Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 01-05-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
And that might actually be doable.

Dorsey has an impressive resume:
http://www.packers.com/team/staff/jo...d-4d693e8586bd

But not as impressive as his wife:
http://www.polsinelli.com/psexton/

If I read that correctly, she is a partner (shareholder=partner) in one of the biggest law firms in Kansas City (and one of the top 100 in the country). Further, she's a litigator which means she spends a lot of time in court in KC representing clients. That's a very strong argument for jumping to the Chiefs even if it isn't a promotion. Looks to me like she's the primary earner in the family.
she looks like a wolf in sheeps clothing. just an inconspicuous blonde in a black dress suit. BBAAMM!!! then she stands up and starts litigating. throwing around big words. thats a scary wife, if you ask me. no way in hell do i marry a woman smarter than me (at least not 1 that shows it off to the world that she is).

back to the point. Dorsey would have to be promoted to come to the Chiefs, correct? at least his job title would have to be a promotion. Heckert is a FA since being fired and would need no such promotion to get the job. it seems like Dorsey will be missed in GB and they don't really want him to go. Heckert is familiar with Reid and his way of doing things. i think both would be a HUGE addition to this FO. the more people capable of doing their jobs well the better. we've seen what 1 guy can do. now, lets throw numbers @ this thing. i bet there won't be many unanimous votes, but the discussions that take place with smart personel people on opposite sides of prospects is a good thing.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd prefer Dorsey personally, but I'd be ok with either guy.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:35 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty stoked by what I'm hearing. Reid, obviously, with his history of getting his QBs to play to their best ability is exciting. Cleveland has put together a pretty good talent base under Heckart the last few years and I think if ownership hadn't wanted their own guys the Browns would be rolling here pretty quickly. Then Dorsey, the Packers have been able to stock an entire receiving corps for years now. How much of that is Dorsey?

Finally...a quarterback, receivers, and the overall talent on the team? I'm digging this!
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
To be honest I wouldn't mind this. The only thing is would he want to go back to a 4-3? I really don't want that.
There have been swirling rumors about Monte Kiffin coming in as DC, which would mean 4-3 and Tampa 2. Doesn't sound like you'd be too far off personnel wise

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1...ense-andy-reid
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to go back to a 4-3 but could live with it. As for Tampa 2? No thank you.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Rob Ryan got fired by the cowboys today. He said he'd have another job in five minutes...please have it be KC.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sounds like Childress as OC & Dorsey as GM is all but done
Old 01-09-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
So Rob Ryan got fired by the cowboys today. He said he'd have another job in five minutes...please have it be KC.
No thanks. He isn't very good, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
sounds like Childress as OC & Dorsey as GM is all but done
Sounding like Doug Pederson is going to be the new OC. Has been a QB coach with Reid for a while. Childress is likely going to be on the staff in some capacity (no idea what) and Dorsey is still the front runner for GM.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sounds like Eric Bienemy is gonna be the RB coach
Old 01-11-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

Quote:
The New York Daily News is "hearing" that Jets assistant head coach/linebackers Bob Sutton will be named defensive coordinator for the Chiefs.

The Chiefs had requested permission to interview Sutton Thursday night. Sutton has been with the Jets since 2000, under four different head coaches, running the defense from 2006-2008. His 2008 unit was ranked near the top of the NFL in run defense and sacks. Sutton has coached both the 4-3 and the 3-4 throughout his career. Ex-Cowboys DC Rob Ryan could replace Sutton on the Jets defensive staff.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Bob Sutton??? If this comes to pass, I will be enormously underwhelmed.

During Sutton's previous stint as OC (for the Jets):

2006: 6th in points allowed, 20th in yards allowed
2007: 19th in points allowed, 18th in yards allowed
2008: 16th in points allowed, 18th in yards allowed

In 2009, Rex Ryan came to town and the Jets finished 1st in both categories.

Note: numbers from AA.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah Sutton is an underwhelming hire for sure, but at least Reid saw that the talent here was best suited for this scheme and kept it in place. And hopefully Sutton runs that attacking 1-gap scheme, because that would be even better.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

He wouldn't have been my first choice but the fact that he survived four HC's is pretty impressive.

HC's love to clean house when they take a new job and four of them kept him around in one role or another.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

sounds like Bienemy has accepted the RB coach job per Denver Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Reid really wanted Duce Staley, the ex-Eagles RB and now Eagles RB coach, but the Eagles wouldn't let him out of his contract.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Reid really wanted Duce Staley, the ex-Eagles RB and now Eagles RB coach, but the Eagles wouldn't let him out of his contract.
that what's I've heard as well.Bienemy is not a bad 2nd choice though
Old 01-11-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Bears ST Coach Dave Toub is in KC interviewing with Reid today.He coached with Reid for 3 years at Mizzou
Old 01-11-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Sounds like it's official.

Reports: Chiefs have hired both coordinators

Quote:
It appears new Chiefs coach Andy Reid has settled on his coordinators, with Bob Sutton as defensive coordinator and the as-expected Doug Pederson as offensive coordinator.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reported the Sutton half of the news, and Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star is reporting both names.
I have mixed feelings.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I don't mind Pederson..I do NOT like the Sutton hire.There had to better candidates out there
Old 01-11-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the hires, although that could just be some Reid freewill. I'm willing to let him hire his coordinators and see what they bring to the game.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I like the Pederson hiring - apparently he is very well thought of in league circles. I'm ok with the Sutton hire. It certainly isn't an inspired choice, but I love the fact that Reid identified the talent here as more fitting in the 3-4 and decided to hire his coach based on the scheme. I really didn't want to switch 4-3, and you gotta be impressed with Sutton: college HC experience, NFL DC / LB coach experience, and he stuck with the Jets through FOUR head coaching regimes. You don't stick around like that if you're a bad coach.

Like I said, he wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'll let Reid build his staff and go from there.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

All that said, I really hope we get Toub. That would be such a great hire. I love Toub, I like Pederson a lot, and I'm ok with Sutton.

Now I want them to get the Dorsey hiring as GM locked up and ready to go.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Toub would be a great addition and I trust Andy in the Pederson hire. I guess I've been through this too often to trust Andy with defensive coaches. Other than Jim Johnson, his track record isn't that good. Sean McDermott and Juan Castillo weren't exactly home run hires.

I'd hate to see the offense prosper and the defense go to hell. It's deja vu all over again.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oaching-staff/

Quote:
The Chiefs has announced the names of some of the men who will assist Reid in 2013. As previously reported, Doug Pederson will come over from Philadelphia to be the offensive coordinator while Bob Sutton will leave the Jets to run the defense. The running backs coach will be Eric Bieniemy, whose hiring has also been previously reported.

The rest of the staff is made up of Tommy Brasher (Defensive Line), Travis Crittenden (Assistant Strength and Conditioning), David Culley (Assistant Head Coach/Wide Receivers), Mike Frazier (Statistical Analysis Coordinator), Corey Matthaei (Quality Control), Tom Melvin (Tight Ends), Matt Nagy (Quarterbacks), Britt Reid (Quality Control) and Barry Rubin (Head Strength and Conditioning).

Im pleased we were able to get all of these coaches on board, Reid said in a statement from the team. I have relationships with each of them, and I know their past experiences, work ethics and coaching styles. These are high-character coaches, and each one brings something different to the table for us.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

It sounds like Gary Gibbs and Emmitt Thomas are staying. That's good.