End of Regular Season Mock
|Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts
12-31-2012, 03:06 PM
Join Date: Oct 2011
End of Regular Season Mock
This USC vs Georgia Tech bowl game is boring me so I'm going to do a mock real quick. As always comments appreciated and try to keep them based on fact and not opinion (such as 'X player isn't a scheme fit because of his size' instead of 'I like Y player more than X player, give my team Y').
A) OAK 1st for ARI 1st and 3rd
1. KC - Geno Smith - QB - West Virginia
There will likely be a lot of movement in the QB rankings and someone will likely break away from the pack, but right now Geno is the #1 QB in a lack luster QB class at the top anyway.
2. JAC - Star Lotuleilei - DT - Utah
Jacksonville should probably try to shop this pick around, and if anyone offers anything for it they should take it. I felt that trading up for Blackmon last year was a horrible move considering how many needs they have they can't afford to give up picks. If they stick with #2 though they should take a blue chip prospect like Lotuleilei or Joeckel.
3. ARI (from OAK, see proj. trade A) - Luke Joeckel - OT - Texas A&M
I think it's a close call between Arizona standing pat at 7 and taking a QB or moving up and taking Joeckel and taking a QB in the 2nd. This trade would benefit both teams as Oakland doesn't have an immediate need at LT, but does have many needs due to a lack of draft picks in recent years.
4. PHI - Dee Milliner - CB - Alabama
The writing is on the wall for Asomugha and DRC in Philly. With a new regime coming in those two will likely not be back. Milliner would come in and likely start immediately with Brandon Boykin.
5. DET - Bjoern Werner - DE - Florida State
Jarvis Jones' health concerns may be a red flag for the Lions who have had bad luck with prospects with injury concerns coming out (Best, Leshoure, Broyles, etc.) so they should go with the safer bet in Werner.
6. CLE - Jarvis Jones - OLB/DE - Georgia
I'd expect Jones to play a role similar to Von Miller in a 4-3 scheme where he stands up at the will position on early downs and lines up with his hand in the dirt in nickel formations. Pass rush is a definite need for the Browns and he could come in and make an impact right away.
7. OAK (from ARI) - Manti Te'o - LB - Notre Dame
I expect that Rolando McClain will be cut in the off-season, I'd be shocked if he is on the Raiders in 2013 based on what transpired with him recently.
8. BUF - Tyler Wilson - QB - Arkansas
Hard to say what direction the Bills go here since they currently have no HC. I would imagine that Fitzpatrick will likely still be parted with though, so hard to project the Bills doing something other than drafting a QB in the 1st.
9. NYJ - Damontre Moore - OLB - Texas A&M
Please be there! I've been big on this guy since last year and as a Jets fan I would love being able to stand pat at the 9th pick and grab this guy. Exactly the kind of versatile and explosive pass rusher the team needs.
10. TEN - Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama
This seems high for a guard, but considering this draft class isn't exactly top heavy, I wouldn't rule it out.
11. SD - Barkevious Mingo - OLB - LSU
Another tough pick to project as the Chargers have no GM or HC right now. Shaun Phillips is in his contract year so another pass rusher would be a need. Mingo and Jordan both strike me as similar in that they are more athletic than productive in games, so whoever performs better at the combine between Mingo and Jordan will likely get taken first, and I expect that to be Mingo.
12. MIA - Keenan Allen - WR - California
No change here. Biggest need, best WR in the class. Been projecting this since my first mock of the season.
13. TB - Johnthan Banks - CB - Mississippi State
May be a slight reach here but its above and beyond the biggest need for the Bucs, so if it is still a reach in April maybe they trade back and take a corner later.
14. CAR - Johnathan Hankins - DT - Ohio State
Good value and fills a big need.
15. NO - Sheldon Richardson - DT - Missouri
The defense needs an overhaul so the Saints should just take the best defensive player available.
16. STL - Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M
I'm putting Matthews ahead of Lewan here just based on what I've been reading recently, that Matthews may end up being a better LT at the next level than even Joeckel. Hearing lots of good things about this guy.
17. PIT - John Jenkins - NT - Georgia
Hampton has likely played his last snap as a Steeler, and Ta'amu sounds like he's been a bust thus far.
18. DAL - Dion Jordan - OLB - Oregon
While I'm still not sold on this guy, there is no doubting that he has the size and athleticism to succeed at the next level. He could also be an enormous bust if he isn't coached properly though. With Anthony Spencer due to hit FA this would fill the void at the Sam backer position.
19. NYG - Ezekiel Ansah - DE - BYU
Sounding like not only Osi but also Tuck may not be back with the G-Men next year, so DE would become the biggest need by far and Ansah seems to be skyrocketing up boards.
20. CHI - Taylor Lewan - OT - Michigan
Solid value and fills a big need for the Bears.
21. STL (from WAS) - Eric Reid - FS - LSU
22. MIN - Terrance Williams - WR - Baylor
23. IND - Jonathan Cooper - OG - North Carolina
24. HOU - Matt Elam - SS - Florida
25. CIN - Sam Montgomery - DE - LSU
26. BAL - Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia
27. SEA - Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
28. SF - Justin Hunter - WR - Tennessee
29. NE - Barrett Jones - G/C - Alabama
30. ATL - Jesse Williams - DT - Alabama
31. GB - Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan
32. DEN - Zach Ertz - TE - Stanford
33. JAC - Matt Barkley - QB - USC
34. KC - Robert Woods - WR - USC
35. PHI - Shariff Floyd - DT - Florida
36. DET - Xavier Rhodes - CB - Florida State
37. CIN (from OAK) - Khaseem Greene - LB - Rutgers
38. ARI - Mike Glennon - QB - NC State
39. CLE - Forfeited
40. NYJ - Aaron Murray - QB - Georgia
41. TEN - Alex Okafor - DE - Texas
42. BUF - Cordarelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee
43. MIA - Jordan Poyer - CB - Oregon State
44. TB - Kawann Short - DT - Purdue
45. CAR - DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Clemson
46. NO - Forfeited
47. SD - Lane Johnson - OT - Oklahoma
48. STL - Da'Rick Rogers - WR - Tennessee Tech
49. DAL - Tyler Bray - QB - Tennessee
50. PIT - Desmond Trufant - CB - Washington
51. NYG - Oday Aboushi - OT - Virginia
52. CHI - Kevin Minter - LB - LSU
53. MIN - Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse
54. WAS - Logan Ryan - CB - Rutgers
55. MIA (from IND) - D.J. Fluker - OT - Alabama
56. HOU - Dallas Thomas - G/T - Tennessee
57. BAL - Alex Ogletree - LB - Georgia
58. CIN - Giovani Bernard - RB - North Carolina
59. SEA - Larry Warford - OG - Kentucky
60. SF - Kenny Vaccaro - FS - Texas
61. NE - John Simon - DE - Ohio State
62. ATL - Jordan Reed - TE - Florida
63. GB - Andre Ellington - RB - Clemson
64. DEN - Phillip Thomas - FS - Fresno State
Last edited by Robcards : 12-31-2012 at 04:55 PM.
01-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Originally Posted by Minijosh
Not a fan of either Niner pick. I see no way they take another 1st rd WR while they continue to develop Jenkins.
Crabtree - Gold
Moss - FA
Manningham - 1 more year + horrid knee injury
Williams - Iffy coming off an ACL.
Ginn - 2 targets all season
Jenkins - 1 target.
Scenarios exist where WR is easily the weakest position on the team.
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 AM.