Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2012, 07:05 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kyle Long, OT / OG, Oregon

Not sure if it was posted but Oregon OT / OG Kyle Long was denied a sixth year by the NCAA:

Quote:
EUGENE — Senior offensive lineman Kyle Long said he is disappointed that his first season with the Ducks will be his last.

"The decision, it was out of my hands the whole time," said Long, who found out this week that his appeal for another season of eligibility was denied by the NCAA.

"You can plan a pretty picnic, but you can't predict the weather — that's what Outkast said," Long said after practice Wednesday. "So you gotta have a plan and stick with it, and that's what we're trying to do here. ...

"Just very appreciate of all the people in the Eugene area and all Duck fans across the country for their support over the last few months (and) for everybody adopting me as one of their own. ... The main thing is I want to keep working toward my degree. I wouldn't have been finished until next year regardless. So I need to come up with a plan to keep my academic focus intact."
A 23rd-round draft pick by the Chicago White Sox in 2008, Long began his college career as a hard-throwing, left-handed pitcher at Florida State. His career at FSU was cut short after he was arrested for driving under the influence in January 2009, but he eventually remade himself as a football player at Saddleback College in Mission Viejo, Calif., then signed with the Ducks earlier this year.

He played in 10 of 12 games for the Ducks this season, taking over the starting job at left guard after a series of injuries on the offensive line. He had never played guard until the week leading up to Oregon's game against USC on Nov. 3.

"He had a great impact on us," UO coach Chip Kelly said. "Great kid. Really just a good person to be around. Great teammate. A tremendous football player."

With his family lineage — his father, Howie, is in Pro Football Hall of Fame and his brother, Chris, was the No. 2 overall pick by the St. Louis Rams in 2008 — Long is an intriguing NFL draft prospect as a versatile, 6-foot-7, 311-pound lineman.

"Tackle, guard — I just want to play," Long said. "I'm a hungry kid who just wants an opportunity."

Love that he quoted Outkast! :o)

I've added Long to my rankings and he is clearly going to be one of the more intriguing blockers available in the 2013 NFL Draft. Definite Top 100 possibility when you factor in his extremely impressive physical tools, huge upside, versatility and of course those NFL bloodlines.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote