Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't trust Pioli to hire another HC or to draft a QB in any round of any draft. I think it would be bad to keep him here, yes.
So if you hired a good HC and then drafted a QB, you'd be happy with him staying?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Jason La Canfora

Quote:
Heard some rumblings that perhaps the Bengals beef up their front office this offseason, and maybe add a general manager position. Owner Mike Brown did expand his scouting staff, finally, a year ago. Worth keeping an eye on.
I will believe it when I see it.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do people keep saying Pioli has done a great job collecting talent when most of that talent was all ready there when he got there? He has done a good job for the most part locking up that talent but that's about it.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Why do people keep saying Pioli has done a great job collecting talent when most of that talent was all ready there when he got there? He has done a good job for the most part locking up that talent but that's about it.
It was just from the last few drafts in which I thought he had done quite well.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-31-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of firings today, but the Lovie one surprised me.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some thoughts....

-Dear Oakland, you should get Whiz on the line...he'd be a welcome upgrade for you over Knapp.

-Dear Jerry Jones, I'm sure you'll give Norv a call but FYI he won't turn Romo into a SB winning QB.

-Dear Arizona, I hope you hire Todd Haley. In fact the entire NFC West would love for you to hire Todd Haley. P.S. your OL and QB situations are fine.

-Dear Buffalo, 3 teams have already scheduled interviews with your next Head Coach aka Dirk Koetter. Ya'll better get on that or you'll end up with Rod Marinelli. If only you guys could land a hot name off the market, it'd be real fun to see the Bills make a splash hire.

-Dear Brownies, seems you are intent are hiring the coach before the GM. Wonder who the new GM will hire in new 2 years ? You might as well start looking forward to that.

-Dear Bears, Jon Gruden will make Jay Cutler cry.

-Dear San Diego, took you f'n long enough to wake up. Regards, Coffee.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
According to Jason La Canfora

I will believe it when I see it.
That has been rumored for a few years, their has even been a few rumblings that Marvin Lewis would take that role with perhaps Zimmer taking over the HC job. Mike Brown does know that once he retires, dies or becomes an invalid his daughter takes over the team and she will want a proper GM. So if the Bengals do go that route shortly it would basically mean Mike Brown is stepping back from operations.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
It was just from the last few drafts in which I thought he had done quite well.
His last few drafts have been ok at best.

People point to the fact that we have 5 Pro Bowlers this year, but Pioli only drafted one of them. He's good at locking up homegrown talent (for the most part, bye Carr, and Bowe soon) but he isn't a lights out talent evaluator like some people believe.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Early word is the Bills are going to go hard for Gruden and Lovie.....we will probably strike out on both and hire Cam Cameron.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders have released IC Greg Knapp, special teams coordinator Steve Hoffman, IL coach Frank Pollack and linebackers coach Johnny Holland.

per Schefter.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMG YES!!! **** YOU KNAPP.

Merry Christmas!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
His last few drafts have been ok at best.

People point to the fact that we have 5 Pro Bowlers this year, but Pioli only drafted one of them. He's good at locking up homegrown talent (for the most part, bye Carr, and Bowe soon) but he isn't a lights out talent evaluator like some people believe.
Oh okay.

I actually think KC would be a good place for any coach to go. They clearly have a talented team, plug in a decent QB and they could be in the playoff hunt. And then the coach gets all the glory for taking the worst team in the NFL and making them good.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-31-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Early word is the Bills are going to go hard for Gruden and Lovie.....we will probably strike out on both and hire Cam Cameron.
Can't wait.

I love how everyone was calling for Chan's head, with reason, and once it actually happened everybody is just talking about how great of a guy he is. Which he is. Very classy.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh okay.

I actually think KC would be a good place for any coach to go. They clearly have a talented team, plug in a decent QB and they could be in the playoff hunt. And then the coach gets all the glory for taking the worst team in the NFL and making them good.
Sign me up muddafuckas, I am an offensive genius, I make my own plays and they always work in Madden.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pioli's drafts seczzz speeedzzzz and everyone gets boner's over the chiefs until they step on the field in september
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Sign me up muddafuckas, I am an offensive genius, I make my own plays and they always work in Madden.
They can't be hiring Raiders fans. You'd probably leave Charles out the offense and start running the wildcat with Brady Quinn.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-31-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
They can't be hiring Raiders fans. You'd probably leave Charles out the offense and start running the wildcat with Brady Quinn.
**** Quinn, I'll run Air Coryell with AMERICANZI!!

Or trade a 1st and a 2nd for Colin Kaepernick

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-31-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh **** yes! The Jon Gruden rumors are about to start flying around!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

per Clark Hunt he is hiring the new HC and the HC will report directly to Hunt himself...aka GOODBYE Pioli!!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Schottenhimer is available all with openings!!!!:) Actually, he was pretty good this year, especially when compared to his old team, so on second thought, let him be.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Oh **** yes! The Jon Gruden rumors are about to start flying around!
Would not be shocked if it was really Jay Gruden as a Buffalo Bills HC candidate. He just seems like "that" type of a random hire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Brian Schottenhimer is available all with openings!!!!:) Actually, he was pretty good this year, especially when compared to his old team, so on second thought, let him be.
Schotty was good year 1 with the Jets too in 06....then it alllllllllll went downhill.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Devin Hester,

You are really, really stupid.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...ie-smith-fired

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Dear Devin Hester,

I don't see why it's stupid. If he doesn't enjoy playing football and doesn't want to play anymore that's his own decision.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-31-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Dear Devin Hester,

Quote:
The 30-year-old Hester
Holy crap, time flies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of excited. Chicago is a marquee job and this time around, the team is actually close to success. Emery should be able to get his first choice, whoever that is. It's not like it usually is, when we go hunting for a coach and the team is terrible.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote