Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's your MVP entering Sunday week 12
P Manning 28 50.00%
A Rodgers 4 7.14%
T Brady 12 21.43%
R Griffin 1 1.79%
D Brees 3 5.36%
M Ryan 2 3.57%
A Peterson 4 7.14%
A Foster 0 0%
M Lynch 1 1.79%
Other: Who? 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Let me summarize:

1) Packers have injuriezzzz
2) AD might not be on a playoff team
3) Rodgers plays in the best division
4) Rodgers stats against common opponents are better than Brady/Manning/Ryan.

I can't make as detailed a point for anyone else besides Brady so I'll stick with him.

1) Injuriezzzz aren't exclusive to the Packers, The Patriots have been without Aaron Hernandez healthy for most of the year since receiving a high ankle sprain. Gronk broke his forearm, Mankins, Connolly, and Vollmer haven't been healthy and have missed plenty of games. The Pats have had 2 players suspended for 4 games, lost their 3rd receiver/punt returner in Edelman, and they have had a spattering of defensive starters miss games like Jones, Spikes, Dennard, Chung, Hightower, Gregory, and Talib. Good QB's soldier on as Brady and Rodgers both have.

4) I don't care what the stats say after watching those games it's clear that Brady played better than Rodgers did against San Francisco, Seattle, and Indianapolis. The only games that Rodgers clearly played better than Brady are Arizona and Tennessee. The Patriots have scored more points against common opponents than the Packers have at 278-243, and both teams have the same record against common opponents. Again making any conclusion of quality of play based off of QB rating is absolutely stupid.

I don't necessarily disagree that Rodgers is the most valuable of the 3 to his team, but IMO he's been the worst of the 3 this year in terms of performance. He's put up plenty of pretty statistical games where I haven't come away thinking that he played particularly well.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 12-29-2012 at 08:41 AM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
AD could also put this to rest Sunday if he does to GB what he did a few weeks ago.
Not if you lose that game, like you did a few weeks ago.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a good point> [Green Bay will be playing for the 2 seed this weekend, which means the Vikes could fall out of the playoffs, not to mention lose to the Packers twice.
* The last time an NFL MVP missed out on the postseason was 1973. Furthermore if the Packers win, they'll have swept the Vikings and it would be hard to put Peterson ahead of Rodgers in that case. It's hard to vote for an MVP when his team is barely over .500.]

I still expect a big-monster big game by Peterson because remember the Packers are missing 2 starting ILBers in Desmond Bishop & DJ Smith, as well as 1st round LB Nick Perry. They will have a hard time stopping Adrian Peterson.
If the Vikings lose though, and miss the playoffs, that's an interesting stat that covers about 30 years.... will be hard for Peterson to overcome that.

Plus I think the voters will just want to give it to a QB, but Peyton Manning not Rodgers.
We'll see.

How many weeks into the playoffs until they announce this award, anyone know?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Peterson
4. Manning
5. Ryan

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Peterson
4. Manning
5. Ryan
If Peterson doesn't win it, like I believe he should, then I'd like to see your list right.
The bad thing is the MVP hasn't won the Super Bowl in a long time.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers1984 View Post
I never said he would win it I said he was a candidate. A single player means nothing try telling Houston that JJ Watt means nothing. As great as Manning has played his defense is top 5 so it is not like he has really carried the team or anything
And I said he's not a candidate since he has no chance to win.

A single player can mean a hell of a lot to a defense, as Watt and Miller do. But as I said, a single defensive player means nothing to the offense, it's all about the defense as a whole. Saying he benefited from a top 5 defense is fine, but trying to bring him down because "he played with MVP candidate Von Miller" is stupid.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not even sure Peterson is the OPOTY, let alone MVP.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I'm not even sure Peterson is the OPOTY, let alone MVP.
I'm not even sure this fruit tastes like an apple, let alone an orange.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Peterson
4. Manning
5. Ryan
FOR GOD SAKES YOU BRITISH TALLY WHACKER, IF YOU PUT MATT RYAN OVER JJ WATT, YOU DO NOT GET THINGS. Ahem.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The problem I have with Rodgers is kinda the same I have for Manning. He has beaten 1 good team all year the Texans. I am not sure you can make someone MVP who has not beaten a lot of good teams.
This is the NFL, not the WAC. You can't discount any numbers or wins against anybody. Sure there are some teams that are better or worse than others, but for the most part, NFL teams are on a pretty even playing field.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
FOR GOD SAKES YOU BRITISH TALLY WHACKER, IF YOU PUT MATT RYAN OVER JJ WATT, YOU DO NOT GET THINGS. Ahem.
Don't forget Von Miller. Legit MVP candidate, FTW!

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-29-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers are beating the Vikes. AD's MVP run is about done.

People are grinding these numbers too hard. It took an act of God to get the Broncos into the playoffs last year. Before then when was the last time they were playing in the postseason??

Yes Brady/Manning/Rodgers have a case for MVP, but I still think Peyton this year is most deserving.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Packers are beating the Vikes. AD's MVP run is about done.

People are grinding these numbers too hard. It took an act of God to get the Broncos into the playoffs last year. Before then when was the last time they were playing in the postseason??

Yes Brady/Manning/Rodgers have a case for MVP, but I still think Peyton this year is most deserving.
If the Packers didn't have Rodgers and the Pats didn't have Brady, do you think they would've made the playoffs last year? Obviously not. That Manning argument makes no sense.

The Broncos would probably be the best of the 3 teams if they all did't have their QB's. Therefore using your logic, Manning ISN'T the MVP.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-29-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The tiebreaker between the stellar years Brady, Rodgers and Manning are having will come down to the fact Manning is doing it with a new team and coaches, whereas the other two are in an environment they have been prosperous with in previous years. Lets not forget that a year or so ago everyone in here thought McDaniels had left the Broncos as the least talented roster in tHe NFL. Not many people were high on Thomas and Decker before the season, or on any of the Broncos tight ends.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
The tiebreaker between the stellar years Brady, Rodgers and Manning are having will come down to the fact Manning is doing it with a new team and coaches, whereas the other two are in an environment they have been prosperous with in previous years. Lets not forget that a year or so ago everyone in here thought McDaniels had left the Broncos as the least talented roster in tHe NFL. Not many people were high on Thomas and Decker before the season, or on any of the Broncos tight ends.
Everyone was high on both Thomas and Decker before the season. They were clearly very good players last year even with Tebow was playing.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I'm not even sure this fruit tastes like an apple, let alone an orange.
Megatron could end up with more yards than AP.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Megatron could end up with more yards than AP.
That wasnt the point. The point is mvp and opoy are completely different awards.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The problem I have with Rodgers is kinda the same I have for Manning. He has beaten 1 good team all year the Texans. I am not sure you can make someone MVP who has not beaten a lot of good teams.
Brady lost to the cardinals- MVP status revoked. Am I doing it right?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

This is funny.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Peterson.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me personally there is no debate. Peterson is the MVP.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Adrian Peterson: finished season with 1,019 yards AFTER CONTACT this season
Old 12-30-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD4MVP 10char

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Adrian Peterson: finished season with 1,019 yards AFTER CONTACT this season
He is just unreal. He did this coming off a horrendous injury and with teams selling out to stop him every week.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who still isn't giving it to AD is wrong.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote