Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
The Chiefs have only made the playoffs three times in the last 15 years. They need to get to the playoffs before they worry about getting to the Super Bowl.
Maybe, but if I'm building a team, I want both and I'm not sure Reid offers that.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm over it. he'll probably trade for kolb and then draft landry jones in the 3rd.
Say what you want about Reid but he is obviously a genius when it comes to getting the most out of QB's. Let's see how Foles plays next year without him.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why Andy gets such a bad rap, he was a career 130-93-1 in one of the most competitive divisions in football, 10-9 in the playoffs and made it to the Superbowl only to barely loose to the juggernaut known as the New England Patriots. Only ten teams have one a ring since Andy started with the eagles 14 years ago, so the other 2/3 of the leagues coaches can't win either.

He is the right fit for KC and their personel, he is magic with QB's and will find a way to make this offense get over the hump. There are plenty of young pieces on defense to work with as well. I'd say this team makes so noise from day one and will be in the playoffs within two years.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy Ried is verging on a deal wit KC ESPN Reports via website.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Nice, that's what I wanted to hear.

Now for DC. I don't want to switch to the 4-3. I want to stick to the 3-4 but 1-gap instead of 2-gapping under RAC. We have the personnel to run the 3-4 well (with proper coaching) but I'm really worried about the defense if we switch.
Maybe he brings Bowles along with him as the DC ? He is versed in the 3-4.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Have you seen LeSean McCoy play? He had 273 carries last year (which Charles eclipsed this year, but it was the first time and he had some HUGE games). Holy crap, I'd be giddy about Charles in this offense. Perfect fit for him.
Haha, I was being somewhat facetious, although Reid's past has shown a preference toward throwing the ball. It really just depends on the year with him. There were times he threw it quite a bit with Westbrook in his prime but there were times he did run it a fair amount.

I'm clearly bias as a Giants fan in thinking Reid is a bit overrated (but still a good coach), but I know he's held in high respect by most.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Nice, that's what I wanted to hear.

Now for DC. I don't want to switch to the 4-3. I want to stick to the 3-4 but 1-gap instead of 2-gapping under RAC. We have the personnel to run the 3-4 well (with proper coaching) but I'm really worried about the defense if we switch.
I don't think a 4-3 in the right scheme would be terrible. Use Houston as a WLB, put Hali's hand on the ground, see how you can plug in Dorsey/Jackson. Does it live a few more holes on the defensive side? Probably, but I could see it working out better than anticipated.

That being said, I understand the trepidation with the personnel that def. already fit the 3-4 scheme.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I don't think a 4-3 in the right scheme would be terrible. Use Houston as a WLB, put Hali's hand on the ground, see how you can plug in Dorsey/Jackson. Does it live a few more holes on the defensive side? Probably, but I could see it working out better than anticipated.

That being said, I understand the trepidation with the personnel that def. already fit the 3-4 scheme.
They could easily transition to what New England does or what Baltimore did under Marvin.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'm over it. he'll probably trade for kolb and then draft landry jones in the 3rd.
You have Manning....we have....Terrell Pryor??

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i have no idea what point you thought you were making, but no ****. there are some bad teams in the nfl. i don't see how that's possibly responsive to the statement that he's never won a super bowl.

not even going to touch the 'most competitive division' silliness.
Maybe that wasn't the best way to make my point but in a nut shell is there are plenty of coaches that haven't won a super bowl. That doesn't mean that they are ****** or they don't have what it takes to get one.

I said "one of the most competitive divisions in football" and since 2006 this is overall W-L per division

AFC South 239-209
NFC East 237-210-1
AFC East 233-215
AFC North 232-215-1
NFC South 232-216
NFC North 226-222
AFC West 203-235
NFC West 190-256-2
Old 01-03-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
pryor > osweiler.
Osweiler = da future!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sal Paolantonio was sipping on that haterade on ESPN. Went through a big spiel that was basically "ANDY REID SUXXORZ N I HATE HIM N I HOPE HE DIES."

HOWEVAH...He mentioned that wherever he goes, Andy Reid is probably going to try to bring in McNabb as the backup QB. Said Reid had to be badgered into trading him in the first place and still wants to be hardcore BFFs.

Honestly, it may not be bad for him to help out whoever the Chiefs pick. He had enough years to learn the system inside and out. Plus, he was still better than Ponder when the Vikes gave up on him.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Sal Paolantonio was sipping on that haterade on ESPN. Went through a big spiel that was basically "ANDY REID SUXXORZ N I HATE HIM N I HOPE HE DIES."

HOWEVAH...He mentioned that wherever he goes, Andy Reid is probably going to try to bring in McNabb as the backup QB. Said Reid had to be badgered into trading him in the first place and still wants to be hardcore BFFs.

Honestly, it may not be bad for him to help out whoever the Chiefs pick. He had enough years to learn the system inside and out. Plus, he was still better than Ponder when the Vikes gave up on him.
Scott Just tweeted about a half hour ago about how he compares Geno to a young McNabb. That is pretty high praise, I don't know if I agree but I can kind of see where he is going. McNabb would be a good mentor if they happened to pull the trigger #1. Andy Reid is good with young QB and usually gets good fits for his system so we will see what happens.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McNabb as a back-up QB is the funniest thing I've heard in a very, very long time. I'll believe that one when I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kolb also compared to McNabb and came out of the same offense Geno ran at West Virginia.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
McNabb as a back-up QB is the funniest thing I've heard in a very, very long time. I'll believe that one when I see it.
They gonna have him hold the clipboard or just a full-blown menu?
Old 01-03-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

9 hours?!?!? That's a lot of cheese steak.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reid isn't bringing McNabb with him anywhere

In three years the Chiefs will own the AFCW.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Reid isn't bringing McNabb with him anywhere

In three years the Chiefs will own the AFCW.
Not if Manning has more than two years left in him.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please don't hire John Dorsey.

Last edited by WCH : 01-03-2013 at 06:53 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

another name I'm hearing for his staff is Bobby April as ST coach
Old 01-03-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Reid would like to work with Tom Gamble. I'd take a Tom Gamble / Andy Reid sandwich every day of the week. Nom nom. Yeah, I just put that image in your head. Deal with it.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So much for Reid to AZ 95% done
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Just don't tell Reid about the Z Man and fries.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Christ I want some Oklahoma Joe's now. I already ate dinner, and between that and the seafood talk I'm already hungry again.