Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
IrishBoy93
Rookie

IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IrishBoy93 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mock Draft (1/2)

1. Kansas City- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
- Brandon Albert is a free agent, and Geno Smith hasn't looked good in a while. Joeckel should move into a "elite" status once people re-visit the tapes against LSU, Alabama, and Florida.

2. Jacksonville-DeMontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
-Jeremy Mincey, Jason Babin, and Andre Branch are not enough. The Jags could use some more help at the defensive end position, and the addition of Moore could give the Jags some sack production.

3. Oakland- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
- The Raiders have Tommy Kelly and an aging (and free agent, potentially) Richard Seymour. I think the Raiders should move down for more picks, but if they stay here, I think they look for anyone who could give them a boost on the defensive line.

4. Philadelphia- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
- The Eagles will be losing DRC in free agency, and Nnamdi might be gone as well. If that's the case, the Eagles need a DB who can play. I don't think Milliner is as elite as the corners in the past three years, but he should be a solid DB for the Eagles.

5. Detroit-Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
- The Lions will have two of their best defensive ends hitting free agency this offseason. Instead of breaking the bank, why not replace them with one of the best DE's in college football? Werner has the speed, size, and strength to be a very effective end for the Lions.

6. Cleveland- Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
- The Browns could use some more pass rushing help opposite of Sheard, and Mingo seems like he has the upside to be a double-digit sack end, so the Browns opt for just that.

7. Arizona- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
- The Cards stop Smith from falling. If Reid is the coach, he can sit Smith a year, see what he has in Kolb, and then in 2014, let Smith start the entire season. Still, I wasn't convinced I saw an elite QB when I saw Smith in WVU's free-fall to end the season, and in the pinestripe bowl, so he falls.

8. Buffalo- Manti Teo, ILB, Notre Dame
- The Bills could use another linebacker, and Te'o seems like a likely candidate. Barnett is an average linebacker these days, so replace him with Te'o, and get your QB in the later rounds.

9. New York Jets- Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
- The Jets need someone who can get to the quarterback. Jarvis Jones has a questionable injury history, and he might be a little small for the 3-4, but Rex will attempt to make it work.

10. Tennessee- Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
- Top ten is a bit high for a guard, but Warmack is that elite guard. The Titans need to do something to boost the running game, and whether CJ2K is back there or not, Warmack helps the running game.

11. San Diego- Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
- If the Chargers want to move on from Phillip Rivers, I could see them being a sneaky Matt Barkley team, but let's go with Jake Matthews to protect Rivers for the next couple of seasons.

12. Miami- Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
- With a boatload of cap space, multiple second round picks and several big name WR's hitting the market, I can't envision the Dolphins wasting a 1st rounder on a WR. Instead, how about we give them another pass rusher? Montgomery might be more polished than his partner Mingo, but he doesn't have as big of upside, but he could either be a DE or OLB and still get to the QB.

13. Tampa Bay- Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
- Bucs traded Alib Talib to NE in the middle of the season, and Ronde Barber might retire. The Bucs need to dip back into the DB well again, and Banks' size (6-1) and speed (rumored 4.4) could make him an interesting fit for the Bucs.

14. Carolina- Jonathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
- Panthers added two DT's in the third round a couple years ago, and one is struggling while the other was cut. Time to bring some better talent in. Hankins is more of a NT, but he'll work as a run-stuffer in the middle of that offense.

15. New Orleans- Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
- I'm very high on Richardson. He just seems like the DT who can be disruptive at times. For the Saints, they can use just about any defensive player they can get. Richardson could have a Kevin Williams type impact, and could be a piece in rebuilding NO's defense.

16. St. Louis- Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
- Rams are my sleeper team for next season, and this pick could be a foundation pick. The Rams need to protect Bradford, and Lewan should be able to do that. He could play either tackle spot, and his ability to block will be needed on this line.

17. Pittsburgh- Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
- The Steelers could use another lineman to pair with Timmons inside. Ogletree has been one of the best LB's in college football this season, and he could serve as a huge defensive upgrade to PIT's LB core.

18. Dallas- Matt Elam, S, Florida
- The Cowboys need some help in the secondary, and as I type this, Matt Elam has had moments this the Sugar Bowl. Wouldn't shock me at all if he went this high, and for the Cowboys, he'd be a huge upgrade over Barry Church.

19. New York Giants- Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU
- The Giants will need an offensive lineman, but go with a defensive end lol. Ziggy has all the features JPP possessed coming out of South Florida, so the Giants take him hoping lighting strikes twice.

20. Chicago- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
- Bears need to protect Jay Cutler, and that's exactly what Eric Fisher can do. Simple as that. Whoever is the coach of CHI needs to give Cutler just a little more time.

21. Cincinnati- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
- Bengals will be having a ton of defensive lineman reaching FA, and Dion Jordan can either replace one, or backup one for a couple seasons.

22. St. Louis- Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
- Keenan Allen is good, but I think Justin Hunter has the ability to be better. For Bradford, you get a big, fast weapon . He allows Amendola to play a Wes Welker role. All about building around Welker.

23. Minnesota- Bennie Logan, DT, LSU
- Kevin Williams is a free agent, and if so, the Vikings might be in the hunt for another defensive tackle. Logan, who's rumored to be coming out this year, could be someone to help or replace Williams in 2013.

24. Baltimore- Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU
- Ray Lewis is retiring. I think the Ravens should find someone who can replace him, and Minter might be the perfect candidate to replace him and join Ellerbe in 2014.

25. Indianapolis- John Jenkins, NT, Georgia
- The Colts could use some more players on that defense, and John Jenkins is a good start. The 350 NT could provide some beef to that 3-4 defense, and play a Casey Hampton type role in that defense.

26. Seattle- Tyler Eiffert, TE, Notre Dame
- The Seahawks could use another big offensive playmaker for Wilson to throw to, so how about the 6-5, 230 pound TE?

27. Green Bay- Barrett Jones, OG/OT, Alabama
- Packers should move back, but if they stay here, I think the Packers take Jones. Rodgers can't be sacked as much as he has moving forward. I assume Jones could play RG and RT at the next level. It's a start for that Packer offensive line.

28. Houston- Keenan Allen, WR, California
- The Texans can go defense or offensive line here, but why not WR? Keenan Allen is the #1 or #2 WR in the draft, why not pair him up with Andre Johnson and give Schaub another weapon to throw to?

29. San Francisco- Jesse Williams, DE, Alabama
- The 49ers could use some depth on the defensive line. Williams has the size to play some NT as well, but in the 49ers system, he could play some DE and be just as effective, due to his time playing it at Alabama.

30. New England- Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
- The Pats need a CB even if Talib comes back. McCourty seems alright, but other than that, you can upgrade the DB position. Rhodes is big, and could help the Pats as a third cornerback and a return man as a rookie.

31. Atlanta- Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
- Tony Gonzalez might retire after this season. After this season, the Falcons could take Ertz, who seems like a huge weapon at Stanford, and could be a huge weapon in the middle of the field for Matt Ryan.

32. Denver- Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
- I love Jordan Poyer. For the Broncos, your starting corners are Champ Bailey, Chris Harris, and Tracy Porter. Poyer could replace Porter, who's a free agent after this season.
IrishBoy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a great KC pick. Branden Albert will likely get the franchise tag anyway.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what vidae said.intereseting to see what KC does if they do in fact hire Reid as HC
Old 01-03-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs should just trade the first overall pick for Bryan Bulaga.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bennie Logan shouldn't go that high. We need Keenan Allen there.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Colts I would look more at Alex Okafor, Eric Reid, or maybe Barrett Jones before Jenkins. NT is important but not critical for the Colts' defense, and we're getting two players back from injury next year that are both potentially capable of starting at NT.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dion Jordan for the Saints please. We have Bunkley who should bounce back and Hicks should start next year. We need DE.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
For the Colts I would look more at Alex Okafor, Eric Reid, or maybe Barrett Jones before Jenkins. NT is important but not critical for the Colts' defense, and we're getting two players back from injury next year that are both potentially capable of starting at NT.
I would also be okay with the Colts getting Xavier Rhodes there too.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being a Titans fan I'd rather take Jake Matthews at #10 than Warmack. The reasoning is while yes our Guard position could use some upgrading our OTs are both getting old and their contract expires after 2014. Matthews could help out at Guard for two seasons before moving out to either LT or RT.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Minijosh
Rookie

Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perfect Niner pick.
Minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid san fran pick. We can use more DE in case we have more injury problems next season.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
ChicagoBearsVet23
Veteran

ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Jordan, Eifert, or Jones over Fisher
ChicagoBearsVet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good Rams mock....OBTW Jake Matthews has announced that he is returning to school.

Just sayin'
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Dion Jordan for the Saints please. We have Bunkley who should bounce back and Hicks should start next year. We need DE.
I concur. I like Richardson but we need a DE. Dion Jordan is disruptive and I think will be a major force at the next level.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Richardson pick.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
this or lewan

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Real solid houston pick

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Star, Moore, or (gulp) Jones for Oakland is a win.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote