Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Ryan called the game. Pettine is still raw.
Have you heard any chance of him going elsewhere? Even as a DC? I would think he would be a fairly hot commodity for a team needing defensive help.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Have you heard any chance of him going elsewhere? Even as a DC? I would think he would be a fairly hot commodity for a team needing defensive help.

His contract is up after this season and flat out rejected the contract extension. It may have something to do with Rex Ryan's possible firing. I can see few teams welcome him to fix the young defense team.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
His contract is up after this season and flat out rejected the contract extension. It may have something to do with Rex Ryan's possible firing. I can see few teams welcome him to fix the young defense team.
Yea I wouldn't blame him for not accepting a contract extension from the Jets. They are a mess right now. That said - the Jets defense has been a good unit so it will be interesting to see if he moves on in the same capacity elsewhere.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Schwartz can be gone, right?
Here's to hoping. I doubt it though. No discipline.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Here's to hoping. I doubt it though. No discipline.
No secondary or running game either which is Mayhew's fault. Schwartz can't control the fact Suh is a turd. Draft some players with good character.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors now saying that Rivera will stay, and that the Panthers may be promoting interim GM Brandon Beane, the guy who has only held front office positions with us, no football related positions, who was the fired Hurney's right-hand man, to fulltime. I can stomach keeping Rivera around, but **** this Beane nonsense. We fired our GM midseason, announced we would do a serious search, brought in reputable people like Ernie Accorsi to assist with the search, and we decided to promote an internal guy with no experience evaluate or dealing with players or coaches?

If this is true, kill me now. But hopefully its just a rumor.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 12-30-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never really been old enough to remember the Eagles in a rebuilding stage so this off-season is actually going to be kind of fun for me. I am looking forward to the coaching search...

...I say all this and then I will be ****** pissed when they pick some hack, but until then...I'm excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No secondary or running game either which is Mayhew's fault. Schwartz can't control the fact Suh is a turd. Draft some players with good character.
Suh is a turd because Schwartz allows him to be a turd, that team is undisciplined and that reflects the head coach (because he is a ******* turd himself.).

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Suh is a turd because Schwartz allows him to be a turd, that team is undisciplined and that reflects the head coach (because he is a ******* turd himself.).
So clean house completely.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
So clean house completely.
Absolutely (10 Char)

Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Kubiak safe in Houston if they lose in round 1?
Old 12-30-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Is Kubiak safe in Houston if they lose in round 1?
I think so. That team is getting better every year.

Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Yea I think Kubiak is safe. That team is solid - Andre Johnson is on the wrong side of 30 though but besides that they are a really solid team.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These moves may have already happened, at the very least they are heavily rumored

Rod Graves fired as GM
Mike Miller fired as OC
Russ Grimm fired as O-Line Coach
Steve Keim promoted to GM(Bidwell yes man)
Old 12-30-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
These moves may have already happened, at the very least they are heavily rumored

Rod Graves fired as GM
Mike Miller fired as OC
Russ Grimm fired as O-Line Coach
Steve Keim promoted to GM(Bidwell yes man)
Wow - pretty interesting they canned Graves. I pegged him as someone that needed to go but didn't think the Bidwells would do it.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea I wouldn't blame him for not accepting a contract extension from the Jets. They are a mess right now. That said - the Jets defense has been a good unit so it will be interesting to see if he moves on in the same capacity elsewhere.
Yeah, I'm interested to see what the rest of the league thinks of Pettine. It always seemed to me that he was a yes man to Rex. Though, I'm sure someone will give him a chance to be DC considering the success the Jets D has had.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So this is who I think end up fired by the end of it.

1. Andy Reid
2. Pat Shurmer
3. Jason Garrett
4. Rex Ryan
5. Norv Turner

Those that have a chance to get canned

1. Lovie Smith
2. Romeo Crennel
3. Ken Wissenhunt
4. Ron Rivera
5. Mike Mularky

Anyone else would be a bit of a surprise.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Last edited by Brothgar : 12-30-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

I'd be shocked if Garrett gets fired.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shurmur will be relieved of his job tomorrow. Reported that we want a "fresh face."

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
MikeTheDudeV2
Rookie

MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.

So do people believe that the current "hot" coach prospects are gonna wind up taking NFL jobs? So far I have heard a lot of gossip about Chip Kelly, Bill O'Brien, and Bruce Arians.
MikeTheDudeV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sounds like Crennel has officially been fired.Hoping/Praying Pioli is next
Old 12-31-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
sounds like Crennel has officially been fired.Hoping/Praying Pioli is next
Agreed sir, agreed.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:44 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reid, Ryan, and Smith should all keep their jobs. With those guys, you're much more likely to downgrade than you are to upgrade, IMO.

That said, I'm sure they'll all be unemployed by the time the ball drops.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:12 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Reid, Ryan, and Smith should all keep their jobs. With those guys, you're much more likely to downgrade than you are to upgrade, IMO.

Meh, sometimes you just need a fresh start. Andy Reid is a good coach, but there comes a time when you need to move on.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:10 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post

A.) Thanks a ******* lot Packers...I hope the Vikings rape you in every hole next weekend.

B.) Reid and Ryan should be gone because their teams and seasons were train wrecks. Lovie is probably going to be fired Dungy-style in that, while the team hasn't had a bad season, he just hasn't produced enough.

And we'll hire someone worse. I can all but guarantee it. The Bears have never hired a head coach with prior NFL head coaching experience and I don't see that changing. (Because he'd cost more...) I don't even know who to guess on... Maybe the Broncos OC who will come in and not be good without Peyton. It'll be a hire like that.