Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-03-2013, 06:10 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida

Height: 6'3
Weight: 303lbs
Position; Defensive Tackle
Class: Junior

Positives:

- Decent length and adequate bulk
- Long arms
- Displays a nice swim move
- Positional versatility, can play DT or DE
- Plays with good power when leverage is good
- Shows an ability to get after the passer

Negatives:

- Could add more good weight
- Can be pushed way back in the run game
- Needs to develop counters in the pass game
- Once he is blocked he tends to stay blocked
- Could play with more intensity

Overall:

Floyd is a player who impressed me more when I wasn't specifically watching just him. He does make some nice plays which jump off the screen at you, however a lot of the times he is completely washed out in the run game or single blocked in the pass game. I know he has been mentioned as a possible 34 DE however I really don't like that fit in the NFL. He could be fine at it, especially somewhere like Houston or Dallas etc, however I don't see him as a 2 gap end. I think his best fit will come as a 3 technique where he will be allowed to attack offensive linemen and penetrate. From watching some of Florida's games this year he is at his best when he wins at the snap and gets up field.

The biggest issue I have at this moment with Floyd is not the fact he gets pushed back in the run game, but how far he gets pushed back. Against FSU in the 3rd quarter they lined up in shotgun with 1 back and 1 TE. Floyd lined up at the 3 and at the snap was driven back 3 yards from the line of scrimmage by the RG and RT. 2 plays later on the goal line he is pushed back into the endzone by a single block from the LG.

I'm not sure if it's a need to add more strength, an issue with leverage or simply a fact that he struggles to anchor, however as a run defender I find him very underwhelming unless he is asked to shoot gaps.

Overall, I still think he has really good upside, particularly as an interior pass rusher and in today's NFL that holds a lot of value. However I would like to see more consistency and fire from him.

I would give him a solid 2nd round value as of now but would take Star Lotulelei, Sheldon Richardson, Jonathan Hankins, Sylvester Williams, Jesse Williams and Kawann Short over him at DT right now.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good take on Floyd. He'll get a sack here and there but that doesn't seem to be his forte. I thought he looked pretty stout against the run this year. Strange to say, at 300 lbs, but he might need to bulk up a tad.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reminds me a lot of Marcus Spears coming out of LSU. I don't think that he is ever going to be a great at anything in particular but can contribute in the right scheme. Seattle, New England, and San Francisco could be good fits imo.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him a lot. I've seen quite a few Florida games and he shows up in them usually.

I agree. I think he's a 3 in the NFL who gives push in the pocket. He will need to get better against the run, though.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Dallas would be a great landing spot for him, not sure how that'd work out as he's currently projected as a late 1st early 2nd and dallas picks in the middle.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote