Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:53 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On one hand Peterson can make wine out of water, and can be a true difference maker at a position where it is hard to have that sort of impact.

On the other I see a receiver who is making me doubt that Randy Moss is the most dangerous player I've seen.

I think it comes down to that while AD is arguably the best runner the league has seen, he lacks some of the other skills a back especially in this era needs in areas like blocking and receiving. He's still clearly the best back in the league but I think the marginal value for that position is less than the one at receiver. So in a photo finish where I have to nitpick...CJ.

As far as defensive players go...it's between Watt and Miller for me. Miller has been the best pass rusher despite what sacks may say and he has been a terror against the run to the point where teams avoid him. Watt is a monster and obviously is an excellent pass rusher and a fantastic run stopper. Watt swats down a historic amount of passes but Miller's pass rushing ability has overshadowed his surprisingly above average coverage ability. I can't really decide they are both playing ridiculously well this year and they are very much are the reason their defenses are playing as well as they have.

Last edited by DBNYDP : 12-31-2012 at 07:01 AM.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:18 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin. He actually broke his record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:02 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
I think if I were ranking defensive players it would be hard to put Willis in my top 5 maybe top 10. ILB's just don't seem to be as valuable as other positions.

1. Watt
2. Justin Smith
2b. Revis
4. Nata
5. Miller

Then you can make a case for other guys like Wilfork, Hayden, Ware etc having more value just because ILB is easier to find (as is RB compared to reciever).
I think Von Miller makes a serious case for being #2 to be honest.

As for AD or Calvin, I'm going with AD. Although both are incredibly special.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Calvin. He actually broke his record.
So if AD gets ten more yards its him? Good logic.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
So if AD gets ten more yards its him? Good logic.
It was a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
It was a joke.
IT WASNT FUNNY!!!!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the Packers current roster a young AD would make me jizz in my pants. Although megatron would be awesome as well we just are currently in more dire need of a RB to provide balance.

Sucks both are in the NFC North.... makes it hard to root for them.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:52 AM    (permalink
elway=goat
Rookie

elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We talking them coming out if the draft? Or are we talking from this point on? From this point on, Calvin Johnson. AP probably has 2-3 more years of being a top back, before all the touches and hits, take its toll.

If you gave me the option of both coming out, AP no question. Sure CJ brings an excitement to an offense.. But AP does more. I think you put mediocre pieces around each player, AP's team will always have a better record because he can flat out carry a team. Even with an elite QB, I would still rather have AP. Because an elite QB can make average WR into above average WR, much easier than turning average running backs into above average ones if that makes sense. I think an elite running back can also elevate the play of the passing game. Especially if teams are stacking the line to try and stop a dominate running game.

I just think, if you have the oppertunity to get a running back as special as AP, you take him over anything except an elite QB. Running backs(less so today admittedly, with the rules to increase and make passing easier) do so much, like I said at the top. They touch the ball a lot, be it catching or running, they are responsible for the last line of defense as far as blocking for the QB goes(which also has an obvious effect to the passing game, as I mentioned above). They just do so much more than a WR, even one as talented as CJ. The one downfall is they generally have a shelf life alot shorter than a WR.

I think its a fairly obvious choice, really.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen
elway=goat is offline   Reply With Quote