Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 12-30-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 Playoffs - Colts vs. Ravens

I hope they carry this momentum against Baltimore.

Should be a tough game.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keys To A Win:

On Defense
1. Contain Ray Rice
2. Should Torry Smith have a big game, I think we're toast. Bolden doesn't strike me as the player he was a few years ago.

On Offense
1. No Turnovers - Luck is going to have to be patient and not toss careless throws when hurried. Taking a sack is better than a fumble or INT.
2.Interior O-Line has to play well esp vs Ngata.
3. We need big plays from Avery, Hilton and for Wayne to move the chains on 3rd down.

Based on what we saw during the season, a surprising strength is our running game when we need tough yards in the 4th quarter. For so long during the Manning era, this was a glaring weakness. If the game is one possession or less heading into the 4th Q, I feel pretty good about our chances.

All the stats say we should be at best 8-8 or have a loosing record. Let's make the playoffs count this year and earn a W.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore is pretty much the best-possible matchup for us. Flacco is a fraud, Rice is underutilized, the Ravens D is not as good as they once were, Jim Caldwell is calling the plays. Sure Ray Lewis is back, but he's still old and marginally effective. Still a good leader but he's no terror in the middle. Suggs is still recovering from injury. Ngata has battled injuries this year too and isn't better than Watt has been. Both he and Watt have power and speed but the needle dips toward power with Ngata. I think the OL can handle that better than Watts' athleticism.

If someone wakes up and decides to give Rice the ball a bunch, we might have problems. But again, Jim Caldwell is the OC. They've lost 4 of the last 5. I think we can win.

Especially because Bruce Arians had his best day calling the plays in week 17. He is back to just being the OC, so he can focus and make better decisions.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

A winnable game yes. Gonna side with RagingColt and say we have to stop Rice and Smith to win this game. Dennis Pitta has to be accounted for here to. Line opened at Bal -6.5 but I think we win 24-21.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck plays poorly in away games. But I think having Pagano back is huge. It will have a trickle-down effect.

Arians can focus on the offense only, which means better prep for Luck and the rest of the offense, better gameplans, better overall play calling.

Manusky can work with Pags to draw up better defensive matchups.

The DBs especially should benefit from Pagano's coaching, given his DB coach background. No coincidence Davis had his breakout game the week Pagano returns to coaching.

And then there's this: Pagano knows the Ravens as a team better than any other HC in the NFL. Arians spent years drawing up offensive gameplans to take on the Ravens D. The two of them scheming to go up against a Ravens team with a defense in a down year and an offense run by Jim Caldwell is the absolute best situation we could've asked for. No two coaches are better-equipped to gameplan against the Ravens specifically.

I am pretty confident of a Colts win here.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-03-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colts-b...4298--nfl.html

BA has been granted permission to chat with the Bears for their HC job.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

He has the flu and is a few days away from a playoff game. I'm sure they'll wait til next week at the earliest.

I am torn. I think bringing in Norv Turner might be great for this team. And BA's playcalling was incredibly frustrating for 80% of the season. But in the last game especially, with Pagano back and running the game overall, BA's play calls were excellent. I don't want Luck and the rest of the O players to have to learn another new offense so quickly. And what if they do something stupid like promote Clyde Christiansen? Or bring in somebody else that sucks? I obviously have no input but if it were up to me I think I'd keep BA and hope what we saw vs. Houston is "normal".

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-06-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, that's that. None of us expected playoffs so we can't complain too much, but I definitely think we wasted several opportunities in this game.

- O-Line was getting beat on passing downs most of the day, although they did ok run blocking. We need to rebuild this unit.

- Luck played well, but still has things to work on.

- Gave Flacco way too much time to throw. I hope they realize that another pass-rusher is needed.

- We could use another play-maker in the secondary.

- So many dropped passes.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I never expected to be in the playoffs. But I did expect to win this game. I hate that we lost the way we did. I don't think the Ravens played all that well. I think the Colts just played like ****. Arians absence really screwed the offense. Hopefully he is feeling better and we find a way to retain him.

If the OL could've held up in this game I think we would've won going away. Luck has no time. And it's amazing Ballard got the yards he did. This OL needs 4 new starters. I am including C because Shipley should be starting, not Satele. Very disappointed to see Satele trotted out there like he deserved to start.

Speaking of that, I as very disappointed that Zbikowski was on the field. He is a seriously terrible player. I'd say the worst starter on the defense. He is slow, he tackles poorly, he doesn't hit hard, he takes bad angles, and is often out of position. He does nothing well. Lefeged, on the other hand, had what should've been a game-changing forced fumble. Very very disappointed in this staff for putting Satele and Zbikowski on the field today.

Avery should not be re-signed and Fleener needs to spend 4 hrs a day with the jugs machine this offseason. The drops just killed this offense every time it really started to move.

The refs swallowed their whistles a bunch today. Lots of uncalled holding, DPI, uncalled personal fouls, etc. I think Carey and company bought into Ray Lewis' retirement extravaganza a bit too much. It didn't lose the Colts the game but it didn't help.

Overall an incredible season. I just hate how it ended. I'm looking forward to seeing what moves Grigson and his staff make in the offseason.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-06-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ballard- Officially bought into him today.
Allen- I like what i see out of him and he will be a keeper for a while
O-line- please return your game checks. They need a complete overhaul and I hope we can land some good talent in the draft
Vontae Davis- He has really turned it on lately. Hopefully Pagano can coach him up some more. Opposite of Davis thought needs some work.
TY Hilton- Very smarter play and just seems to make big plays

Hopefully we can make a splash in free agency on the o-line to allow us to draft some young defensive talent.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote