Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 12-30-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lovie isn't going to be fired. We just went 10-6, and this is the Chicago Bears. He's not going to be fired.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:11 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's hope. While I have my issues with Lovie, he's easily a top-half of the league type of head coach and I don't trust us to avoid a major downgrade.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Lovie isn't going to be fired. We just went 10-6, and this is the Chicago Bears. He's not going to be fired.
Well, maybe there is something changing at the top. Quickly the Bears have fired Lovie Smith.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Dan Pompeii reported it as well. I wonder who the Bears will interview. It would be interesting to go after Chip Kelly, but I still don't believe that his coaching style would be respected enough in the NFL and definitely not with the current veteran team we have. Unless we are going to have a yard sale of trades and rebuild that defense entirely.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha. Well so much for that! Looks like the new GM wanted his own guy, because I don't see how you fire a guy for winning 10 games when you didn't fire him the season before for winning 8.

I'm with BB, I don't like it. Lovie is one of the better coaches in the league and his record bears that out.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I wouldn't want Chip Kelly, but I'd take a long look at Bill O'Brien

Old 12-31-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't want Chip Kelly, but I'd take a long look at Bill O'Brien
I think Bill O'Brien would be a great fit for you guys. I think Chip Kelly will fail in the NFL if he isnt way flexible with his system he'd try to install.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As great as Bill O'Brien would be, I cannot see him leaving Penn State that soon. Mike McCoy is supposedly at the top of the list.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ew-mike-mccoy/
Old 12-31-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
As great as Bill O'Brien would be, I cannot see him leaving Penn State that soon. Mike McCoy is supposedly at the top of the list.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ew-mike-mccoy/
I called McCoy as a possibility last night...fits our bill of guys without former NFL head coaching experience. It'd be weird as hell to have an offensive minded head coach though...

And I wouldn't count out O'Brien. Word is floating around here that he could avoid the massive buyout in his contract if a clause about the NCAA sanctions is interpreted a certain way or something. I'll try to find an article because that explanation was terrible.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this would happen without a playoff berth. I think Emery is going to aim for someone who's open to a 3-4 defense. I got called a conspiracy theorist for it last offseason, but I really think he drafted McClellin just in case he had a good excuse to bring in his own guy as head coach. He's going to be playing OLB next year.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I thought this would happen without a playoff berth. I think Emery is going to aim for someone who's open to a 3-4 defense. I got called a conspiracy theorist for it last offseason, but I really think he drafted McClellin just in case he had a good excuse to bring in his own guy as head coach. He's going to be playing OLB next year.
I think Peppers has already stated he didn't want to be a 3-4 OLB. But with Shea and Peppers as the OLB and Melton and Paea as the DEnd we are only missing the most important piece in Nose Tackle.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I think Peppers has already stated he didn't want to be a 3-4 OLB.
He's welcome to give the money back and try again in the free market.

My concern with the 3-4 is that it's overdone now. The demand for 3-4 athletes far outpaces the supply. You want to be ahead of the trend, not behind.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I think Peppers has already stated he didn't want to be a 3-4 OLB. But with Shea and Peppers as the OLB and Melton and Paea as the DEnd we are only missing the most important piece in Nose Tackle.
Peppers said he wanted to play in a 3-4.

I don't really care for this firing. I still feel we're a championship contender. I think it's more likely that we take a step back then take a step forward.

If we run a 1 gap we could have Paea play the nose. Melton and Wootton/Idonije at 5 techs. The problem is we need a lot of depth there.

Last edited by regoob2 : 12-31-2012 at 02:49 PM.
regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Keith Armstrong interviewing for the job according to Michael C Wright. https://twitter.com/mikecwright/stat...44802950537217

Old 12-31-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Armstrong was with the Bears the first time Emery was. Don't like it.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's black. Gotta follow the Rooney Rule.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
He's black. Gotta follow the Rooney Rule.
I really hope some interviews a black janitor or homeless person just to make a mockery of this stupid rule.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I really hope some interviews a black janitor or homeless person just to make a mockery of this stupid rule.
Meh...I wish there was a better way to go about doing it, but the rule has had its intended effect of getting black coaches' names out there. Guys like Lovie Smith, Mike Tomlin, and Leslie Frazier have undoubtedly benefited from the rule.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears received permission to interview Bucs OC Mike Sullivan.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:42 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Seems like we want an offensive minded guy with McCoy and Sullivan as top candidates. That'll be a first for my lifetime at least.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Peppers said he wanted to play in a 3-4.

I don't really care for this firing. I still feel we're a championship contender. I think it's more likely that we take a step back then take a step forward.

If we run a 1 gap we could have Paea play the nose. Melton and Wootton/Idonije at 5 techs. The problem is we need a lot of depth there.
Do you think Peppers still has the speed to play OLB in a 3-4? I actually think at around 290, he wouldn't be bad staying at DE in a 3-4/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I listened to Embry's press conference. He said some stuff that made him sound intelligent, and some stuff that made him sound like a mouthbreather who calls into AM 670.

I liked that he explained how any new coach who wanted a 3-4 would have to convince him that we have the personnel to pull it off...because we really don't. On the other hand, that makes me continue to question the McClellin pick.

I liked that he hated on Kellen Davis and Mike Tice, even if he didn't mention Tice by name when doing it. Glad to know he can recognize how bad those two were. He mentioned that we weren't going after the middle of the field the way we need to in order to open other things up. He was probably talking about how Tice didn't use Forte in the passing game as much as we have in the past.

I HATED that he cherrypicked advanced stats and classic stats. He talked about how Jonathan Scott gave up no sacks, ignoring that he gave up a pile of disruptions. He switched over to QB disruptions for Carimi, but used it wrong. He equated Carimi's pass pro with that of someone who had a similar overall number of QB disruptions while playing a crapload more passing snaps. He even said that the other guy played way more passing snaps, but that it didn't matter because the bottom line was total disruptions. That was a huge facepalm moment. That's kind of like saying Matt Stafford was more accurate than Peyton Manning this year because he completed more passes.

edit: Should also point out that he spoke for almost an hour with a lot of detail and even explained how he thought things out. Pretty nice when compared to Jerry Angelo's smug smirk and meaningless answers.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-01-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Bears get permission to interview Joe DeCamillis, 'Boys ST coordinator. Emery did talk about getting someone who exerted energy.

EDIT: Turns out they both worked together in ATL for 3 years. This imbecile better not be interviewing just his friends.

Last edited by Docta : 01-01-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Meh...I wish there was a better way to go about doing it, but the rule has had its intended effect of getting black coaches' names out there. Guys like Lovie Smith, Mike Tomlin, and Leslie Frazier have undoubtedly benefited from the rule.
But why no rule for other races? Why isn't there a rule for white coaches?

Old 01-01-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Do you think Peppers still has the speed to play OLB in a 3-4? I actually think at around 290, he wouldn't be bad staying at DE in a 3-4/
Ya I do. He's still a great athlete.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Why isn't there a rule for white coaches?
Ugh...seriously? Because 99% of head coaches are already white. I can tell this conversation will go nowhere, so I'll nip it in the bud right now.