Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-05-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Mike Glennon somewhat similar to Nick Foles?
Roddoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
Isn't Mike Glennon somewhat similar to Nick Foles?
I'd say somewhat. Foles is better at moving around in the pocket. Glennon has a bigger arm but that's not a bad comparison.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Numbers doesn't mean he'll translate tot he NFL. I saw a lot of crossing routes and YAC racked up by Bailey and Austin. the RG III comparison is terrible if you actually watch them both. RG III is eventually going to have to run an NFL offense, so don't put all this stock into 1 year at the NFL level.

Honestly, Kansas City is in a pickle. Pretty tough choice.

Went back to watch Tyler Wilson, and honestly, I wasn't impressed with his decision making and accuracy towards the outside and intermediate routes. A lot of short crossing routes as well.

Glennon might be the best QB from this class, but I definately do not see #1 overall pick potential. My best guess, normally, is to go the veteran route, a p[roven guy like Alex Smith and selecting Luke joeckel. The Cheifs have a very good overall team built to the point, I can see them winning 10 games next year with Reid.

Alex Smith has shown he can win in this league. I wouldn't waste the #1 overall pick on a suspect QB. get the BPA. Albert may walk in Free Agency and Joeckel is absolutely a monster.
Again, the Chiefs have been there and done that far too many times. And it just simply does not work with this franchise. I don't know how many backup QBs acquired from other teams only to fail it's going to take for people to finally get the fact that that method of trying to fix the QB position for this team just will not work. I don't care about what other teams do. The Chiefs cannot continue to rely on trying to find their franchise QB from the depth chart of other teams.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:55 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Tyler Wilson should be the pick. He has the athleticism, the arm, and the moxie and I think he'll be a better player in the league than Geno. I like Nassib and Dysert as later round options and I think the Chiefs should take 2 QBs this year (they need 3 new ones).

That said, if this weren't such a QB favored league, Luke Joeckel would and should be the 1st overall pick. Best player and plays a premium position. It was asked what would happen if the Chiefs took Joeckel and Albert didn't walk? Joeckel and Albert give the Chiefs stud bookend tackles that pass block better than Eric Winston, who is much more of a power, run-oriented tackle who was a much better fit under the Romeo Crennel, run first offense. Andy Reid will be slinging the ball around, the Chiefs need to be able to protect the quarterback.

Tyler Wilson still needs to be the pick though.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:16 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno Smith is going to be the pick IMO. He's the best fit for Reid's offense.

Here's why:

-WCO needs an accurate QB. Geno is by far the most accurate and has great touch on the ball.

-WCO offense also needs a good decision maker. Geno had only 20 INT's total in 3 years as a starter.

-Geno is mobile which is what Reid loves (Wilson is too though).

-The WCO is no stranger to spread QB's. Kevin Kolb was picked by Reid and last April the Holmgren and the Browns (Childress was OC and is rumored to be KC's next OC) picked Brandon Weeden, who was a spread QB and is similar to Geno in a lot of ways minus mobility.

-Geno is a very good intermediate thrower as he puts great accuracy on those throws which is extremely important.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Geno Smith will be the next Donovan McNabb for Reid.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The FA market sucks for starting QB's this year and at best is filled with some decent back-ups.

No matter how meh this draft class is for QB's, KC has to take one. I think Glennon or Wilson could be fine but in the end I think it is Geno Smith.
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think KC will draft a QB at #1 overall, trade back 10-12 spots and you have an argument but not #1 overall. There simply is no QB worth a top 10 pick and to reach for one is just wishful thinking for KC fans. Just the wrong year to have the #1 overall pick for a team needing a QB.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I don't think KC will draft a QB at #1 overall, trade back 10-12 spots and you have an argument but not #1 overall. There simply is no QB worth a top 10 pick and to reach for one is just wishful thinking for KC fans. Just the wrong year to have the #1 overall pick for a team needing a QB.
I don't think this is a draft in which people are going to want to trade up, especially to #1. While the contract isn't that big of a deal, the price in draft picks is really steep. There isn't that one guy that anyone is clamoring over...no QB, no AJ Green, no freak DT. And, while you could make the argument for Joeckel, if there is a position that is really deep in this draft it is linemen, especially on the offensive side. I guess what I'm saying is there will be a top tier of players, probably 8-10 deep, but there may not be any that separate themselves, and the dropoff to the next tier will not be great. A more likely trade scenario would be if one of those top 10 guys were to fall into the teens. Then you might have teams in the 20's start looking to move up.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I don't think this is a draft in which people are going to want to trade up, especially to #1. While the contract isn't that big of a deal, the price in draft picks is really steep. There isn't that one guy that anyone is clamoring over...no QB, no AJ Green, no freak DT. And, while you could make the argument for Joeckel, if there is a position that is really deep in this draft it is linemen, especially on the offensive side. I guess what I'm saying is there will be a top tier of players, probably 8-10 deep, but there may not be any that separate themselves, and the dropoff to the next tier will not be great. A more likely trade scenario would be if one of those top 10 guys were to fall into the teens. Then you might have teams in the 20's start looking to move up.
I agree completely with you, Star Lotulelie is the only standout in this draft and teams rarely trade up and pay a steep price for anybody except a QB. It is therefore unlikely that KC can trade the pick which makes drafting a QB in round 1 unlikely. That leaves KC with 3 options at QB:
1) see what a QB guru like Reid can do with Cassel
2) sign say an Alex Smith, as a stop gap
3) draft a QB in round 2 to compete with Cassel

I see no other options for KC.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 01-08-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
hahahahahahahahaha! Nice pick, Russ Lande!
Thanks for that Captain Hindsight. Hey, Te'o played terrible. He showed he was more Demeco Ryans than Patrick Willis. Still, one game. Not the best time to have your worst game of the year though. Still don't like Geno Smith.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree completely with you, Star Lotulelie is the only standout in this draft and teams rarely trade up and pay a steep price for anybody except a QB. It is therefore unlikely that KC can trade the pick which makes drafting a QB in round 1 is unlikely. That leaves KC with 3 options at QB:
1) see what a QB guru like Reid can do with Cassel
2) sign say an Alex Smith, as a stop gap
3) draft a QB in round 2 to compete with Cassel

I see no other options for KC.
I've read a lot of your posts lately and you always seem to be dead wrong about everything you say. It's weird, but at least you're consistent.

As for your "options":

1) No. Cassel is gone. His confidence is shot, and the confidence these players had for him is gone.
2) A stop gap is what the Chiefs have done for three decades. We've got to be done with stopgaps or we'll continue to be a non factor.
3) See 1, Cassel will be gone. And in a weak QB class, you're advocating drafting the 5th best QB instead of the BEST QB in the draft? That makes absolutely zero sense.

There is no such thing as value when your franchise QB is concerned and you don't pass on one if you don't have one. You might not see a franchise QB in this class, but I'm guessing that Reid and co. will see it differently.

And please, since I've been asking this of everyone who has said the Chiefs shouldn't draft a QB 1st overall, who would you take?

OT? Not a need.
OLB? Not a need.
DT? Nope.
No WR or RB worthy of taking this high.

The only option the Chiefs have is QB. There is no other position that will impact this team more. Nothing will even come close. The Chiefs have no QB on the roster that will be here next year. They need to draft and develop their own guy.

And until the Chiefs get that QB in here, no other position matters. If you don't have a franchise QB, you're a non factor. Period.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The Chiefs have no QB on the roster that will be here next year. They need to draft and develop their own guy.

And until the Chiefs get that QB in here, no other position matters. If you don't have a franchise QB, you're a non factor. Period.

Stanzi will start AND win the Chiefs a super bowl!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broth, pls go.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Det can sign Stanzi since he won't be on the Chiefs roster next season.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

The only option the Chiefs have is QB. There is no other position that will impact this team more. Nothing will even come close. The Chiefs have no QB on the roster that will be here next year. They need to draft and develop their own guy.

I don't disagree with you, normally if I were KC, a QB would top my list but what does a team do when there just isn't one worth taking at #1 overall or top 10 or top 15 and that is what this draft offers.
I seriously doubt Reid will use that #1 overall pick on a QB he has little faith in to be a true franchise QB no matter what the KC fans want.

Reid has a strong belief from experience, that he can develop QB's and he isn't going to shy away from the risks, he's in charge of the draft, that is a given with the demise of Pioli, it all rests on his shoulders. He won't care what happened in the past with KC, he'll only follow his own experience and he develops QB's who are effective in his system.

Harbough knew about Alex Smith's previous failures but he went with Alex Smith against San Fran's fans wishes and drafted a QB in round 2 who he believed he could develop and I can see Reid doing the exact same thing with Cassel or signing Smith as a stop gap and drafting a QB in round 2.

Just because you are a fan of KC, doesn't mean you know what Reid will do, I know if it was a usual draft year with a QB ranked in the top 5, you would be right on but this is not a usual draft year and what I am suggesting is not out of the question. I have never seen a team draft a QB ranked top 20 with the #1 overall pick, that is too far of a reach and you are just going to have to live with that fact. Now if a QB comes out of the post season with a top 5 ranking then my whole argument falls apart, but until then, you are just going to have to accept the possibility that KC will go in a different direction even if you hate the idea.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't disagree with you, normally if I were KC, a QB would top my list but what does a team do when there just isn't one worth taking at #1 overall or top 10 or top 15 and that is what this draft offers.
I seriously doubt Reid will use that #1 overall pick on a QB he has little faith in to be a true franchise QB no matter what the KC fans want.

Reid has a strong belief from experience, that he can develop QB's and he isn't going to shy away from the risks, he's in charge of the draft, that is a given with the demise of Pioli, it all rests on his shoulders. He won't care what happened in the past with KC, he'll only follow his own experience and he develops QB's who are effective in his system.

Harbough knew about Alex Smith's previous failures but he went with Alex Smith against San Fran's fans wishes and drafted a QB in round 2 who he believed he could develop and I can see Reid doing the exact same thing with Cassel or signing Smith as a stop gap and drafting a QB in round 2.

Just because you are a fan of KC, doesn't mean you know what Reid will do, I know if it was a usual draft year with a QB ranked in the top 5, you would be right on but this is not a usual draft year and what I am suggesting is not out of the question. I have never seen a team draft a QB ranked top 20 with the #1 overall pick, that is too far of a reach and you are just going to have to live with that fact. Now if a QB comes out of the post season with a top 5 ranking then my whole argument falls apart, but until then, you are just going to have to accept the possibility that KC will go in a different direction even if you hate the idea.
Well said. I have more confidence in Reid passing on a QB than I would've if Pioli were still in charge.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

It must be asked, what if McCarron changes his mind and comes out early? He's come up big time in 2 straight title games, passed for just shy of 3000 with a 30-3 TD-Int ratio. Despite the fact that his face looks like he's 12, he's got an NFL body. Yes, he's got an NFL offensive line, 2 stud running backs, and a brilliant coach, but the guy just gets it done.

Thoughts?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

IAC, I've asked you three times: who do the Chiefs take if not a QB? Who?

Old 01-08-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...ith-geno-smith

Quote:
West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith announced he will bypass the Senior Bowl.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that doesn't seem very smart...

He could hurt his stock, but he is hardly a lock to go #1 overall. I definitely be playing in the Senior Bowl.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Det can sign Stanzi since he won't be on the Chiefs roster next season.
Stanzi for Kellen Moore strait up!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
SAGA45
Rookie

SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
It must be asked, what if McCarron changes his mind and comes out early? He's come up big time in 2 straight title games, passed for just shy of 3000 with a 30-3 TD-Int ratio. Despite the fact that his face looks like he's 12, he's got an NFL body. Yes, he's got an NFL offensive line, 2 stud running backs, and a brilliant coach, but the guy just gets it done.

Thoughts?
I need his girlfriend
SAGA45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post

Thoughts?
He's pretty slight, and I don't think his height is a bit lower than listed. I like him, but I don't know about him as an NFL starter at this point. Looks like a really good backup. I'd like to see him go back to Alabama and get bigger and use the off-season to get bigger and stronger. If he gets up to 225 and shows a better arm, he can be a really nice prospect.

The kind of things he needs to change just don't typically get done once a guy gets to the NFL.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do think Reid will keep Cassel or Stanzi.

Stanzi's had terrible work ethic, and simply didn't commit himself properly in the off-season. That's what showed up in pre-season. I ******* saw the guy around town with other guys that fell flat on their face this year when training camp was starting up. If Reid thinks he can change his attitude (he's arrogant - which could be a good thing if he was putting the work in), he could make something of the guy. I think Jim Zorn just absolutely failed the kid (not to take too much of the blame off of Stanzi) by not getting him ready for the off-season and not making sure he was doing what he needed to do in the off-season. Stanzi didn't have an off-season last year, and he didn't have the hard ass head coach or OC to stay on his ass in the off-season. He had Zorn. A lot of what's wrong with Stanzi is what was wrong with Vick. You still draft a QB, but if Reid wants to try to fix him, he's worth keeping as the 3rd QB on the roster.

With Cassel...I'm not sure if the damage is repairable. He's not necessarily a guy that doesn't fit in Reid's offense. The thing with Cassel is that he's smart, works hard, and can talk football at a really high level. Reid might fall in love with a lot of the classroom and off-the-field aspects of Cassel.

While I get IAC's argument (even though his presentation hasn't been very good), this is simply a situation where the team has to go QB. In a lot of drafts, there will be a guy that has interesting tools and could very well be the best (and not the "5th best") QB in the draft who slides because there are better-defined QBs that go ahead of him (think: Kaepernick or Aaron Brooks). However, this draft is filled with those tools guys and there really aren't defined guys that go ahead of the tools guys. And the Chiefs aren't a team with a ton of needs. They need a QB. They could "use" some other positions - like CB...but they NEED a QB.

The QB situation in this draft will clear itself up quite a bit in the next two months.