Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually have no worries about Poe. He had a pretty good year especially from mid-season and on. That said the rest of the DL is indeed a mess.

The OL got the injury bug and had guys moving around all season. There were only a few games when the starters got to play together.

I really don't think Albert is going anywhere. My bigger fear is losing Bowe which is a real possibility.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson has been solid. The issue is his contract. Dorsey just didn't fit. Poe was really good for a rookie NT. He started out of the gate. No one does that. Not Hampton, not Wilfork.

For the rest of the line, Pitoitua was good and Bailey just wasn't used much this year. If they go to a different front, they'll be fine with room for improvement. As is, they would need to bring Jackson back and bring in serious competition. Richard Seymour would be interesting.

Last edited by nepg : 01-03-2013 at 10:25 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Twitter

Quote:
Mortensen and Schefter reporting the Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid. One source " the major issues have been discussed and agreed upon."
there is a going to be a story on ESPN.com to I'll look for the link

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...chiefs-sources

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 01-03-2013 at 10:36 AM. Reason: added link
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay stay away from the NFC West!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least he's got his pick of QB's. While this class may not be that exciting, I trust Reid to get his 1st pick on who he wants and make him turn out ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some prelim coaching staff leaks: Juan Castillio as OL coach, Pat Shurmur as OC, Brad Childress as QB coach.

Someone more familiar with Castillio: what kind of OL does he typically run?

My biggest concern is the DC position. That's what I'm worried about atm.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 01-03-2013 at 11:03 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Some prelim coaching staff leaks: Juan Castillio as OL coach, Pat Shurmur as OC, Brad Childress as QB coach.

At worst you can make him the defensive coordinator again because he'll know what the O-line is thinking! No? Oh well....

But it's not surprising Reid wants to bring him along, at least he'll be on the side of the ball he needs to be on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Castillo ran some zone read in the past with Westbrook and Shady, that would be huge for Jamaal Charles if they can establish edge running and strong backside lanes for cutbacks.

Im sure Childress will also employ a good amount of screens to get McCluster and Charles out in space.

You have the right offensive coaches in place to maximize your personel, especially if QB gets squared away.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Castillo ran some zone read in the past with Westbrook and Shady, that would be huge for Jamaal Charles if they can establish edge running and strong backside lanes for cutbacks.

Im sure Childress will also employ a good amount of screens to get McCluster and Charles out in space.

You have the right offensive coaches in place to maximize your personel, especially if QB gets squared away.
Nice, that's what I wanted to hear.

Now for DC. I don't want to switch to the 4-3. I want to stick to the 3-4 but 1-gap instead of 2-gapping under RAC. We have the personnel to run the 3-4 well (with proper coaching) but I'm really worried about the defense if we switch.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW I am so happy right now!!! let's finish this thing and make it official
Old 01-03-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw if/when this is finalized it's alo the end of Pioli cause I bet Reid's bringing Heckert with him
Old 01-03-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Jackson has been solid. The issue is his contract. Dorsey just didn't fit. Poe was really good for a rookie NT. He started out of the gate. No one does that. Not Hampton, not Wilfork.

For the rest of the line, Pitoitua was good and Bailey just wasn't used much this year. If they go to a different front, they'll be fine with room for improvement. As is, they would need to bring Jackson back and bring in serious competition. Richard Seymour would be interesting.
If they move to a 4-3, I can see Dorsey thriving as a DT, which is what was intended way back when he was drafted in 2008. Dorsey was never going to blow the world away as a 3-4 DE, but as a 4-3 DT, he may finally hit that potential we all saw in him as a draft prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

What is the word on Dwayne Bowe? Is he going to resign or is it a complete reset at WR also?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
What is the word on Dwayne Bowe? Is he going to resign or is it a complete reset at WR also?
He has said multiple times that he wants to stay in KC, but I know he wants to get paid too. I guess it all depends on the new staff. In the end I believe Bowe and Albert are both re-signed, but I don't know for sure.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He has said multiple times that he wants to stay in KC, but I know he wants to get paid too. I guess it all depends on the new staff. In the end I believe Bowe and Albert are both re-signed, but I don't know for sure.
getting rid of Pioli should be a major help in trying to re-sign both
Old 01-03-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
At least he's got his pick of QB's. While this class may not be that exciting, I trust Reid to get his 1st pick on who he wants and make him turn out ok.
Oh lord not Pat Shurmur, RUN!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Charles will be under utilized since Reid loves throwing the ball.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
That is a bit of a misconception.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Charles only averages about 18 carries a game as it is, I don't see it dipping any lower under Reid. I think Charles's efficiency will be even better and will be top three in YPC imo, not to mention his production in pass recieving should really go up. I'm thinking 1400 yards 5.9 avg 520 yards recieving 14 total TD's, McCluster will get some serious burn too.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Have you seen LeSean McCoy play? He had 273 carries last year (which Charles eclipsed this year, but it was the first time and he had some HUGE games). Holy crap, I'd be giddy about Charles in this offense. Perfect fit for him.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be in any rush to hire Andy Reid. He is a fine regular season HC but his playoff record left a lot to be desired. He had a run where the Eagles were clearly the best team in the NFL Conference but only got to the Super Bowl, 1 time.
I guess if your a hungrey enough fan on a losing team, his record would offer a lot more than what you have now, but if you examine it carefully, you have to wonder.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Have you seen LeSean McCoy play? Holy crap, I'd be giddy about Charles in this offense. Perfect fit for him.
Great observation, Reid definitely loves smaller, faster RB's and uses them with great success.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I wouldn't be in any rush to hire Andy Reid. He is a fine regular season HC but his playoff record left a lot to be desired. He had a run where the Eagles were clearly the best team in the NFL Conference but only got to the Super Bowl, 1 time.
I guess if your a hungrey enough fan on a losing team, his record would offer a lot more than what you have now, but if you examine it carefully, you have to wonder.
The Chiefs have only made the playoffs three times in the last 15 years. They need to get to the playoffs before they worry about getting to the Super Bowl.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gt-*************-damn. I don't want him in the AFC West -_-

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm over it. he'll probably trade for kolb and then draft landry jones in the 3rd.
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.