Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 01-04-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what does everyone expect Reid to do in the draft, will he start like he did in Philly with a QB, or since it seems to be popular opinion that no QB is worth the top pick, or wait and take one in the second or third like Kolb or Foles, hell maybe trade back and then trade back into the first so we get two first round picks and get a QB with that pick?
chief_fan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fully expect Reid to take Geno.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I fully expect Reid to take Geno.
I agree. I think it's a lock at this point.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I agree. I think it's a lock at this point.
Just for the sake of argument. why do you think that? We need a mobile, accurate thrower for his west coast(with some vertical game). That sounds to me like a Barkley or Wilson. I think Barkley would excell in that system. Ironically, based on what everyone onthe forum has been saying about barkley, I'd be pissed if we traded down(because we HAVE to get a QB with our first pick) and I'd also be pissed if we took in number one overall.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
bspen4
Rookie

bspen4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Just for the sake of argument. why do you think that? We need a mobile, accurate thrower for his west coast(with some vertical game). That sounds to me like a Barkley or Wilson. I think Barkley would excell in that system. Ironically, based on what everyone onthe forum has been saying about barkley, I'd be pissed if we traded down(because we HAVE to get a QB with our first pick) and I'd also be pissed if we took in number one overall.
Geno is more mobile and accurate than Barkley and Wilson.
bspen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Geno is accurate and at least AS mobile as Barkley.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know having the first pick is nice and all but I might be more excited about round two. A few should be first rounders are bound to fall and we get first crack at them.

Last edited by Splat : 01-06-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Ya, I love picking at the top of each round after the first. A lot of those guys are great value no matter who you take.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:23 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Won't the Chiefs and Jags be alternating top picks every round?
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes. we have #34 (#2 in the 2nd) and the Jags get #33.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK gonne throw this 4 round mock out there.

1. Geno Smith, QB, WVU

2. Jesse Williams, DL, Alabama (would go WR here if we go to 4-3 defensively)

3. Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

4. Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse (KC will be drafting 2 QB's IMO)
Old 01-09-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Mehhhh. Jesse Williams doesn't seem like a need. The other three picks are solid though. Instead of a DL I'd definitely go WR or ILB, depending on what happens with Bowe.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
OK gonne throw this 4 round mock out there.

1. Geno Smith, QB, WVU

2. Jesse Williams, DL, Alabama (would go WR here if we go to 4-3 defensively)

3. Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

4. Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse (KC will be drafting 2 QB's IMO)
I'd love that draft personally. Poe and Williams would be gang busters in the middle of a 43 for years and I like Trufant. Not a fan of Geno, but if the Chiefs came away with Geno and Nassib that would make me happy.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:34 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

What if this were the Chiefs first 3 rounds:

1. Tyler Wilson
2. Cordarrelle Patterson
3. William Gholston

Wilson is the best QB in the draft. Patterson is a dynamic athlete. Gholston offers schematic versatility and a pass rush from a down lineman, which the Chiefs currently do not have.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
What if this were the Chiefs first 3 rounds:

1. Tyler Wilson
2. Cordarrelle Patterson
3. William Gholston

Wilson is the best QB in the draft. Patterson is a dynamic athlete. Gholston offers schematic versatility and a pass rush from a down lineman, which the Chiefs currently do not have.
Would you be willing to go into next season with Javier Arenas as one of your starting CBs? In my opinion, after QB, CB is our greatest need.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Would you be willing to go into next season with Javier Arenas as one of your starting CBs? In my opinion, after QB, CB is our greatest need.
Yeah I'd be ok with that. Obviously I'd be looking to upgrade, but I've already reached for a quarterback with the first pick, I'm not going to continue reaching to fill "needs". Those other players would be the best players available assuming players like Milliner or Banks don't slide.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

"I want winners!"
Old 01-10-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then again, do we go after free agents as well? I wonder if any big named Eagle CB's will be dropped? Nmandi probably won't demand a ton of money based off performance #aguycandream
Old 01-11-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's up chiefs fans.

I'm coming here bc on local radio shows and articles have te bucs possibly looking to Trade Josh Freeman for te right price. Apparently when they said competition to ring in at qb a lot say they're looking for a replacement.

Not sure how much truth to these rumors there are but Kansas City name has popped up a few times.

Would you trade the top pick for Freeman if that is possible or there are any legs behind these rumors ?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Trading #1 for Josh Freeman would be the worst decision this franchise has ever made. He just isn't any good.

And these started off as "backroom channels".. not even a "source" or a "rumor" and people just ran with it. I don't think that has legs at all.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Would you trade the top pick for Freeman?
Old 01-11-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Trading the 1st pick for Freeman would get Reid ran out of town already, methinks. I wouldn't mind sending a 5th round pick for Freeman though.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:08 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading Josh Freeman for the 1st overall draft choice is the kind of thing that only happens in Madden and sports talk radio. I'm sure the Jacksonville folks are talking about trading Blaine Gabbert for the 1st overall, too. Dream on, that's what the off-season is for.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Trading Josh Freeman for the 1st overall draft choice is the kind of thing that only happens in Madden and sports talk radio. I'm sure the Jacksonville folks are talking about trading Blaine Gabbert for the 1st overall, too. Dream on, that's what the off-season is for.
Haha I know. This is the reaction I thought is get. I'm not a freeman fan either but their was talk I've heard on te radio. Reid won't do that. This is all hypothetical. Try telling fellow buc homers that Freeman is terrible. Tey all point to 2010 and 4000 yds this year. Pretty sad.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Swap first give KC Freeman and a 3rd, wait what?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote