Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Apparently Reid would like to work with Tom Gamble. I'd take a Tom Gamble / Andy Reid sandwich every day of the week. Nom nom. Yeah, I just put that image in your head. Deal with it.
I think a Reid and Gamble duo would be great fit. He needs to stay clear of Heckert though. And KC needs to stay clear of giving Reid any other power other than chosing his own staff and hand-picking his QB of choice.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott Pioli out in KC! YES! Bring on Reid!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Scott Pioli out in KC! YES! Bring on Reid!
Seeing it on the Chiefs website brought a wonderful feeling of closure to this nightmare of a season. The decks are cleared for the beginning of the Andy Reid era in Kansas City.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the happiest day I remember as a Chiefs fan since the day we hired Pioli. How sad is that?

Old 01-04-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is the happiest day I remember as a Chiefs fan since the day we hired Pioli. How sad is that?
Yeah Pioli blows, our drafts got 10000x better once he left.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Sal Paolantonio was sipping on that haterade on ESPN. Went through a big spiel that was basically "ANDY REID SUXXORZ N I HATE HIM N I HOPE HE DIES."

HOWEVAH...He mentioned that wherever he goes, Andy Reid is probably going to try to bring in McNabb as the backup QB. Said Reid had to be badgered into trading him in the first place and still wants to be hardcore BFFs.

Honestly, it may not be bad for him to help out whoever the Chiefs pick. He had enough years to learn the system inside and out. Plus, he was still better than Ponder when the Vikes gave up on him.
Lol Donovan McNabb was Big Ben before Big Ben. Understanding the offense and how to not lazor the ball into the feet of his receivers was for suckers that couldn't just shake off a tackler and run around until something opened up.

Picturing Donovan with a clip board trying to explain anything to a young QB just draws riotous laughter from my brain.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 01-04-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is official as per espn Andy Reid has come to an agreement to be the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
It is official as per espn Andy Reid has come to an agreement to be the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.
BEST.DAY.EVER!!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll miss having the Walrus in our division. I won't miss all the losses to Philly, but I will miss the hilariousness and epic failures he put Philly fans through.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like John Dorsey (Packers director of football operations) is likely to be the Chiefs GM.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

From @mortreport and me: Andy Reid has reached agreement to become next HC of Chiefs, pending review of contract by each side's attorneys.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is his defensive coordinator? That will make the biggest difference.

Also story line, eagles vs kc, Reid returns. Since they play afc west
Old 01-04-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Castillo ran some zone read in the past with Westbrook and Shady, that would be huge for Jamaal Charles if they can establish edge running and strong backside lanes for cutbacks.

Im sure Childress will also employ a good amount of screens to get McCluster and Charles out in space.

You have the right offensive coaches in place to maximize your personel, especially if QB gets squared away.
I thought Howard Mudd was the guy who brought the zone blocking scheme in when he came in 2011 when Shady first broke out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Who is his defensive coordinator? That will make the biggest difference.

Also story line, eagles vs kc, Reid returns. Since they play afc west
That is my biggest question. I don't want to switch to a 4-3. I hope the DC is a 3-4 1-gapper, because we have talent on D, they were just used poorly.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zone blocking is nothing new for Charles, the stretch run has been his bread and butter play for awhile.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is my biggest question. I don't want to switch to a 4-3. I hope the DC is a 3-4 1-gapper, because we have talent on D, they were just used poorly.
34 and 43 aren't that different until you get into the techniques they are playing. If the Chiefs bring in a one gap guy then I'm not sure it matters a great deal whether it's an odd or even front they play more frequently

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
BEST.DAY.EVER!!!!
Was it not the best day ever when you hired Pioli?
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs have too many OL that fit in ZBS. I don't see the way Reid will switch it back to his old fashioned powerful scheme. However, Howard Mudd could be retiring again.

I believe Reid will retain most of staffs on offensive side and hire Marty Mornhinweg as OC. Reid's biggest challenge is to hire DC. Mike Trgovac or Todd Bowles or Clarence Brooks should be a good start.

Trgovac was top notch 4-3 DC that coaches 3-4 team for Packers. He left Panthers to strengthen his family so I have no idea what is the status right now but he should be the one Reid will count on.

Todd Bowles has worked running many schematics. Brooks is a rush defense godfather who apparently has zero experience at DC. Bowles is ahead of Brooks because of working with Reid as DC briefly.

About Chiefs draft for immediate needs, I can see Reid let Albert walk and tab Luke Joeckel in the first round and Zac Dysert in the 2nd round. Unless Dysert impressed everyone at the combine, it would be very good cost effective. Mind you, I have no idea what Chiefs' budget but I can see Brandon Albert will test the waters for luxury contract.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I hope to god Zac Dysert isn't our QBoTF. That would be awful. And I hope he doesn't let BA walk. He is a stud.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Albert will be resigned or franchised, I don't see a scenario where drafting an OT with the #1 pick makes sense.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
It looks like John Dorsey (Packers director of football operations) is likely to be the Chiefs GM.
Sure seems that way. Damn, first they lose Reggie McKenzie to Oakland and now Dorsey seems to be out. Losing a lot of braintrust the last few years
Old 01-04-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
Was it not the best day ever when you hired Pioli?
Yes...

Mark that down as a lesson learned.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Albert will be resigned or franchised, I don't see a scenario where drafting an OT with the #1 pick makes sense.
Especially with the OL woes Reid just went through this year in Philly. If you have solid pieces, keep them.
Diehard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a great hire by the Chiefs the last question is what QB is going to end up there because I can guarantee that Cassel is going to be gone. Could we see Mallett get traded and Cassel return to New England as the backup?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
This is a great hire by the Chiefs the last question is what QB is going to end up there because I can guarantee that Cassel is going to be gone. Could we see Mallett get traded and Cassel return to New England as the backup?
Absolutely not on both counts IMO.

Firstly, Reid isn't going to trade for a QB he didn't draft and has no affiliation with. He is going to take a QB in the first round. I would bet pretty much everything on that at this point.

Secondly, I don't think anyone is going to give up a high second for Mallett yet. He just doesn't have the tape. All he is at the minute is the same guy who was drafted only with two years sitting and learning. And the Pats aren't going to trade him for a 3rd.

Thirdly, I don't see Cassell back with the Pats. I think they are happy to ride with 2 QBs on the roster and as mentioned above I don't see them moving Mallett

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote