Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who gets your vote for Rookie of the Year right now?
Robert Griffin 55 37.93%
Andrew Luck 56 38.62%
Russell Wilson 34 23.45%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
No Doug Martin?
Who's that?
Old 01-01-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
because again, who needs context when you can just look at box scores and know everything there is to know about a sport? i assume you just "watch" games on the gamecenter thing, so that you don't have to worry about why a play gained 10 yards, just that 10 yards were gained. because that's ALL THAT MATTERS.
LMAO!!!
Classic right there.

So erase all the stats and let's just let you put in your professional expert analysis, since you watched all the games live, and with coach film, and since you evaluates the opponents and their level, and each QB's supporting cast and their performences. And the weather. And the refs calls, etc.

Just erase the stats, ignore em, and go by what you would like the stats to mean.

"Context"... LOL !
Old 01-01-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
This is RG3's signature moment to beat the Vikings in a game where he literally had to do everything himself:

THe LuckHuggers don't count this because it wasn't a pass.
Not as important or impressive unless it was a pass.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...es-broken-ribs

Looked hurt basically the whole year, cant wait to see him next year.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 01-01-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1: Wilson
2: RGIII
3: Luck

Which is funny, because if I ranked them by how much I liked them, it would be the exact opposite. Although I like all three.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
THe LuckHuggers don't count this because it wasn't a pass.
Not as important or impressive unless it was a pass.
Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees send their respective condolences to a lost cause.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
LMAO!!!
Classic right there.

So erase all the stats and let's just let you put in your professional expert analysis, since you watched all the games live, and with coach film, and since you evaluates the opponents and their level, and each QB's supporting cast and their performences. And the weather. And the refs calls, etc.

Just erase the stats, ignore em, and go by what you would like the stats to mean.

"Context"... LOL !
Classic right here.

He never said stats are completely worthless. You are the only one saying that at anytime. Stats should help an argument not be the only important thing. You act like people not picking Griffin means we are directly attacking him and saying he sucks. We all like Griffin, but some disagree who is RoY. Quit being childish with the "Luckhugger" quips too.

LOL !
Old 01-01-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
Classic right here.

He never said stats are completely worthless. You are the only one saying that at anytime. Stats should help an argument not be the only important thing. You act like people not picking Griffin means we are directly attacking him and saying he sucks. We all like Griffin, but some disagree who is RoY. Quit being childish with the "Luckhugger" quips too.

LOL !
Nice brownie point attempt with the HeadMod.... we see what you did there.

I have to admit I didn't invent or trademark the LuckHugger term, but I think it fits to a bunch of people in here.The people who didn't watch a single Colts game in full but are going along with the crowd with the loud.

I guess that's better than being a "ModHugger".

Anyway, so some are saying these stats don't mean much?
I will be clear: I say they mean A LOT. About 80-90% or so of the criteria is summed up in here:

Another thing, and this might just be me, is that it's funny when people say "Well Luck has so many more Ints, and his defenders say "Yeah but that's because they ask him to do more, pass more... you'll get that if you do it more naturally".
OK. Is that valid?

If it is, then it's also interesting to note that despite Griffin and Wilson running much more than Andrew, the 2 QBs RG3 and Wilson have a combined 5 lost fumbles, same as Luck by himself. They ask them to run more, you'd expect (and accept I guess) more fumbles as with Luck and his Ints.

Apples to apples?

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 01-01-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm willing to bet that the majority of the fumbles in that chart are due to standing in the pocket and getting sacked/fumbled, as opposed to scrambling.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
I'm willing to bet that the majority of the fumbles in that chart are due to standing in the pocket and getting sacked/fumbled, as opposed to scrambling.
Actually they are mostly due to botched handoffs
Old 01-01-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the **** is going on

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-01-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

on a side note. A fun show coming on MTV Thursday night called Buck Wild looks prettying entertaining.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xooberon View Post
I posted this in the old thread but now updated through week 17:

Drop % (% of pass att that are dropped): RGIII - 8.9 (1st overall), Luck - 7.8 (joint 3rd overall), Wilson - 6.1

Accuracy % (what completion% would look like when drops, spikes, throw aways etc aren't factored in): RGIII - 79.6 (2nd overall), Wilson - 77.1, Luck - 67.2

YIA% (% of yards that come before the catch): Luck - 62.8 (3rd overall), Wilson - 61.4, RGIII - 53.2

Deep Passing Acc % (completion % (including drops) of balls thrown for 20 yards or more): RGIII - 50.0, Wilson - 48.4, Luck - 42.6 [Important to note that RGIII attempts deep throws about half as much as Wilson and Luck]

Pressure % (% of dropbacks under pressure): Wilson - 39.2 (2nd overall), Luck - 38.1, RGIII - 34.6

Completion % Under Pressure: RGIII - 56.7 (1st overall), Wilson - 45.0, Luck - 39.9

Accuracy % Under Pressure: RGIII - 75.8 (1st overall), Wilson - 66.0, Luck - 54.9

Source: PFF
Updated for week 17.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus J-Mike, are you serious?
Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
because again, who needs context when you can just look at box scores and know everything there is to know about a sport? i assume you just "watch" games on the gamecenter thing, so that you don't have to worry about why a play gained 10 yards, just that 10 yards were gained. because that's ALL THAT MATTERS.

Honestly, context is only good if your objective. Luck can do all the bad stuff and it's ignored or blamed on something else. If you have seriously seen every snap of all 3 of these guys to make a sincere judgement then fine but looking at what people say it's obvious they haven't seen enough of each to make an accurate assessment.

I've now been able to watch almost every snap of Luck and RG3 that's why I don't talk about Wilson. I've just started watching him and haven't gotten enough info to really gauge him.

That said, watching all these QB's has been a treat. They're the future of this league and have been awsome. What I've learned watching them is that the numbers are very accurate to the product on the field. RG3 has looked much better overall as Luck has a lot of 'rookie moments'. Errant passes, staring down recievers forcing throws. RG3 does some of that but not close to what Luck does. Another thing that can't be understated is consistency. RG3 has been veteranesque and Luck has struggled mightily in that department. He does some stuff where ur like wow, then your like Wtf? And it's not his offense asking him to push the ball as he has an outlet reciever on evey play and utilizes it quite well but often times he makes the wrong decision and throws ill advised passes when he does't have to. Mastering taking what the D gives you is an artform that RG3 has mastered and and Luck hasn't And that's a big deal in my eyes. Why do folks think Arod, Manning and Brady have such stellar numbers every year? They take what the D gives them and have learned that pushing the ball down field is a fools errand. Trusting your playmakers is a critical Part of becoming an elite QB. These guys don't force throws very often and that's why they've registerred the type of seasons they have. Don't get me wrong they throw down field but normally they try to methodicalky work their way down the field. Luck has been clutch though but so have the other guys. The 4th quarter clutchness has been good but still you have to take in why he's needed to do that and form a contextual argument as to whats more important being consistent throughout the game enough to keep your team winning or close or being inconsistent for 55 min and pulling it out in the end.

After watching so much tape i'm convinced that RG3 is the clear cut winner here and Wilson seems to be the closest player to him.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
yes, it's completely black and white. i don't think stats should ever be used under any circumstances for any reason.

pathetic. grow up.
You are the one who creates the tone here.

You don't like what the stats show, so you throw out wise-ass cracks or insults.

Yeah, you tell me to grow up.
That's like Rex Ryan telling Leslie Frazier, or Tom Landry, to tone it down.

If you want to do something good here, reset the voting now that the season is in the books.
Let's see what the panel looks like now instead of 4 weeks ago.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's be honest, none of these pussies have anything on MD Jennings. Or Juron McMillon. Whichever one is the rookie.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
What the **** is going on
The SWDC Pro Football forum.....that's what's going on.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:05 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by xooberon View Post
I posted this in the old thread but now updated through week 17:

Drop % (% of pass att that are dropped): RGIII - 8.9 (1st overall), Luck - 7.8 (joint 3rd overall), Wilson - 6.1

Accuracy % (what completion% would look like when drops, spikes, throw aways etc aren't factored in): RGIII - 79.6 (2nd overall), Wilson - 77.1, Luck - 67.2

YIA% (% of yards that come before the catch): Luck - 62.8 (3rd overall), Wilson - 61.4, RGIII - 53.2

Deep Passing Acc % (completion % (including drops) of balls thrown for 20 yards or more): RGIII - 50.0, Wilson - 48.4, Luck - 42.6 [Important to note that RGIII attempts deep throws about half as much as Wilson and Luck]

Pressure % (% of dropbacks under pressure): Wilson - 39.2 (2nd overall), Luck - 38.1, RGIII - 34.6

Completion % Under Pressure: RGIII - 56.7 (1st overall), Wilson - 45.0, Luck - 39.9

Accuracy % Under Pressure: RGIII - 75.8 (1st overall), Wilson - 66.0, Luck - 54.9

Source: PFF

Updated for week 17.
These are the best conxtual stats I've seen and shows why RG3 and Wilson should edge out Luck. To lead the NFL in a bunch of categories once all playing fields are the same is insane.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:35 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

How is it bad? Because it is objective? I'd say taking out the human element is the way to gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
QBR is one of the worst barometers of QB play imaginable. If I can throw my team all the way to the one yard line and the RB punches it in it somehow counts against me? Likewise if JJ Watt is coming full steam ahead at me it benefits my QBR to take a sack rather than throw the football away. QBR points go up but the team goes backwards??? How does that work?

Ben Roethlisberger is a great example of someone who has an over inflated QBR. Seldom does he throw the ball away. He is responsible for so many bad (and good) plays because instead of living to fight another day and throwing it away he extends plays and is often sacked. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning also take less sacks because they are not afraid to throw it away as the worst that can happen is an incompletion.
Big Ben maybe the most underrated QB in the NFL. He's better than Eli IMHO and I don't see his QBR inflated, it looks pretty simlar to what you see from a prouction and Lack of mistakes standpoint...
Old 01-02-2013, 07:44 AM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Basically whomever wins this week between the Skins and Seahawks should and probably will get ROY. As of now Id say its...

1. Griffin/Wilson
2. Morris
3. Luck
Old 01-02-2013, 07:46 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

A few more facts & figures, from our friends at Football Outsiders.
Our holy Mod said stats weren't just black & white, add some context. I guess that's what these number-crunchers do at FO.

Top 5: Rookie Edition

1) Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks: 1,014 DYAR (867 passing DYAR, 147 rushing)
2) Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins: 838 DYAR (729 passing DYAR, 109 rushing)
3) Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts: 379 DYAR (255 passing DYAR, 124 rushing)
4) Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins: 39 DYAR (37 passing DYAR, 2 rushing)
5) Brandon Weeden, Cleveland Browns: -266 DYAR (-290 passing DYAR, 24 rushing)

Wilson surpasses Ryan for the top rookie quarterback season in FO's database and becomes the first freshman at the position to surpass the 1,000 DYAR barrier. (Ryan actually edged over 1,000 DYAR passing, but negative rushing value dropped him below the line.) He also tied Manning's rookie record with 26 touchdown passes, and when you include his four rushing scores, only Cam Newton (21 touchdowns passing, 14 rushing) produced more combined touchdowns in his first year.

Griffin finishes fourth all-time among rookies in our DYAR database behind Wilson, Ryan and Ben Roethlisberger, and Luck is 13th. Luck set a rookie record with 4,374 passing yards, but he completed fewer than 55 percent of his passes and had 18 interceptions, more than Griffin (5) and Wilson (10) combined.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

individual stats are nice, but what about overall team stats. That's where the strongest arguments for Luck are. His team is 11-5 despite a running game and defense that rank in the bottom third of the league. The only area I see the Colts ranking highly is passing offense. Also, Luck is the Colts rushing TD leader and scored almost half their rushing TDs. Honestly, Luck might be as valuable to his team as any player in the league. That's an area where he has a bit of an advantage over the other contenders.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
individual stats are nice, but what about overall team stats. That's where the strongest arguments for Luck are. His team is 11-5 despite a running game and defense that rank in the bottom third of the league. The only area I see the Colts ranking highly is passing offense. Also, Luck is the Colts rushing TD leader and scored almost half their rushing TDs. Honestly, Luck might be as valuable to his team as any player in the league. That's an area where he has a bit of an advantage over the other contenders.
Measuring "value" is tricky in & of itself.
We all know that the QB is almost always the most valuable player on the team.
If they play well, they tend to win.
If they play badly, well look at Arizona and Kansas City.

It's easier to just reward performance and production and not try to take into accout their "worth"... their salary, what might happen if they got hurt, etc... too many variables.
I go by what I saw from them, what they did, their overall production, team wins, and personal stats. All 3, plus the 2 RB's Morris and Martin, all have very worthy numbers.... compare them to Sam Bradford's 2 years ago WTF.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say it's a tossup between Russell Wilson and RGIII. Luck is obviously in the conversation, but in my opinion the turnovers is what keeps him out of it. If the Colts were the only team of the 3 to make the playoffs he would have a better shot, but they weren't. If it was the "Most Valuable Rookie," Luck would have a better shot, but it isn't. In my opinion, this is an award that should be based on a combination of team performance (basically even for the 3) and individual statistics (Luck clearly behind the other two).

I like Luck a lot (say that 10 times, fast), but I think people are trying to find excuses to give him the award because of how good of a career they think he'll have. Losing the Rookie of the Year award doesn't mean Luck wouldn't go #1 again if the draft were re-held today. He's had an amazing rookie season, but unfortunately for him, two other rookie QBs had better seasons.