Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 16,557
Reputation: 2135248
nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Reid will change the system because he holds the highest role for landing a new GM. None of GM has known another than WCO and 4-3.

This should be good news for Hali and Houston. Both appear to be too heavy to play in space.

I have my doubt about Bowe and Baldwin on the same roster. That is why I mentioned DeAndre Hopkins.
Houston developed very quickly into a full-on linebacker, and that's what he'd likely do in a switch to a 4-3. Think: Von Miller.
__________________
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wallaceburg, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,410
Reputation: 332415
Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Reid has shown a tendancy to draft defensive linemen, particularly DTs, in the first round but your assumptions are a little off base. Andy Reid's first draft pick in Philadelphia was Donovan McNabb. He got his QB who he was very successful with for pretty much ten years then built in the trenches
As I mentioned earlier, the top ranked QB in this year's draft prior to the post season lies currently in the 15-20 range and I cannot see Reid taking one with the #1 overall pick. now if one jumps out and finishes the post season ranked in the top 5, that is a whole different story.
I agree, if there were a QB in this year's draft that Reid really believed was a top rated QB, he would likely go in that direction, but there isn't at this point.
Reid isn't going to pass on a real stud at another position to draft a shaky QB, he'll first test out his abilities on Cassel to see if he can get real production out of him.
Of course, he could trade back quit a bit and take a QB or take one in round 2 or 3 depending on who he likes but I cannot see him using the #1 overall pick on a low rated QB.
I don't know how he feels about Cassel, only Reid knows that, but I am pretty sure he won't use the #1 overall pick on a QB who isn't ranked in the top 10, preferably in the top 5.
__________________
And proud of it!!!
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,886
Reputation: 23226
NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Chiefs franchise took a nosedive when Charlie Weis left. Its amazing Matt Cassel was a pro bowl/playoff QB under him.
__________________
Taking a Knapp.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boxscorescouting.com
Posts: 5,876
Reputation: 1705893
AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
As I mentioned earlier, the top ranked QB in this year's draft prior to the post season lies currently in the 15-20 range and I cannot see Reid taking one with the #1 overall pick. now if one jumps out and finishes the post season ranked in the top 5, that is a whole different story.
I agree, if there were a QB in this year's draft that Reid really believed was a top rated QB, he would likely go in that direction, but there isn't at this point.
Reid isn't going to pass on a real stud at another position to draft a shaky QB, he'll first test out his abilities on Cassel to see if he can get real production out of him.
Of course, he could trade back quit a bit and take a QB or take one in round 2 or 3 depending on who he likes but I cannot see him using the #1 overall pick on a low rated QB.
I don't know how he feels about Cassel, only Reid knows that, but I am pretty sure he won't use the #1 overall pick on a QB who isn't ranked in the top 10, preferably in the top 5.
QB is always inflated value-wise in the draft. There are no Andrew Luck's or RG3's in this draft, but I know of a lot of people, myself included (not that my opinions or evaluations mean a great deal) who didn't think Cam Newton was a top player in the draft 2 years ago. QBs always gravitate towards the top of the draft to the point it is a shock when a QB is not chosen first overall.

Even if Reid doesn't like Geno or any other QB, who does he take?

Won't take Joeckel IMO. I think they keep Albert and they paid Winston big money.

Star makes some sense if they go to a 43, however I don't think that is for certain.

Werner doesn't make much sense with both Hali and Houston

Too early for Te'o

There is no clearly defined best player of the draft at this point. Due to the fact that QB's always get overdrafted and the Chiefs have a gigantic need for a QB I would still be shocked if he doesn't take one, unless he pulls of a trade for someone or picks a guy like Alex Smith up as a stop gap
__________________


BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wallaceburg, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,410
Reputation: 332415
Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You lost me at Haley being a QB guru, because he is anything but. Haley was a WR coach, not a QB "guru" as you called him. And the Chiefs won 10 games because Charlie Weis made Cassel better, not Todd Haley.

And for all the crap people talk about there being no guarantees any QBs this year are any good, there are no guarantees that ANY PLAYER IN ANY YEAR WILL BE ANY GOOD. That argument falls flat.
Sorry but scouts and GM's are actually quite good for the most part at identifying talent. Sure not every one is equal in that regard but for the most part, the better one are usually right on when appraising talent in round 1.

As for Haley, he was the OC for Arizona and got the most out of Kurt Warner when everybody had given up on him. He was hired recently by Pittsburgh as OC to help Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh and is being considered by Arizona for their HCing position, a team notoriously weak at QB. While HCing KC with Cassel at QB, he got 10 wins out of him. His resume with QB's looks solid to me.
__________________
And proud of it!!!
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wallaceburg, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,410
Reputation: 332415
Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
QB is always inflated value-wise in the draft. There are no Andrew Luck's or RG3's in this draft, but I know of a lot of people, myself included (not that my opinions or evaluations mean a great deal) who didn't think Cam Newton was a top player in the draft 2 years ago. QBs always gravitate towards the top of the draft to the point it is a shock when a QB is not chosen first overall.

Even if Reid doesn't like Geno or any other QB, who does he take?

Won't take Joeckel IMO. I think they keep Albert and they paid Winston big money.

Star makes some sense if they go to a 43, however I don't think that is for certain.

Werner doesn't make much sense with both Hali and Houston

Too early for Te'o

There is no clearly defined best player of the draft at this point. Due to the fact that QB's always get overdrafted and the Chiefs have a gigantic need for a QB I would still be shocked if he doesn't take one, unless he pulls of a trade for someone or picks a guy like Alex Smith up as a stop gap
I think you are forgetting how much production he gets out of the QB position and I think he will look at Cassel the last time he had a QB HC and see he produced 10 wins. He may well be willing to see how much he can get out of Cassel and take a developmental QB in round 2 or 3, or even wait till next year to draft a QB when the value fits the need.
Reid is no fool and won't overdraft a QB with the #1 overall pick who he doesn't see as a top 5 prospect. He isn't the Tennessee, Jacksonville or Minny GM. He's run the Philly draft for many years and made the playoffs 9 times.
I'd say Lotulelie and To'e are possibilities.
__________________
And proud of it!!!
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,718
Reputation: 1181239
Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Reid isn't Tomlin, he's been a HC for a long time and won't hire a 3-4 DC. KC will absolutely be playing a 4-3. It is what he understands and believes in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
On defense, he is strickly a 4-3 guy, period and he isn't going to change for anybody.
That's ridiculous. If Andy Reid ran the defense you might have a point, but he's an offensive guy. I doubt he cares all that much which defensive scheme is run as long as it's productive.

Yeah his teams have always ran a 4-3, but that's because he had the same defensive coordinator for the first 10 years. Then when they had to move on they promoted McDermott who had spent his whole career coaching that defense, so of course he was going to try and run the same thing.

It's pretty much all about the coordinator and the players in place, not Andy Reid.

Mike McCarthy had run a 4-3 for a few years, then he hires Dom Capers and they're a 3-4 team now. The Patriots have moved between systems and Belichick is a defensive guy. Good coaches make adjustments.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Welcome back to my ranch ya turds.
Posts: 28,555
Reputation: 8570635
vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
As for Haley, he was the OC for Arizona and got the most out of Kurt Warner when everybody had given up on him. He was hired recently by Pittsburgh as OC to help Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh and is being considered by Arizona for their HCing position, a team notoriously weak at QB. While HCing KC with Cassel at QB, he got 10 wins out of him. His resume with QB's looks solid to me.
Sorry, in no way is Haley a QB guru. And for the second time, Charlie Weis got Matt Cassel and the Chiefs to 10 wins, not Haley. You're wrong here.
__________________


** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 16,557
Reputation: 2135248
nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Jeff Rutledge was the QB coach for Warner with the Cardinals. He coaches HS Football now.

And, to be fair to IAC...if his facts were better, he'd have a decent argument. Cassel did great with coordinators that were former QB coaches in Josh McDaniels and Charlie Weis. The rumored OC coming to KC is Pat Shurmur, who was the QB coach for the Eagles during their really good run.
__________________

Last edited by nepg : 01-05-2013 at 04:29 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ain't know one ***** with tiny hippo. ain't no one
Posts: 29,155
Reputation: 4401533
fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Sorry but scouts and GM's are actually quite good for the most part at identifying talent. Sure not every one is equal in that regard but for the most part, the better one are usually right on when appraising talent in round 1.

As for Haley, he was the OC for Arizona and got the most out of Kurt Warner when everybody had given up on him. He was hired recently by Pittsburgh as OC to help Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh and is being considered by Arizona for their HCing position, a team notoriously weak at QB. While HCing KC with Cassel at QB, he got 10 wins out of him. His resume with QB's looks solid to me.
Don't think we have any actual interest in him, it would just look bad if we didn't at least ask Pittsburgh for permission after his offense carried us to the Superbowl
__________________

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: There's no place I can be since I found Serenity.
Posts: 20,763
Reputation: 2041711
Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It'd take a lot to get Cassel out of the hole he fell into. He fell apart under the pressure of having to step up to the next level on the field. The guy was/is mentally broken. I don't expect him to be back because there are huge cap savings to be had by letting him go, but I wouldn't be shocked if Reid wanted to give him a look like Harbaugh did with Alex Smith.
That's cute. Your BFF is as good as gone.
__________________
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 16,557
Reputation: 2135248
nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
That's cute. Your BFF is as good as gone.
Her look everyone! It's Splat trying to start ****! You're a ******* tool, dude. All you ever post are regurgitations from the local radio retards. I look at things from all perspectives and try to make mostly objective posts that reflect various perspectives.

But you want to ignore everything I've said about Cassel and just attack me. Go back to the little kids table. Your lack of perspective and ability to think for yourself is cringe-worthy.
__________________

Last edited by nepg : 01-05-2013 at 06:26 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: There's no place I can be since I found Serenity.
Posts: 20,763
Reputation: 2041711
Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Her look everyone! It's Splat trying to start ****! You're a ******* tool, dude. All you ever post are regurgitations from the local radio retards. I look at things from all perspectives and try to make mostly objective posts that reflect various perspectives.

But you want to ignore everything I've said about Cassel and just attack me. Go back to the little kids table. Your lack of perspective and ability to think for yourself is cringe-worthy.
Because everything you have said about him is flat out wrong. Thy guy is NOT a good QB period. Everyone besides you knows this to be a fact.

You have blamed everyone under the moon besides Matt Cassel for his bad play and it's a freaking joke.

It's always the coaches didn't do enough or the players around him aren't good enough. How about he just sucks at football? You ever think of that?

I think Matt Cassel is a great guy and a good teammate he just has no business whatsoever being a starting QB.
__________________
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.