Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Vick turned the ball over as much if not more then Cassel...that's saying something
Meh that's nothing. Tony Romo threw nearly as much as both of them combined and he's a GREAT quarterback!

Just like Reid, Vick had a bad couple of seasons. Their injured OL did them no favors.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@RapSheet
Landed in LA, this may be out there: Hearing Andy Reid is telling people he hopes to bring bothe Tom Heckert & Packers exec John Dorsey to KC
Old 01-04-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
@RapSheet
Landed in LA, this may be out there: Hearing Andy Reid is telling people he hopes to bring bothe Tom Heckert & Packers exec John Dorsey to KC
Dorsey to KC without veto power? Very interesting.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course he said he wants both. There's no way both want to go, though. Makes absolutely no sense for Dorsey to leave Green Bay for a lateral move.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dorsey would be going as the GM it sounds like
Old 01-04-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're pretty likely to bring back both Albert and Bowe. Both want to stay and have always wanted to stay. Really sounded like Bowe's agent was the driving force behind nothing getting down last off-season. I'm wagering that Dwayne will be far less-inclined to sit back while his agent plays hardball with his livlihood again.

With those two, the team has a lot of "plus" players.

RB: Charles, Gray (his lack of playing time was criminal)
WR: Breaston, Bowe, McCluster
TE: Moeaki, Maneri (blocking)
OT: Winston, Albert, Stephenson
OG: Allen, Asamoah
C: Hudson

DL: Poe, Pitoitua, Bailey
LB: Hali, Houston, Johnson, Siler
CB: Arenas, Flowers
S: Lewis, Berry

K: Succup
P: Colquitt

"Plus" players being at least good players that definitely have a legitimate role on any roster in the NFL. That's half the roster and all but a couple starters.

Then there are fringe/developmental guys that are already on the roster that could either step up and be plus players, be decent contributors, or not so much either...

RB: Draughn
FB: DiMarco
WR: Baldwin, Wylie, Newsome

DL: Toribio, Powe
LB: Studebaker, Jones
DB: Brown (who is a plus player if you count special teams), McCarthy, Elam, Menzie, Daniels

Didn't include Boss because he's likely done. Didn't include Jackson or Dorsey because both are up in the air and I'm not sure how Jackson even fits into whatever defense they'll run.

This is an instant 7+ win team. Should be more, but we'll keep expectations low for the transition year.

I'm assuming they'll go to a big 4-man front. They have the bigs, but need a couple DEs (depth). They need a CB to push Arenas & Brown. They need a S to compete with Lewis and Berry - mostly because Lewis is always injured. Offensively, they need a backup G and a backup C. They need a TE to compete with Moeaki and a thumper RB. Obviously they need a QB. I think they bring in Kafka as a backup and keep Stanzi for his competition (and grab someone else to be the #3 if he fails again, but I think Reid will like Ricky enough to give him a shot in camp).

Most all of that is simply depth. It's not a difficult transition at all. The difficult part will be for Dorsey/Heckert to resist blowing the entirety of the cap space Pioli created and screwing themselves for future years.

Last edited by nepg : 01-04-2013 at 10:30 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will be interesting to see Reid's mark on this team. Andy loves loves LOVES drafting undersized but lightning fast players, both on offense and defense.

Look at the Eagles, they're a team of elves. But they're fast. That's Reid's philosophy, fast undersized defense, fast undersized skill position players on offense who can stretch the field.

KC doesn't have the WRs he likes, and their defense is a little bigger than he prefers, but I think he'll like the front line a lot.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't be shocked if he first tries his QB magic on Cassel before bringing in a 1st round QB sometime down the road. So Cassel may well be his starting QB.
I think he will draft OL and DL and maybe a WR. That's his style. No doubt he will switch to a 4-3 defense so changes will be most apparent there.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I won't be shocked if he first tries his QB magic on Cassel before bringing in a 1st round QB sometime down the road. So Cassel may well be his starting QB.
I think he will draft OL and DL and maybe a WR. That's his style. No doubt he will switch to a 4-3 defense so changes will be most apparent there.
I would be REALLY shocked if Cassel is his QB. I'd be shocked if Cassel is even on the team next year.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't assume that he switches to a 4-3 defense either. He could very well stick with a 3-4.

Although the transition to a 4-3 wouldn't be dramatic for the Chiefs. They already have the DL for it with Hali, Dorsey, Poe and Houston. The secondary is the secondary. Would just have to redo the LB core.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd be shocked if Cassell is his starting QB next year. And as for defense Reid is an offensive guy, I believe whoever he brings in to run the defense he will let them do it. And I mentioned it before, it's not really as important between 43 and 34, more important is the techniques he has the front playing

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I would be REALLY shocked if Cassel is his QB. I'd be shocked if Cassel is even on the team next year.
Reid is a magician with QB's so why draft a doubtful one with the 1st overall pick and not try to bring his magic touch to Cassel. Cassel won 10 games with an offensive HC before.
I see him drafting a QB in round 3/4 and trying to develop him for the future.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson are lightyears ahead of Cassel in terms of overall skill at the position. That's why you draft one.

And with a weak QB class I don't get why people keep saying the Chiefs should draft the 5th or 6th best QB in the draft instead of getting the BEST QB in the draft.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wouldn't assume that he switches to a 4-3 defense either. He could very well stick with a 3-4.

Although the transition to a 4-3 wouldn't be dramatic for the Chiefs. They already have the DL for it with Hali, Dorsey, Poe and Houston. The secondary is the secondary. Would just have to redo the LB core.
Reid isn't Tomlin, he's been a HC for a long time and won't hire a 3-4 DC. KC will absolutely be playing a 4-3. It is what he understands and believes in.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Reid isn't Tomlin, he's been a HC for a long time and won't hire a 3-4 DC. KC will absolutely be playing a 4-3. It is what he understands and believes in.
I disagree with this completely too. He believed in what Jim Johnson believed. Since Johnson passed his defenses have been average at best. He should see that our personnel is best suited for the 3-4 and act accordingly.

I hope.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson are lightyears ahead of Cassel in terms of overall skill at the position. That's why you draft one.

And with a weak QB class I don't get why people keep saying the Chiefs should draft the 5th or 6th best QB in the draft instead of getting the BEST QB in the draft.
Any other HC and I would be in complete agreement with you minus Wilson who I think isn't a top 25 prospect. However, Andy Reid is a genius at getting production out of his QB's and Haley got a lot out of Cassel(10 wins). I think Reid will believe he can do even better and face it, there isn't a QB worth a top 5 pick in this year's draft. Reid might change his mind in the post season if one clearly jumps ahead of the field but right now, I think he goes in a different direction and uses a latter round pick on a developmental QB.
You have to face the Reid reality, he is a QB guru who believes strongly in his ability to get the most out of a QB. He knows Cassel brought Haley 10 wins and he may want to see if he can get the most out of Cassel and with no clear cut QB ranked in the top 5, he may well wait another year before taking a risky QB with the #1 overall pick should things go wrong with Cassel.
I'm 100% with you in the 'Golden Rule', if you do not have a franchise QB, you draft one every chance you get till you find one, but Reid isn't a normal HC when it comes to QB's, so we'll just have to see what direction he takes. Right now, I think it isn't a foregone conclusion that he'll draft a QB.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I disagree with this completely too. He believed in what Jim Johnson believed. Since Johnson passed his defenses have been average at best. He should see that our personnel is best suited for the 3-4 and act accordingly.

I hope.
Sorry to bring you down to earth, but experienced HC's don't change their spots for any reason. In hiring Reid, you get a HC who runs a certain offense, smaller, quicker RB's, solid OL's(high draft picks if necessary) and fast WR's and quick TE's and a QB who he knows he can get production out of. On defense, he is strickly a 4-3 guy, period and he isn't going to change for anybody. He'll draft DL till he gets the one he wants and doesn't mind using his #1 pick on them. This is Andy Reid so get used to it, he has a track record which he rarely varies from and at his age, he is going to stick with what he knows works for him.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
All this stuff you said
Ok, so instead of drafting a QB who is a hell of a lot more talented, this QB guru is going to roll with one who flat out sucks. Why not get the best out of a more talented QB, when you can get the "best" out of a ****** one? Woah, that makes SO much sense!

Old 01-05-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing we do know is that Reid likes drafting QB's (or at leas the eagles did while he was there). Now that he's in a position to get the QB of his choice, I think he'll jump at the chance to grab whoever ends up being the consensus #1 pick.

I'm not even sure why someone would take the KC job without knowing that they HAVE to draft a QB this year.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

It'd take a lot to get Cassel out of the hole he fell into. He fell apart under the pressure of having to step up to the next level on the field. The guy was/is mentally broken. I don't expect him to be back because there are huge cap savings to be had by letting him go, but I wouldn't be shocked if Reid wanted to give him a look like Harbaugh did with Alex Smith.

And it's not that this QB class is necessarily weak, it's just really murky trying to figure out who has the best chance to be really good. It's filled with guys that have franchise QB tools or were very productive, but there really isn't a guy that has both of those things going for him along with an obvious "it" factor.

The Chiefs will draft a QB #1. It's the only flat-out need on this team.

As for the WRs thiefs have, Breaston, McCluster, and Wylie all fit really well into what Reid likes to do. Bowe gives him that TO factor to his offense that he had when it was at its best, and Baldwin still has a lot of potential. Again, these guys were all horribly mis- or under-used by Daboll.

Last edited by nepg : 01-05-2013 at 01:42 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry to bring you down to earth, but experienced HC's don't change their spots for any reason. In hiring Reid, you get a HC who runs a certain offense, smaller, quicker RB's, solid OL's(high draft picks if necessary) and fast WR's and quick TE's and a QB who he knows he can get production out of. On defense, he is strickly a 4-3 guy, period and he isn't going to change for anybody. He'll draft DL till he gets the one he wants and doesn't mind using his #1 pick on them. This is Andy Reid so get used to it, he has a track record which he rarely varies from and at his age, he is going to stick with what he knows works for him.
Reid has shown a tendancy to draft defensive linemen, particularly DTs, in the first round but your assumptions are a little off base. Andy Reid's first draft pick in Philadelphia was Donovan McNabb. He got his QB who he was very successful with for pretty much ten years then built in the trenches

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Reid will change the system because he holds the highest role for landing a new GM. None of GM has known another than WCO and 4-3.

This should be good news for Hali and Houston. Both appear to be too heavy to play in space.

I have my doubt about Bowe and Baldwin on the same roster. That is why I mentioned DeAndre Hopkins.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ok, so instead of drafting a QB who is a hell of a lot more talented, this QB guru is going to roll with one who flat out sucks. Why not get the best out of a more talented QB, when you can get the "best" out of a ****** one? Woah, that makes SO much sense!
We are talking about the #1 overall pick, the last I checked the top QB in the draft has a 15-20 ranking, now the post season may change that but that is the facts right now and Reid may not want to put his eggs into a 15th to 20th ranked prospect. He may choose to wait till round 2 or 3 to find his guy or gamble that next year will offer him better value for a QB.
Sure, if we were talking about a Luck, RG111 or a Wilson, he might well draft one but we aren't. There are zero guarantees that a QB in this year's draft will turnout to be a true franchise QB, the odds are quite low.
On the other hand Reid definitely believes he can get production out of any QB and Cassel brought home 10 victories for Haley, another QB guru, so Reid may believe he can even improve upon Haley's production and get more wins out of Cassel. I think it is a risk he is willing to take based on his past record.
I think he will draft a complete stud for his defense and take a gamble with the QB position. It is just my thought based on his track record, your basing your choices on your experience with the KC personnel. We'll see on draft day who is right.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reid is going to pick a QB - it's what he does best - develop QBs. Can't wait to hear KC fans whine about Reid throwing the ball too much and neglecting the running game though...hehe
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
We are talking about the #1 overall pick, the last I checked the top QB in the draft has a 15-20 ranking, now the post season may change that but that is the facts right now and Reid may not want to put his eggs into a 15th to 20th ranked prospect. He may choose to wait till round 2 or 3 to find his guy or gamble that next year will offer him better value for a QB.
Sure, if we were talking about a Luck, RG111 or a Wilson, he might well draft one but we aren't. There are zero guarantees that a QB in this year's draft will turnout to be a true franchise QB, the odds are quite low.
On the other hand Reid definitely believes he can get production out of any QB and Cassel brought home 10 victories for Haley, another QB guru, so Reid may believe he can even improve upon Haley's production and get more wins out of Cassel. I think it is a risk he is willing to take based on his past record.
I think he will draft a complete stud for his defense and take a gamble with the QB position. It is just my thought based on his track record, your basing your choices on your experience with the KC personnel. We'll see on draft day who is right.
You lost me at Haley being a QB guru, because he is anything but. Haley was a WR coach, not a QB "guru" as you called him. And the Chiefs won 10 games because Charlie Weis made Cassel better, not Todd Haley.

And for all the crap people talk about there being no guarantees any QBs this year are any good, there are no guarantees that ANY PLAYER IN ANY YEAR WILL BE ANY GOOD. That argument falls flat.