Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:10 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick are better than Romo. The Cowboys have to have an eye to the future and just find someone. Giving Romo another year is 100% gonna happen. I just don't want him here beyond that.
What about Tyler Bray? Could you see the Cowboys selecting him in the second or third?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:18 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
What about Tyler Bray? Could you see the Cowboys selecting him in the second or third?
I wouldn't mind them taking a shot on anyone that they believe could inherit the job.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:54 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind them taking a shot on anyone that they believe could inherit the job.
Reason I asked is because from what I hear Bray has all the physical intangibles, but may not be ready to start so he might fit in that role of sitting and learning.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I don't understand why they didn't just tell Ware to run at RG3 or to Morris. It's better to make your mind up as a D thn to have your best player standing still for half the game.
The problem right now is this is a novelty to most of these guys (coaches included). It's like they all of a sudden started running the wishbone in the NFL.

They way i was taught was that as a DE you forced everything inside and if you were unblocked you took a straight path to knocking the QB on his ass. Problem nowadays is they'll flag you if you hit them after they've handed the ball off.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The problem right now is this is a novelty to most of these guys (coaches included). It's like they all of a sudden started running the wishbone in the NFL.

They way i was taught was that as a DE you forced everything inside and if you were unblocked you took a straight path to knocking the QB on his ass. Problem nowadays is they'll flag you if you hit them after they've handed the ball off.
Its funny because I was thinking this last night, and I'm not sure if it's the coaches fault or Ware's fault but you always force everything back inside. I played OLB my Jr year and CB my Senior year and you were ALWAYS taught to just take the outside guy and force it back inside to the front 7.

I don't care what kind of scheme they are running thats pretty basic stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Its funny because I was thinking this last night, and I'm not sure if it's the coaches fault or Ware's fault but you always force everything back inside. I played OLB my Jr year and CB my Senior year and you were ALWAYS taught to just take the outside guy and force it back inside to the front 7.

I don't care what kind of scheme they are running thats pretty basic stuff.
I teach my DE's to keep their outside hand free and turn it back inside or go after the deepest man in the O-backfield. The point being let nothing get outside of you.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Common theme is putting the QB down hard, they tend to run things to the other side.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defending Washington’s offense and RGIII’s wrinkles often comes down to the second man. When the first man commits, the second man makes the difference.

As has been said ad nauseam, the read is designed to enhance defensive conflict. You can crash or contain. Your choice dictates what the offense does. But that’s just the first component. Against those option concepts, the first defender can’t win because RGIII is a smart runner that won’t misread his man. So the second man to the ball is just as important.

Dallas adjusted in the fourth quarter. Washington ran the same concept all night. Isolate the edge linebacker and let him dictate the direction. Shanahan dialed it up at the start of their penultimate drive in the fourth. Pistol formation with Morris as the back and a blocker flanking RGIII. He sticks the ball out for the hand-off as the blocker moves across the formation. He reads (I believe) Ware in a wider technique.

As soon as Ware crashes down on Morris, (I believe) Sims loops from the inside shoulder of the offensive tackle into the abandoned lane. Except he pushed his pursuit too far wide. Instead of meeting RGIII in the gap with a chance at a clean shot, he gets caught flat-footed in an awkward position where an arm tackle is his best shot. Dallas had the perfect design called for the situation. The defender just didn’t execute.

The fact that Washington’s inside and outside stretch concepts are the best in the NFL doesn’t help defenses though. It’s a tough ground game to gain traction against.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudders View Post
Pistol formation with Morris as the back and a blocker flanking RGIII. He sticks the ball out for the hand-off as the blocker moves across the formation.

The fact that Washington’s inside and outside stretch concepts are the best in the NFL doesn’t help defenses though. It’s a tough ground game to gain traction against.
It doesnt hurt either that RG3 has some of the most incredibly deceptive hands I've ever seen. I dont know how he pulls off a lot of his play actions. It's unreal.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick are better than Romo.
Oh, D. You get so silly after losses.