Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-02-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Green for the players we absolutely should get to sign new contracts. Orange for the players I'd only sign for the right amount of money. The whites are either people I want gone, or in Osi's case, people I suspect want to leave.
I'd put Blackburn in the green. He's not spectacular but he's reliable and he should still be cheap. This LB corps needs a complete makeover and it's not going to happen overnight. Keeping Blackburn on a cheap 1-2 year deal will be a stop gap. At the very least after getting pushed around for a while, he does have a tendency to make a big play here and there.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, juggie knows what's up
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't know if there is a linebacker on this team worth keeping. Boley is, but at what price. He could be a cap casualty. Williams is really the only one because he makes nothing basically.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams is a must keep, even if he got a light raise, especially if we let Boley go. Chase cause he's cheap and Herz cause he's cheap, would also be worth keeping around. But despite that, I'd still rather see more picks on the DL and DBs before we go after a linebacker. DE in the first, DB in the second and then LB/DT in the 3rd and 4th. That's how I'm hoping the board works out for us.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Linebackers just don't get paid a lot these days. I think we might be able to get some in FA to fill gaps. Not sure who is even available but there have to be guys out there better than what we have. I wouldn't mind coming back next year with Williams, Blackburn, move Kiwi to the line, and have all new LBers on this team.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The LB available in FA this year are AWFUL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with keeping Blackburn as a stop gap. Much like the guard position, I think it's something we can hold off on addressing for another year. Sure up are essential positions like DE, CB, or DT. Do that and then deal with some of the positions you can get away with holding off on like LB or OG.

Also, I don't know if this is true but I heard on WFAN Fewell had been extended a couple months ago? If that's the case he is certainly not going anywhere. I don't know how we're retaining a guy who helped lead one of the leagues worst defenses.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one knows for sure but I doubt he was extended months ago. If anything he probably got a year or two tacked on after the SB when Coughlin also got his deal. Sometimes we're to loyal by default.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-02-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha yeah. That is certainly the downfall of Coughlin in particular. Loyalty is to be commended, but being too loyal can cost your team and it's ability to be successful.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'd put Blackburn in the green. He's not spectacular but he's reliable and he should still be cheap. This LB corps needs a complete makeover and it's not going to happen overnight. Keeping Blackburn on a cheap 1-2 year deal will be a stop gap. At the very least after getting pushed around for a while, he does have a tendency to make a big play here and there.
I think we should only sign him if he's willing to agree to what you're saying, a cheap(veteran minimum) 1-2 year deal. He's not a starter at linebacker in this league. Okay backup? Sure. Good ST player? Yup. But not a starter.

We need to start to at least try to change up our LB core. Try to let some young guys play, and see if they develop. Paysinger, Herzlich, Jwill, those guys. If they don't, have some veterans as a plan B.

Sure, we could keep Chase around, but only as a backup, in my eyes. He shouldn't start for us, or any other NFL team for that matter. Love the guy, he's made some huge plays for us in some of the biggest games. But he is what he is now. A backup.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep Chase as a backup. He should not start though. The whole LB core needs to be new guys, JWILL on the weakside, new MIKE, new SAM.

I think we should actively pursue OGs too. Our guard play has been mediocre at best, and our run game is heavily dependent on them to clear the way. Boothe can't pull and is average as a power blocker, and Snee is just old now. Getting some maulers at Guard would dramatically improve our run game.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I wonder how the coaches feel about Brewer. He is just someone who never seems to be in danger of being cut but never is close to seeing the field. Could he be a guard long term?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

As much as I hate to say it, Coughlin is too loyal to old vets sometimes. There's no chance he places Snee, of all people.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I wonder how the coaches feel about Brewer. He is just someone who never seems to be in danger of being cut but never is close to seeing the field. Could he be a guard long term?
Isn't he to tall to play G? I'd rather see him at RT next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-03-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Isn't he to tall to play G? I'd rather see him at RT next year.
He might be. Leonard Davis was a very good guard in this league for a few years and he has a similar body.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Depending on our cuts we're really not going to have all that much money for any FA's. Most of our improvements will have to come through the draft this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-03-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how I feel about Brewer. Didn't really wow me whenever I saw him.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Keep Chase as a backup. He should not start though. The whole LB core needs to be new guys, JWILL on the weakside, new MIKE, new SAM.

I think we should actively pursue OGs too. Our guard play has been mediocre at best, and our run game is heavily dependent on them to clear the way. Boothe can't pull and is average as a power blocker, and Snee is just old now. Getting some maulers at Guard would dramatically improve our run game.
Snee will probably never be cut, at least not until Coughlin retires. He's married to Coughlins daughter, and I imagine that will be a very awkward family situation if it ever came to that.

But I do agree, some new guards would be nice. a road-grader LG to blast open holes for Wilson next year. It would be awesome. He would be gone in a flash.

Quote:
Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think Reese would have a problem cutting Snee. He doesn't care about the family dynamic and Snee certainly knows it's a business. He'd be the first one to tell you he's not playing as well as he used to.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-03-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't think Reese would have a problem cutting Snee. He doesn't care about the family dynamic and Snee certainly knows it's a business. He'd be the first one to tell you he's not playing as well as he used to.
He also played through injury this year. I'm fine with Snee for at least one more year. Too many other holes to replace first.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah same here. Much bigger fish to fry as you said.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-03-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Another thing to keep in mind is that we'll probably lose Marc Ross this year. He's been doing several interviews for a GM spot so unless he's a terrible interview or something I don't see how he doesn't get a job this year with another team.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Another thing to keep in mind is that we'll probably lose Marc Ross this year. He's been doing several interviews for a GM spot so unless he's a terrible interview or something I don't see how he doesn't get a job this year with another team.
No, we're spreading rumors through the grapevine that he's a homosexual, and homosexual black guys just don't get GM positions. This way we can keep him forever. Muhahahaha!

Quote:
Old 01-03-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

We can only hope, but I'm pretty sure he's as good as gone haha. We didn't try hard enough to spread that rumor.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'll accept Marc Ross' departure if and only if he takes Perry Fewell with him to be his HC.