Durant has a better shot, Melo has a better post game and jump shot.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If Derek Rose was healthy, I could see putting Rose on the list as well. But Rando, Love, ZBo, no way. That's laughable.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leborn could be the best at everything if he wanted to be. He said himself that he could easily lead the league in scoring and he absolutely could.

As for Melo, he is playing at a top 5-7 level right now, but before I actually put him there, let's see him win in playoffs.....he has, literally, the worst winning % of anyone ever that has played in 50 postseason games. That inexcusable for a superstar. I though I had already dispelled the BS notion that "right now" is anyway.....
Old 12-30-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

It's #KnicksIn2013 not #KnicksBefore2013 bro.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LeBron is a beast in every sense of the word. When I say pure scorer I'm talking about how complete his respective game is when talking about offensive basketball.

LeBron doesn't have a great post game, or a great jump shot. He's a beast and can score at will, but his offensive game isn't as complete as Durant or Melo.

Durant has a better shot, Melo has a better post game and jump shot.
"Melo has a better post game"

LeBron at the rim (1-3 feet): 5.3 for 6.9, 77.2%
Melo at the rim: 3.6 for 6.7, 53.7%

And LeBron has been considerably better every single year they've been in the league, with more attempts and a way better percentage. He's also A LOT better from 3-9 feet as well, so there is no way in hell that Melo has a better post game, outside of the delusional idea that he has these mystical moves that don't exist.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the list.....worst playoff winning % with 50 games.

1. Carmelo Anthony, 16-36, .308

2. Mookie Blaylock, 18-36, .333

3. Eduardo Najera, 20-39, .339

4. Chris Dudley, 20-34, .370

5. Brad Miller, 19-31, .380

6. Anthony Peeler, 22-35, .386

7. Marcus Camby, 30-46, .395

8. Stacey Augmon, 31-46, .403

9. Shane Battier, 22-32, .407

10. Tyron Corbin, 28-40, .412

I don't see how the hell you put him top 5 with the above....his results have been simply nonexistent in playoffs.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
"Melo has a better post game"

LeBron at the rim (1-3 feet): 5.3 for 6.9, 77.2%
Melo at the rim: 3.6 for 6.7, 53.7%

And LeBron has been considerably better every single year they've been in the league, with more attempts and a way better percentage. He's also A LOT better from 3-9 feet as well, so there is no way in hell that Melo has a better post game, outside of the delusional idea that he has these mystical moves that don't exist.
When did I ever say Melo was a better player than LeBron? Please show me that quote. I said his offensive game is more complete, and it is for anyone who has functioning eyeballs.

And finishing at the rim and post game are 2 different things snowflake. Don't throw meaningless stats at me to support your argument when it makes no sense.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When did I ever say Melo was a better player than LeBron? Please show me that quote. I said his offensive game is more complete, and it is for anyone who has functioning eyeballs.

And finishing at the rim and post game are 2 different things snowflake. Don't throw meaningless stats at me to support your argument when it makes no sense.
Except that a better post game correlates with more attempts and better percentages from the rim to 9 feet out, which LeBron has flat out dominated Melo in for several years both attempt wise and percentage wise. You can keep pretending stats don't matter, except that in this case, they correlate directly with your false classification of a "post game." What else constitutes a post game, exactly?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Except that a better post game correlates with more attempts and better percentages from the rim to 9 feet out, which LeBron has flat out dominated Melo in for several years both attempt wise and percentage wise. You can keep pretending stats don't matter, except that in this case, they correlate directly with your false classification of a "post game." What else constitutes a post game, exactly?
You know...playing with your back to the basket? That's a post game.

LeBron finishes at the rim at a higher rate bc he bullrushes the paint with ferocity and attacks the basket. That's not a post game. That's finishing at the rim.

Why do I need to explain this to you? You say a lot of dumb **** in this thread.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many times does it need to be said? Stop trying to argue with BBD. It will get you nowhere.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
You know...playing with your back to the basket? That's a post game.

LeBron finishes at the rim at a higher rate bc he bullrushes the paint with ferocity and attacks the basket. That's not a post game. That's finishing at the rim.

Why do I need to explain this to you? You say a lot of dumb **** in this thread.
LeBron has better percentages when doing so, that's the entire point. Melo's post game being elite is a myth.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-30-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I understand where you are coming from, BBD (kinda), but the whole point of said post game is to put you in a position to finish from close range. LeBron is the far superior offensive player from close range. If you want to say Melo has a more refined post game, fine, but it isn't more effective and it is ultimately significantly less useful than whatever Lebron does.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

But what LeBron does is NOT a post game! It's finishing at the hoop with his face towards the basket. That is NOT a post game!

I'm not arguing who the better player is, or who finishes at the basket better. That is not what I'm saying. Only a moron would say Melo is better than LeBron in that regard.

But Melo has a better POST GAME because Melo actually posts up whereas LeBron doesn't.

A post game is having your back to the basket. And "posting up", using a variety of pivot moves. When you become the post, you become the PG of the offense bc the off ball players all move to their sets while the ball is in your hands and how the defense plays you will dictate what you do with the ball, you can pass out of the post or pivot and score, either attacking the basket, using a hook shot, a fade away jumper etc.

That is a post game. Melo has a post game. Kobe has a post game. Olajuwon had a post game. Jordan had a post game. LeBron does NOT have a post game.

We're arguing 2 different things here. I'm not saying Melo attacks the basket better. I'm saying he has a better post game. What's the big deal in saying that? I don't get it.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Melo is at worst, the 2nd best pure scorer in the NBA behind Durant.
Wait...at worst? I think you mean at best, because no way is he a better pure scorer than Durant right now. Cmon bbd, you can't honestly think that...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron posts up all the time. He was in the post constantly last year, and has been so far this year too. LeBron has his back to the basket a ton nowadays.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
But what LeBron does is NOT a post game! It's finishing at the hoop with his face towards the basket. That is NOT a post game!

I'm not arguing who the better player is, or who finishes at the basket better. That is not what I'm saying. Only a moron would say Melo is better than LeBron in that regard.

But Melo has a better POST GAME because Melo actually posts up whereas LeBron doesn't.

A post game is having your back to the basket. And "posting up", using a variety of pivot moves. When you become the post, you become the PG of the offense bc the off ball players all move to their sets while the ball is in your hands and how the defense plays you will dictate what you do with the ball, you can pass out of the post or pivot and score, either attacking the basket, using a hook shot, a fade away jumper etc.

That is a post game. Melo has a post game. Kobe has a post game. Olajuwon had a post game. Jordan had a post game. LeBron does NOT have a post game.

We're arguing 2 different things here. I'm not saying Melo attacks the basket better. I'm saying he has a better post game. What's the big deal in saying that? I don't get it.
But if he had such a great post game, he wouldn't be below average from 9 feet in.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-30-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
LeBron posts up all the time. He was in the post constantly last year, and has been so far this year too. LeBron has his back to the basket a ton nowadays.
So very much this.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
So very much this.
We'll see you in the ECF. Can't wait.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way to quit when you know you're wrong.

And worry about winning a series first.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goes on rant about Lebron not posting up. Gets told he is wrong. "Whatever, #knicksin2013."

BBD, forenci and gentlemen.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Way to quit when you know you're wrong.

And worry about winning a series first.
I'm not wrong at all. I'll just let time prove me right like everything else I said. Remember when the Knicks were supposed to suck this year? So far everything I've said has turned out right.

Don't worry, when we beat you guys you'll hide in your bandwagon like every other Miami fan.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

DG and Yoda were posting as the team tanked to get Michael Beasley, so...

RIP TheManInBlack