Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Steve McClendon can be a quality starter, but the team loves Hampton too much to let McClendon play.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What kind of comp pick do you think they'll get for William *** ?

hoping at least a 4th rounder
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like a seventh rounder since we signed Leonard Pope.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn lose somebody that's a starter on another team, sign some bum and only get a 7th rounder ... lol what was the point of the Pope signing then? surely the teams knows about comp picks ...

I was reading how teams like Baltimore and others would lose like 9 people, only sign like 3 ... then use draft picks to trade up or trade for other players, because they knew they were going to be getting a certain amount of comp picks, and an idea where they would be at, so they were comfortable trading away draft picks knowing they would get them back...

Colbert needs to smarten up and work the system
Old 12-19-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

1) Barkevious Mingo OLB LSU
2) TJ McDonald S USC
3) DJ Swearinger S South Carolina
4) Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State
5) Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
6) Mike Mauti LB Penn State
7a) Anthony Rashad White NT Michigan State
7b) Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
Old 12-20-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Watching this BYU game and both Ezekiel Ansah and Kyle Van Noy are standing out even though it's early ... wouldn't mind having both of these guys
Old 12-21-2012, 07:55 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey dudes. I just wanted to swing by and say I understand why so many of you were happy to be rid of Bruce Arians. Dude is going to get Luck killed. He seems like a great motivator and has some good ideas but his inflexibly vertical offense pisses me off.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poo poo! I has a mega sad!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Here is a run down of players who should and should not be on the football team next season:

QB:

Ben Roethlisberger- He's our QB. Of course

Byron Leftwich- Always hurt. No

Charlie Batch- No

RB:

Rashard Mendenhall- Think he got a pretty crappy deal this year. I'd like him back, but I would imagine the coaches and Mendenhall don't want that. I'll say yes.

Isaac Redman- I'm not a fan, but the coaches love him for some reason. I'd say no.

Jonathan Dwyer- Not the work horse we all envisioned, but a good back to have. Yes.

Chris Rainey- WE NEED TO GET HIM THE BALL!! Yes.

Baron Batch- A nice guy, but his skillset is limited and I think the team could get better here.

Will Johnson- What a find for the front office. Yes.

WR:

Mike Wallace- Yes. Dude is a game changer despite his struggles this year. I wouldn't overpay for him, but I'd like him back.

Antonio Brown- Yes despite his down season. I think he develops nicely.

Emmanuel Sanders- Yes.

Plaxico Burress- No, but only because I believe the team will go younger.

Jerricho Cotchery- Personally, I wish the team got him involved more, but has not been healthy in his time in Pittsburgh. With that, I hope he stays, but can see if the Steelers get rid of him.

David Gilreath(PS)- Don't think he's much of a receiver but he can return kicks. I say no.

Derek Moye(PS)- He's tall, but rail skinny. I'd give him a shot in training camp, but I don't think he makes it. I'll say no for now.

TE:

Heath Miller- Our best pass catcher. Yes.

David Paulson- Has been developing nicely. I'll say yes.

Leonard Pope- No.

OL:

Mike Adams- Our best run blocker. I like him at RT. Yes.

Maurkice Pouncey- Yes.

Willie Colon- His contract will say yes, but three straight years on the IR is no good.

Ramon Foster- Yes. I hope we resign him.

David Decastro- Yes. He's going to be a stud.

Marcus Gilbert- Yes. I believe he is the LT next season.

Max Starks- Love the dude. I hope we resign him. So I say yes.

Doug Legursky- No. Don't like him. I think the team could find a better replacement for him.

Kelvin Beachem- Surprised a lot of people this year when flushed into the lineup. I say yes because I believe he has great versatility

John Malecki- Just a guy. No.

Justin Cheadle(PS)- Don't know who he is. No.

Joe Long(PS)- Don't know who he is. No.

DL:

Cameron Heyward- Should be starting. I believe in his potential. Yes.

Ziggy Hood- God awful as a 34 DE. No.

Brett Keisel- Yes. Started slow, but came on strong towards the end of the year.

Al Woods- Just a guy, but I can see him coming back for cheap. I'll say no for now because I think they can get a better back up.

Casey Hampton- His days are over. No.

Steve McClendon- YES!!! He's always making plays in the handful of snaps he gets.

Alameda Ta'Amu(PS)- Yes only because I loved him coming out. Legal situation will alter this or not.

LB:

James Harrison- No. His days are numbered and not the same player.

LaMarr Woodley- Yes. The coaches need to tell him to get in shape. His hamstrings are horrid and I think it's because he's too fat.

Lawrence Timmons- Yes. He's our best LB.

Larry Foote- Played extremely well. I'll say no for now depending on the draft.

Sean Spence- Injury killed him, but I think he'll bounce back and come out strong. Yes.

Jason Worilds- Yes. He improved big time this year.

Chris Carter- Still raw, but gets hurt a lot. I'll say yes, but his arrow is pointing down.

Stevenson Sylvester- Yes because he's a nice ST player and I still believe he can turn into something.

Adrian Robinson- Yes. If he can develop run stopping and coverage, I believe he's going to be a beast. He pass rushes the hell out of the QB.

Brandon Johnson- No.

Marshall McFadden(PS)- Just a guy, so I'll say no.

CB:

Ike Taylor- Yes. Secondary showed they needed him.

Keenan Lewis- YES. Was money this year. Hopefully the Steelers can keep him.

Cortez Allen- Yes. He's going to be a stud.

Curtis Brown- Eh, I had high hopes for him coming into the season, but he disappointed in his opportunity. I'll chalk that up as rookie mistakes. I'll say yes, but like Carter, his arrow is pointing down.

Josh Victorian- No.

Demarcus Van Dyke- Yes only because I love the height/speed package he brings. I hope Lake can mold him like he molded Lewis.

Justin King- Loved him at PSU, but I'll say no.

Isiah Green(PS)- Who? No.

S:

Ryan Clark- Yes. Was our most consistent defender this season. It'd be a huge blow if he were to leave.

Troy Polamalu- I'll say yes for one more season. He is not the player he once was and I can see him either retiring or getting cut after the season.

Will Allen- Played well when his number was called, but the team needs to get younger and better. I'll say no.

Ryan Mundy- It hurts me to say this, but no.

Robert Golden- Love his potential, so I'll say yes.

Damon Cromartie-Smith(PS)- Always floating around, but I'll say no.

K:

Shaun Suisham- Was money this year. I'll say yes.

P:

Drew Butler- Was inconsistent in his rookie season. I bet they bring in competition, but I'll say yes.

LS:

Greg Warren- Always interchangeable and cheap. I'll say no.

So that leaves the team going into the draft/free agency as this if I were running the team:

QB: Big Ben
RB: Rashard Mendenhall/Jonathan Dwyer/Chris Rainey
FB: Will Johnson
WR: Mike Wallace/Antonio Brown/Emmanuel Sanders/Jerricho Cotchery
TE: Heath Miller/David Paulson
OL: Marcus Gilbert/Ramon Foster/Maurkice Pouncey/David Decastro/Mike Adams/Max Starks/Kelvin Beachem

DL: Cameron Heyward/Brett Keisel/Steve McClendon/Alameda Ta'amu
LB: Lawrence Timmons/LaMarr Woodley/Jason Worilds/Chris Carter/Adrian Robinson/Sean Spence/Sylvester Stevenson
CB: Ike Taylor/Cortez Allen/Keenan Lewis/Curtis Brown/DeMarcus Van Dyke
S: Ryan Clark/Troy Polamalu/Robert Golden

K: Shaun Suisham
P: Drew Butler
LS:
Old 12-25-2012, 05:01 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft the best pass rusher on the board.....only thing that makes sense to me

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Draft the best pass rusher on the board.....only thing that makes sense to me
No way don't over draft somebody ... the LSU DE's and Dion Jordan are over rated I think ... I don't want nothing to do with them
Old 12-26-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Hey dudes. I just wanted to swing by and say I understand why so many of you were happy to be rid of Bruce Arians. Dude is going to get Luck killed. He seems like a great motivator and has some good ideas but his inflexibly vertical offense pisses me off.
Yep...running 15 to twenty yard routes when its 3rd and 8

Mike Tirico

Old 12-26-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
1) Barkevious Mingo OLB LSU
2) TJ McDonald S USC
3) DJ Swearinger S South Carolina
4) Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State
5) Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
6) Mike Mauti LB Penn State
7a) Anthony Rashad White NT Michigan State
7b) Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
Very nice job, not sure I would double up on the Safeties, and taking two guys with major knee issues could be a problem, but i do love the Mcdonald, Mingo and Wheaton picks.

Mike Tirico

Old 12-26-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

can't believe we're talking draft already...

I believe we could draft as high as 11-12 overall, or as low as 17. doubt we get a chance at Teo, but that'd be hard to bypass (even though I'm a believer in Sean Spence).

wonder if LeBeau will give it another go. Butler's been waiting awhile.

any chance this is the year we make the move to a 4-3? a lot of the personnel seems better suited for it:

Timmons would be a natural 4-3 OLB
big hole in the middle if we don't get Teo - any serious thought to it would pretty much be predicated on getting him in the draft
Spence could play weakside OLB in a 4-3.

Ziggy and Cam and McClendon and Ta'amu could be the DTs. All four might be better suited to a 4-man front...

Woodley moves to DE and the weight is no longer an issue

we draft another DE to rotate with Keisel, who's not a good fit I admit.

on offense, I don't like saying it, but we really need to bite the bullet and re-sign Wallace. too many other holes to fill, and our WR crew becomes very, very ordinary without him. with another year together, we might finally see the OL develop into a strong unit, and we should be able to find a way to fix the RB situation through FA or the draft (though it is a weak class). re-sign wallace, and you can almost fixate on the D in April, which is needed despite the '#1' ranking.

my overall order of priority at this early stage:
1.) pass rush
2.) young safety
3.) NT
4.) RB
lance uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think we will change to 43 ever. We already have great pieces in place.

We need a nose tackle
Old 12-29-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Steelers claimed Hebron Fangupo off waivers today. That is interested because they also promoted Ta'amu from the PS. I wonder if that means Hampton will not play tomorrow to see if they have anything in the two rooks.

I don't think it will happen, but I'd love to see Robert Golden start at FS and Adrian Robinson start at OLB and see if we have anything with those kids. That way we can decide whether or not those positions are huge needs.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

I would go Chance Womback in the 1st and Kyle Van Noy in the 2nd ... my only fear is that Van Noy won't make it to the second
Old 12-30-2012, 05:05 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I think Ramon Foster, if signed, would be more than a nice starter along our OL.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Foster would be a great backup , but nothing more than an OK starter ...

LT - Gilbert
LG - Warmack
C - Pouncey
RG - DeCastro
RT - Adams

now that's a dominate line for years to come ... at least on paper , with Foster backing up the Guard and Legs backing up Center Beachum backin up RT and or Guard... just need a back up LT

Last edited by Cbrunn : 12-30-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adams has played it. He could probably get coached up enough to swing over there in a pinch.

Can't afford to not account for Gilbert getting hurt. Even when he plays he misses time in a lot of games.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I think our biggest needs are S, MLB, OLB, RB, WR, DE, back up QB, OL, P.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Mock draft. I'm giving another 7th rounder due to Willie Gai. Might be higher or none at all. Just speculating.

1) Kenny Vacarro S Texas
2) Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers
3) Tank Carradine OLB Florida State
4) Ray Graham RB Pittsburgh
5) Marquess Wilson WR Washington State
6) Kwame Geathers DE Georgia
7a) Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio State
7b) Chris Jacobson OL Pittsburgh
Old 12-30-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

I really like Kyle Van Noy ... hope to see him drafted if he declares ...

Kyle Van Noy
Bacarri Rambo
Duke Williams
Gerald Hodges
Shamarko Thomas (I'm a Syracuse fan)

just some of my favorite players so far
Old 01-01-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Norv Turner got fired. I know we just got Haley, but I'd swap him for Turner. He's the guy I wanted last year.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, we're picking 17th overall. Would've preferred to have a higher pick, but ih well. Te'o remains my #1 guy.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote