Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if it isn't a direct middle finger to Goodell I like to think it is.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. The appeal process is there for a reason.
Except that's not how an appeals process works.

Once you are appealing, you are guilty trying to prove innocent.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
They should just retest him Sunday. (and then every Sunday following)
He was "randomly" tested again today.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/12/...medium=twitter

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 12-27-2012 at 08:48 PM.
XxXdragonXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish professional athletes could take all of the PEDs that they wanted.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. The appeal process is there for a reason.
True, if it appeared as if were innocent. Instead the appeal was about the mishandling of the sample, not the cleanliness of the sample, itself.

Sherman, absolutely should have won the appeal. The NFL should be absolutely ashamed that they can't hire competent people to administer these tests. It's laughable how terribly mishandled his sample was. And the fact that he wasn't retested immediately, wreaks of absolute and utter incompetence.

The solace is that if he is dirty... karma.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is pretty much spot on. It is very likely Sherman is guilty of the substance abuse, but if the opportunity existed for the sample to be tampered with, they made the only call they could make and allowed the appeal.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
True, if it appeared as if were innocent. Instead the appeal was about the mishandling of the sample, not the cleanliness of the sample, itself.

Sherman, absolutely should have won the appeal. The NFL should be absolutely ashamed that they can't hire competent people to administer these tests. It's laughable how terribly mishandled his sample was. And the fact that he wasn't retested immediately, wreaks of absolute and utter incompetence.

The solace is that if he is dirty... karma.
There's probably something in the Players Association contract concerning testing while a sample is being analyzed/appealed. He was tested today as soon as it was announced he won, which is why I think that's the case.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
There's probably something in the Players Association contract concerning testing while a sample is being analyzed/appealed.
Likely. However there shouldn't be legislation against transparency and the need for an accurate and properly handled sample.

Once the sample was compromised, it should've been immediately discarded and a new test administered without prejudice.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
A mishandled sample could have compromised the cleanliness of the sample...so really it kinda was about the cleanliness of the sample as much as it could be. The tested sample came up positive, there's no disputing that, the only thing to dispute was the mishandling that could have led to a false positive.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Not to brag, and looking back at it now I dont know what to think about it but a ton of my teammates and myself took them before our baseball games last year. Its used for people with ADHD to focus and increase concentration. It's just like cracked out energy drink to be honest, basically speed if you take it recreationally...they are addicting too, don't ask me why. I don't take them anymore but most of the guys who I played with who aren't on the team anymore are still hooked on them.

With that being said they are not hard to get a prescription for, so if it is something that he enjoys to take he could very well get the prescription for it tomorrow and be fine. I don't think they should be considered PED's but whatever.

Also this is the NFL's own fault. It happened with Braun in the MLB and now its happening to them. If they **** it up, you have to let him walk.
I was under the impression they used it for studying/staying alert and focused during meetings and film sessions.

I didn't think they used it before games to be more focused/sped up on the field.

I'm curious about which is the real reason NFL players use it. Again, I just thought they used it as a study aide all throughout college and then just continued using it while 'studying' for their real job.

But your experience sounds likely too.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
A mishandled sample could have compromised the cleanliness of the sample...so really it kinda was about the cleanliness of the sample as much as it could be. The tested sample came up positive, there's no disputing that, the only thing to dispute was the mishandling that could have led to a false positive.
I don't disagree. That's why the handlers were incompetent. Once a sample is compromised, it should be discarded and a new test administered. Proper handling removes the hypotheticals in this situation.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Braun 2.0

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:09 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is adderall. I've personally never taken it but being in college I'd say around 75% of people do. It keeps you awake/energized for a really long time to study, and it keeps you cracked out to party late into the night. I've seen friends do it for both reasons, and I guess from my experience with friends using it I can't really skewer him for it. I just find it hard to put in that performing enhancer category.

I've had friends go to the gym while on it during a study break or after their work was done and there is no doubt in my mind that you'd have to be suicidal to use it right before a professional football game.

Last edited by DBNYDP : 12-31-2012 at 07:12 AM.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote