Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-31-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Yeah I saw that on BBI and posted it. Just want to confirm it. Also curious in general, if media post contract lengths for coordinators? I don't ever recall reading how long Gilbride was signed for.
We generally don't get to see coordinator contracts. I'm sure someone in the media will have that information for us soon. If you use Twitter try asking one of the beat guys if they can find out the status of the coordinators.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We generally don't get to see coordinator contracts. I'm sure someone in the media will have that information for us soon. If you use Twitter try asking one of the beat guys if they can find out the status of the coordinators.
I will check twitter. I am not on it though. I barely use FB, so not really a social media guy. But now with all these firings just curious to see who could come in. I hope fewell is done here.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want another stud along the DL. I want Tuck to be gone, us to keep Osi for one more year and to start Kiwi opposite JPP. Even if Ojomo is a future starter that would still leave room for an Ansah or Carradine to join the rotation.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osi isn't going to sign for one year though.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osi is already signed for next year. His cap hit may be to large though so everyone assumed he would just cut him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-31-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Osi is already signed for next year. His cap hit may be to large though so everyone assumed he would just cut him.
I think this is incorrect. I'm pretty sure he's a free agent.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Osi isn't going to sign for one year though.
If not then not. I'd offer him one year at a high salary or 3 at something more befitting a situational pass rusher, if he's not happy with either offer let him walk. JPP, Kiwi, Rookie and Ojomo wouldn't be the worst way to enter the season.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 12-31-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you sure? Either way, he will likely be gone if that's the case.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a voidable year I heard. So if voided, he played his last game for us.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yes he's signed for next year but it's only for a $1 million. No way he plays for that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-31-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Voidable means the team voids it right, not the player?
Old 12-31-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I will miss Osi, despite all the antics (which were overplayed in my opinion).

It's a sad day. We really need some roster turnover though.

Also, I'm not one to question Eli, but I have become a little concerned with him this season. Mainly because of his deep ball. Was it just me or does it seem like EVERY ball he throws deep results in the wide receiver having to stop his route, turn around and make a jump ball catch with the DB there? It just seemed like the arm strength wasn't there this year. Maybe that's a result of the arm tiredness.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

More of a reason to add short dink and dunks to this system. Try not to make a lot of the concepts 5 and 7 step drops and the routes associated with it. I liked some elements of the dink and dunk that Big Ben ran in Haley's new system.

I liked yesterday's passing concepts to our RB and FB. More of those would be great! OL has to block for a less time, and you get rid of the ball quicker.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea Eli looked like his arm was dead this year, didn't hit guys in stride on the deep routes as well as he did last year and like you said a lot of the time they had to stop. I trust him to step up next year though. Still can't believe our season is over, this year flew by.

Also, Lovie Smith was fired, potential DC? I know me and BBD would love that.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Garafolo says Fewell's contract is not up so crap.

Jets and Panthers will interview Marc Ross for vacant GM opening.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-31-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Lovie Smith's firing, he jumps to the top of my DC wish list.

NYG is a good landing spot for him, his defensive style was only played in Minnesota and here.

He does have the option here of being groomed as Coughlin's successor.

I'd be ok keeping Fewell as DB coach (which he held under Smith in St Louis in 2003)
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
If not then not. I'd offer him one year at a high salary or 3 at something more befitting a situational pass rusher, if he's not happy with either offer let him walk. JPP, Kiwi, Rookie and Ojomo wouldn't be the worst way to enter the season.
I wouldn't mind bringing in Martellus' little brother Michael into the mix if Tuck and Osi depart. At the very least he can compete with Kiwi for the start opposite JPP and we could have three vet DEs whilst our rookie (and maybe Trattou/Tracy/Ojomo) develops.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Bjoern Werner would look really good on the Giants DLine next year.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

My biggest concern with Lovie is that if he did become our DC I think he would be Coughlin's heir. And as a Chicago resident, that scares the **** out of me.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-01-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Rotoworld has Osi listed as an UFA

here is what they have on Osi's contract

6/1/2012: Signed a one-year, $6 million contract. The deal included a $2 million signing bonus. Another $500,000 is available through sack-based incentives. 2012: $2.5 million (+ $250,000 reporting bonus + $500,000 roster bonus + $750,000 in per-game roster bonuses), 2013: Free Agent
Old 01-01-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Check Spotrac.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-02-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The home/away games of our 2013 schedule have been released:

HOME

Washington Redskins (10-6)
Dallas Cowboys (8-8)
Philadelphia Eagles (4-12)
Denver Broncos (13-3)
Oakland Raiders (4-12)
Green Bay Packers (11-5)
Minnesota Vikings (10-6)
Seattle Seahawks (11-5)

AWAY

Redskins
Cowboys
Eagles
Kansas City Chiefs (2-14)
San Diego (7-9)
Chicago Bears (10-6)
Detroit Lions (4-12)
Carolina Panthers (7-9)

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Garafolo says Fewell's contract is not up so crap.

Jets and Panthers will interview Marc Ross for vacant GM opening.
NOooooooooooooo!!!! Coughlin's presser he gave a weak declaration that fewell was his coach. I didn't expect a classy guy like TC to throw him under the bus.

Rolle on the WFAN has a big your tongue moment and took the classy, high route when Evan asked him about Fewell.

I feel like we stick with this guy, but I would HATE to see Fewell come back.

31st

ranked defense in the regular season. I am tired of that. I thank him for the SB run, it saved his job, but I want a change. I hate his defensive philosophy.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Official Giants FA list. I guess we already voided Osi's 2nd year.

C Jim Cordle ERFA
CB Brian Witherspoon UFA
CB Bruce Johnson UFA
CB Justin Tryon UFA
DE Justin Trattou ERFA
DE Osi Umenyiora UFA
DT Rocky Bernard UFA
DT Shaun Rogers UFA
S Stevie Brown RFA
LB Adrian Tracy ERFA
LB Chase Blackburn UFA
LB Keith Rivers UFA
G Kevin Boothe UFA
T Sean Locklear UFA
T Will Beatty UFA
PK Lawrence Tynes UFA
QB David Carr UFA
RB Andre Brown RFA
RB Kregg Lumpkin UFA
RB Ryan Torain RFA
S Kenny Phillips UFA
TE Bear Pascoe RFA
TE Martellus Bennett UFA
TE Travis Beckum UFA
WR Domenik Hixon UFA
WR Ramses Barden UFA
WR Victor Cruz RFA

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-02-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Official Giants FA list. I guess we already voided Osi's 2nd year.

C Jim Cordle ERFA
CB Brian Witherspoon UFA
CB Bruce Johnson UFA
CB Justin Tryon UFA
DE Justin Trattou ERFA
DE Osi Umenyiora UFA
DT Rocky Bernard UFA
DT Shaun Rogers UFA
S Stevie Brown RFA
LB Adrian Tracy ERFA
LB Chase Blackburn UFA
LB Keith Rivers UFA
G Kevin Boothe UFA
T Sean Locklear UFA
T Will Beatty UFA
PK Lawrence Tynes UFA
QB David Carr UFA
RB Andre Brown RFA
RB Kregg Lumpkin UFA
RB Ryan Torain RFA
S Kenny Phillips UFA
TE Bear Pascoe RFA
TE Martellus Bennett UFA
TE Travis Beckum UFA
WR Domenik Hixon UFA
WR Ramses Barden UFA
WR Victor Cruz RFA
Green for the players we absolutely should get to sign new contracts. Orange for the players I'd only sign for the right amount of money. The whites are either people I want gone, or in Osi's case, people I suspect want to leave.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Last edited by BigBlueNorwegian : 01-02-2013 at 02:53 PM.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote