Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-04-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Third phase of the forum mock draft went down. Kind of a shocker, but I traded Miles Austin. *gasp* Yeah, I know... It wasn't easy trading him. For one, I know it takes away one of Tony's reliable weapons and he's had a very good impact for us.

Conversely, it wasn't easy trading him because other teams are very wary of his health and his contract. In fact, I had a deal with Jacksonville (Austin and our 2nd for their 2nd), but it was rejected by the trade commish because he felt JAX was making a mistake due to those reasons. Pissed me off cause I had a deal in place, but we moved on.

I also had interest in him from the Bengals, but it was weird because they never made an offer. Just wanted to know what it would take. I really didn't know what value he had, so I asked for a 4th. Probably too high now that I look back.

At the same time, I had interest in him from the Panthers too. They said they would offer a 4th and 5th right off the bat. I said yes to that, but then they backed off saying they didn't know about his contract. It's frustrating when people agree to a deal and then back off. So I asked for a 4th and 6th? Negative. It never went anywhere from there because I think once they saw his contract they just didn't want him anymore.

Finally, I was able to trade him to BUF but I had to package our 4th and 6th with him to move into the 3rd. At that point, I didn't like any of the NT options left on the board and felt like I needed to make a move. I had already traded Jay Ratliff (to TEN for a 4th) and Brent isn't coming back. NT has pain a thorn in my side for years now and Brandon Williams is one of my pet cats this year, so I made the trade.

Now with Austin's contracts off the books, I feel like the Cowboys can go out and sign another WR vet using the same money (or less) that we would've spent on Austin, roughly $7 Million next season. Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, Greg Jennings, Wes Welker head the FA list. Cuts could also open up the market.

Last edited by D-Unit : 01-04-2013 at 07:16 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another interesting tweet from Broaddus, when asked about how he felt about John Jenkins he responded he liked Sharif Floyd better. I'm not sure if he meant as a NT of 5-tech but interesting non the less. Ill go back and try to watch some film but he never really caught my eye in any Florida game I watched.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Another interesting tweet from Broaddus, when asked about how he felt about John Jenkins he responded he liked Sharif Floyd better. I'm not sure if he meant as a NT of 5-tech but interesting non the less. Ill go back and try to watch some film but he never really caught my eye in any Florida game I watched.
I talked to Scott a little on Jenkins. Thought he was very overrated. So I'm rollin' with that opinion too unless you find something.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I talked to Scott a little on Jenkins. Thought he was very overrated. So I'm rollin' with that opinion too unless you find something.
I understand the knocks on Jenkins, he is definitely a two down plugger who will never offer much in pass rush. He can fluctuate in weight which is a concern and was bowl ineligable because of graded which both lead to questions about work ethic. Won't be a fit for every team but he offers a solution to our major problems on defense. He is almost inmovable in the middle and can collapse the pocket from the inside out. That frees up our linebackers to make an even bigger impact in both the run game and edge rushing.

At 18 I agree that is probably too high for what he brings but if he slid into the second round he has good value IMO. If we stay where we are at in the first round Hankins might be an option if he is available, Ansah might be a sleeper for 5-tech but I'm still hoping for Cooper.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:17 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I understand the knocks on Jenkins, he is definitely a two down plugger who will never offer much in pass rush. He can fluctuate in weight which is a concern and was bowl ineligable because of graded which both lead to questions about work ethic. Won't be a fit for every team but he offers a solution to our major problems on defense. He is almost inmovable in the middle and can collapse the pocket from the inside out. That frees up our linebackers to make an even bigger impact in both the run game and edge rushing.

At 18 I agree that is probably too high for what he brings but if he slid into the second round he has good value IMO. If we stay where we are at in the first round Hankins might be an option if he is available, Ansah might be a sleeper for 5-tech but I'm still hoping for Cooper.
I'm right there with you. He's definitely too high for 18 and if he's there at our 2nd that's one of those players that you have to triple think on before you pass on him.

The one thing that keeps sticking out in my head is how much of a loss Brent was for us against Washington. What a wacky season this was. If not for that infamous night, Brent would've been right there helping us shut down the run like he did such a great job of during the season. Not him actually making the tackles... but him doing his job so well that he alters the Washington game plan or makes it easier for everyone else to make the tackles. Playoffs... All of our expectations come true! Bah. lol.

Getting a good NT is at the top of my list on defense. Ratliff is already an afterthought in my mind.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:59 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Jenkins in the 2nd would be nice...wouldn't touch him in the first. I really want ansah in the first the more I look at this class.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

I hope our scouts show up in force at senior bowl week, seems like there is a ton of talent this year. I'm kind of interested to see how Kyle Long performs at bot guard and tackle.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whats up fellas, ive read alot the comments on the thread and i agree with most of whats been said but ive reviewing alot of tape (midway thru the 1st quarter of alvin bailey OG of arkansas vs alabama). im going to go outside the box a little bit.

change defensive coordinators and move to an attacking 4-3 defense with some 3-4 looks to keep teams off balance. i think our personnel fits a 4-3 better without a true nose tackle and it allows to have our best pass rushers always rushing the qb.

in the draft im sure many will disagree with this....

1. Sheldon Richardson, perfect fit as 3 tech in 4-3 and could play some 5 tech in 3-4. imo a safety is not the piece that will take our defense to an elite level, its a gamewrecker in the middle of the line. richardson has that motor and toughness that we had in ratliff except he much more athletic ala geno atkins or a warren sapp. the more and more i look at the future of the nfc east with the redskins and that zone scheme his game perefectly fits to disrupt that blocking scheme bc he can consisently beat reach and cutoff blocks and get upfield to disrupt the timing of their run game which should allow ware and spencer to concentrate rg3 and allow carter and lee to flow to the ball downhill cleanly and shutdown their running game.

check out this article from draft-breakdown on him it wont let me directly post the link

2. Eric Reid S, he not the man to man cover safety that Vacarro, Elam, and Jeffson are but i see some Dashon Goldson in him. great instincts, disciplined and is always in the spots where he's supposed to be. with more disruption from the front line and improvement from Claiborne he would be allowed to just sit back use his instincts and make plays especially on tipped or inaccurate passes.Could be the final piece of a championship caliber defense

3. I could go with any of these guys.....

a) Gabe Jackson LG Mississippi State aka "Baby Warmack" alot like warmack but better at hitting second level targets, could be a 1st rounder next year if he stays he has yet to decide. here some film on him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rHiCPDt1M4 you could also look up Damontre Moore vs MSU on youtube he's the left guard #61

b) Barrett Jones versatile and solid overall, enough has been said about him already

c) Alvin Bailey junior OG from Arkansas, play both guards spot in Arkansas offense bc he always plays on the strong side he's big and strong and can move and hit second level targets and showed good awareness in pass protection vs Alabama, but needs to improve his technique and has a bad habit of stopping his feet and relying solely and size and upper body strength once locked on to a defender. all correctable but needs the most work out of the 3 but had strong upside. has the look of a Bill Callahan specialty

Dennis Johnson vs Ole Miss or the entire game film from Arkansas vs Alabama is on youtube to watch him remember he always plays on the strong side. he wears number 67

4 One of the two Marquess Wilson Washington State/Aaron Dobson Marshall both WR's

Wilson, second round talent but character questions after he quit the team arise. reminds me of laurent robinson but taller. if he pans out, a steal in the 4th round.

Dosbon, big reciever, raw as a route runner, but tremendous balls skills, and not explosive speed but build up speed and very fast once he gets going. similar to roy williams coming out of texas, but with hopefully a love and passion for the game something that roy lacked before the injuries, complacency and whining took over and ruined what could have a good career.Dobson wil be at the senior bowl btw.

with the lack of consistent and reliable talent outside of dez (and he's question mark now that the offseason has started) a wide reciever that can stretch the field and open up room for austin and witten in the middle and someone with actual talent to exploit one on one matchups on the outside would a great addition to the offense.

just take a look at the ball skills of Dobson, outside wr at the top of the screen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCdFFFAxLz0

5. Brandon Mcgee CB, only read the scouting reports on him but a bigger corner (5'11, 196) who plays the slot and can play on the outside give us tremendous depth at corner and competition.

6. Michael Williams TE, best blocker in the class and in the sixth round getting a player who can more than likely will make the roster with a defined role is as good as it gets in the sixth round

UDFA - Marquise Goodwin WR texas, raw but RG3 olympic speed would be instant upgrade as the main KR, bubble screens and reverses. Maybe be follow a similar path as Miles Austin, an UDFA wr to a starter. i've been watching this guy play since he was in high school at rowlett high with Damontre Moore also on that team. he was underutilized there and in college as well hopefully he goes undrafted and we get him, Jimmy Robinson would be ecstatic to work this guy.

tell me your thoughts and opinions and just remember im trying to go outside the norm of take cooper or take warmack in the first round, bc the cowboys are in love with costa and leary and parnell showed he has some ability to be a jermon bushrod type player

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 01-05-2013 at 05:25 PM.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
tell me your thoughts and opinions and just remember im trying to go outside the norm of take cooper or take warmack in the first round, bc the cowboys are in love with costa and leary and parnell showed he has some ability to be a jermon bushrod type player
Nice write up. I have no problems with thinking out of the box. But I have to think it'd be reeeeally out of the box for the Cowboys to fire Rob and hire a new DC. But Ryan ran the 4-3 in Oakland just fine. Rob is a guy who will adjust his scheme to play to his players strengths. We've seen that everywhere he's been. In Cleveland he ran the 3-4 and he used his DBs to blitz more than any team in the league. When he got here last year he tried to blitz a lot but it got us killed because we just didn't have a capable secondary, so he scaled back. This year we saw a very conservative bend but don't break defense. With the amount of injuries we had, it was the best he could do. I think it was a miracle that we held Washington to 21 points with 3 min to go in the 4th and a chance to tie or win when Lissemore was our NT rotating with Brian Schaefering... Brady Poppinga, Dan Connor, Ernie Sims at ILB... Michael Coe, Sterling Moore, Charlie Peprah, Eric Frampton, Danny McCray roaming our secondary and a one armed Demarcus Ware getting juked out of his shoes by RG3... it's really a quite a miracle.

The suggestion of Richardson and a move to the 4-3 is pretty cool outside of the box suggestion though. I haven't got a great read on Richardson. I do remember Barrett Jones handling him pretty good in that Bama game.

I haven't seen a mock yet where Eric Reid lasts to us in Round 2. Dobson and Wilson are good 4th round mentions for WR.

Can't say the Cowboys have anything more than development intentions for Leary. Not enough to erase their concerns by any means. Costa is too unreliable too. I think he's only had one great game in his entire career and that was the one he had this year. He might be the Bobby Carpenter of the OL. His one good game in Seattle bought him more time here than he deserved.

Overall nice thought process. I hope more people type up their thoughts.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

I think you might be a little to optimistic about guys falling into position for us to draft them. Richardson is the best 3-tech prospect in the draft and it is possible he blows up the combine, expect a Fletcher Cox type climb by the draft.

No possible way Reid falls all the way down to where we pick in the second round, I doubt he falls out of the first round. I could see him as a potential target in the first round if there isn't any trench players we have ranked high on the big board.

It would be silly for Jackson to declare if he doesn't get a top 50 nod from his agent. He has raw skill but is is a gamble to declare in a class with interior depth like this one when he could use another years worth of development. I know your not high on Barrett Jones but no way he even sniffs the third round.

It would be nice to get a big developmental WR in the mid rounds and some depth at corner. Tight end is a wasted pick, Witten isn't going anywhere, John Phillips is a good blocking tight end, and Hannah is an athletic project.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nice write up. I have no problems with thinking out of the box. But I have to think it'd be reeeeally out of the box for the Cowboys to fire Rob and hire a new DC. But Ryan ran the 4-3 in Oakland just fine. Rob is a guy who will adjust his scheme to play to his players strengths. We've seen that everywhere he's been. In Cleveland he ran the 3-4 and he used his DBs to blitz more than any team in the league. When he got here last year he tried to blitz a lot but it got us killed because we just didn't have a capable secondary, so he scaled back. This year we saw a very conservative bend but don't break defense. With the amount of injuries we had, it was the best he could do. I think it was a miracle that we held Washington to 21 points with 3 min to go in the 4th and a chance to tie or win when Lissemore was our NT rotating with Brian Schaefering... Brady Poppinga, Dan Connor, Ernie Sims at ILB... Michael Coe, Sterling Moore, Charlie Peprah, Eric Frampton, Danny McCray roaming our secondary and a one armed Demarcus Ware getting juked out of his shoes by RG3... it's really a quite a miracle.

The suggestion of Richardson and a move to the 4-3 is pretty cool outside of the box suggestion though. I haven't got a great read on Richardson. I do remember Barrett Jones handling him pretty good in that Bama game.

I haven't seen a mock yet where Eric Reid lasts to us in Round 2. Dobson and Wilson are good 4th round mentions for WR.

Can't say the Cowboys have anything more than development intentions for Leary. Not enough to erase their concerns by any means. Costa is too unreliable too. I think he's only had one great game in his entire career and that was the one he had this year. He might be the Bobby Carpenter of the OL. His one good game in Seattle bought him more time here than he deserved.

Overall nice thought process. I hope more people type up their thoughts.
Quote:
I think you might be a little to optimistic about guys falling into position for us to draft them. Richardson is the best 3-tech prospect in the draft and it is possible he blows up the combine, expect a Fletcher Cox type climb by the draft.

No possible way Reid falls all the way down to where we pick in the second round, I doubt he falls out of the first round. I could see him as a potential target in the first round if there isn't any trench players we have ranked high on the big board.

It would be silly for Jackson to declare if he doesn't get a top 50 nod from his agent. He has raw skill but is is a gamble to declare in a class with interior depth like this one when he could use another years worth of development. I know your not high on Barrett Jones but no way he even sniffs the third round.

It would be nice to get a big developmental WR in the mid rounds and some depth at corner. Tight end is a wasted pick, Witten isn't going anywhere, John Phillips is a good blocking tight end, and Hannah is an athletic project.
not sure jones handled richardson he plays the 3 tech on the outside of the guard and they move him outside not inside on some downs, not sure if they went head to head at all i'll go back and look at it over. richardson could go top 10 but lets say brandon williams shows out at the senior bowl and pulls a dontari poe at the combine he might be the top dt taken, sylvester williams had a great year too and probably a better one overall, richardson had a great second half and might be a 1 year wonder but its all a matter of preference and there are so many edge rushers at the top too, if this was last year he doesnt get out of the top 10 but this year im not sure.

both of you are dont think that reid would last that long but the nfl defense are playing more man to man in the secondary, vacarro, elam, jefferson, and both thomas both offer more ability to match up man to man in coverage. reid is not a physical specimen and once these combine gets going and these other guys test well gms will fall in love with those safeties than can play wr and te man to man which isnt reid strongest and on that basis and preference of cover safeties i have him in the middle of the second round. last year melvin ingram was sure to be a top 10 pick he doesnt go until 18. many people viewed shea mccelllin as a 2nd rounder he went 19. kendall reyes supposedly a guy shooting up the boards he goes 17th selection in the second. peter konz we were all sure he would be gone well before the cowboys 2nd round pick he almost fell to the third, we can never be so sure until the draft is over.

as for changing coordinators im done with rob ryan everybody wants to just look at the last three games and make excuses for him and forget about the first 13 where every game we'd have 12 men on the field a least once, constant confusion with substitutions and guys running on the field late and the defense not being ready several times in games. that cost us on an 3 and long against atlanta and they ended up scoring td on that drive, remember after cribbs gets short punt and on a change of possession they still couldnt get the right personnel on the field it resulted with guys out of position and weedem throws a td pass to take the lead and we needed a miracle (thanks sheldon brown) to drive down the field to tie the game, imo we can get someone better i dont know who but none of our opponents seem to have this problem.

people from jackson camp has stated if he gets a 1st or 2nd round he will leave and frederick declaring inflates the board even more and even if doesnt that why have alvin bailey who should be there.you know guards always slip some from where they're projected decastro was top 10 cant miss he, and he ends up at 24.

as for williams, john phillips is nothing more than #3 tight end, he's a good blocker but not great, williams is great blocker, younger and cheaper and cowboys have limited cap room, remember you always have to churn the bottom of the roster

hey thanks for your opinions i would have hated to write up all that stuff and get no response from anyone +rep for both of you

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 01-06-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Hey it's cool to hope guys will fall, so I won't stop ya. Reid is not being talked about as a sure 1st rounder like he was when the season began. A lot of things change during the draft evaluation process too. But right now, assuming Eric Reid would be there where we are seems more less likely than highly likely. My thing with Eric is that the way he plays, he leaves himself highly succeptible to injury and so far he's played through some tough hits. But I've seen him peeling himself up off the turf a lot this season.

Yeah, recheck that Jones vs Richardson stuff again. Let me know what you come away thinking.

After 2 seasons you're already done with Ryan? What do you think of Garrett?
Old 01-06-2013, 05:44 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are some guys that I think we would all be happy to get in the 1st round and would be an upgrade for our team.

The Cowboys will select 18th in the 2013 draft. Here are prospects draft analyst Dane Brugler believes will be available for Dallas, with his comments:

OG Chance Warmack, Alabama: Some guards are fluid and mobile while others are strong and powerful, Warmack is both. He projects as a better NFL guard prospect than David DeCastro a year ago and has Pro Bowl potential as a NFL rookie.

OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina: While he has some questions about his base strength to hold up against bull rushers, Cooper is one of the most athletic interior blockers to enter the NFL in recent memory. He is smooth in space with outstanding body control.

DE Ezekiel Ansah, BYU: Ziggy, a native of Africa, has been playing football only for the last few years, but with his athleticism at 6-6 and 270 pounds, he will have NFL scouts drooling. He has lined up at NT, DE and LB in college and while still a tad raw, his upside is sky high.

DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri: A prospect who projects as either a three or five technique, Richardson has a big, rugged frame but also has the flexibility and length to disrupt the backfield and blow up the pocket. In his first year in the SEC, Richardson proved to be one of the top defensive linemen in the conference.

DT Jesse Williams, Alabama: A native of Australia, Williams has manned the NT spot for 'Bama's three-man front this season and projects on either the inside or outside of Dallas' defensive front. While still developing, he is one of the toughest players in this draft class and beats blockers with leverage, power and football smarts.

-- Charean Williams

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/01...#storylink=cpy

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 01-06-2013 at 01:36 PM.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://vimeo.com/54719606

Do want.

Love how he runs behind his pads. His running style reminds me a little bit of Curtis Martin, although Curtis may have had a little more wiggle to him where Taylor is slightly more powerful.

I'm all for improving the run game this year, it's the best option for us if we want to take that next step with Tony still under center. Take some of that pressure off his shoulders and let him have a running game to lean on. Plus it helps us control the clock and keep our defense off the field, something we have struggled with. 2 OL and another back would be my ideal first 3 rounds.

Maybe

1. Warmack
2. Frederick
3. Taylor

Last edited by TheFinisher : 01-06-2013 at 11:09 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Hey it's cool to hope guys will fall, so I won't stop ya. Reid is not being talked about as a sure 1st rounder like he was when the season began. A lot of things change during the draft evaluation process too. But right now, assuming Eric Reid would be there where we are seems more less likely than highly likely. My thing with Eric is that the way he plays, he leaves himself highly succeptible to injury and so far he's played through some tough hits. But I've seen him peeling himself up off the turf a lot this season.

Yeah, recheck that Jones vs Richardson stuff again. Let me know what you come away thinking.

After 2 seasons you're already done with Ryan? What do you think of Garrett?
with garrett ive seen an improvement from the standpoint that team plays hard with toughness and heart something he never saw under the wade phillips regime. he hasnt made horrible game management mistakes this year either. i never thought much of garrett as a play caller anyway and i'd be happy to see an offensive coordinator come in here and have him be the just the hc, now if we have another up and down season again and we just miss the playoffs on the last game yeah i'm all for finding another hc

the defense was better this year in terms of statistics but the constant confusion that has plagued the defense over past 2 years is mind numbing. and he tries to get to cute and play dumb schemes like that 2 lineman crap vs philly or only rushing 3 guys against brandon weeden. had it not been for romo, dez and bryce brown fumbling that ball we would have lost to 2 of the worst offenses in the league and both at home. as the oc garrett should be fired but as the head coach i think the team began to show progress down the stretch so he gets one more chance to prove its wasnt an aberration.

now as for richardson vs alabama there was only a few play where they went one on one once on a inside move on the guard where he got quick pressure and looked like a he might of held but you couldnt tell from the angle i call it a draw. i saw 4 runnig plays once a zone to the right near the goalline and jones blocked him, as for the other three twice jones down blocked on him and twice he side stepped him and pushed jones to the ground made the tackle on 1 and missed on the other. the only other running play 1 on 1 was a zone to the right and he jacked barett jones up and pushed him 3 yards deep in the backfield before jones tripped and fell over someone else and richardson made the tackle. not alot to go on but overall richardson got the better of him when it 1on1, but its only 5 plays.

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 01-06-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
http://vimeo.com/54719606

Do want.

Love how he runs behind his pads. His running style reminds me a little bit of Curtis Martin, although Curtis may have had a little more wiggle to him where Taylor is slightly more powerful.

I'm all for improving the run game this year, it's the best option for us if we want to take that next step with Tony still under center. Take some of that pressure off his shoulders and let him have a running game to lean on. Plus it helps us control the clock and keep our defense off the field, something we have struggled with. 2 OL and another back would be my ideal first 3 rounds.

Maybe

1. Warmack
2. Frederick
3. Taylor
Loving the idea of Taylor. Reminds me a lot of Doug Martin

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see a some of y'all are liking the idea of drafting a back this year. I have been thinking that with Murray being hurt they wouldn't want to supplant him, but you've got to plan for him missing games again. I worked Saturdays last year, so I'm out of the loop on the prospects. What about Montee Ball? I remember seeing him a lot when I caught some Wisconsin games over his career, but I don't know where people are thinking he'll be drafted. Where is he projected? I think the guy would be a great combo with Murray, and if Murray goes down again I can see him filling in well.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I see a some of y'all are liking the idea of drafting a back this year. I have been thinking that with Murray being hurt they wouldn't want to supplant him, but you've got to plan for him missing games again. I worked Saturdays last year, so I'm out of the loop on the prospects. What about Montee Ball? I remember seeing him a lot when I caught some Wisconsin games over his career, but I don't know where people are thinking he'll be drafted. Where is he projected? I think the guy would be a great combo with Murray, and if Murray goes down again I can see him filling in well.
Ball has alot tread on the tires, and taylor is nothing special imho. dennis johnson is every down back who could we get in the 5th or 6th who would be a capable back up he's a poor man's ray rice, character flags have to be checked out on him tho

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 01-06-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Default Mock Offseason with Draft

Paul Chryst to Choose Big D After Missing Out as Wisconsin Head Job ?

Once considered a major player to return to his alma mater, Chryst is now left in limbo after AD Alvarez has decided to hire within. Rumors have sprouted that friend and former colleague Jason Garrett has made a pitch to draft Chryst to the big leagues as his assistant head coach and offensive coordinator for the up coming season.

It is an interesting dilemma that Chryst finds himself in, whether to return to this Pittsburgh team that finished 6-7 in the self destructing Big East Conference or designing a playbook to compliment a talented but underachieving Dallas Offense.
- D Units Hawaiian Express
UPDATE: Chryst signed to a 4 year deal

Cowboys Need Cap Magic to Make Any Splash in Free Agency

The first move on the off season agenda appears to be extending embattled superstar QB Tony Romo to an extension. Re-working Romo's contract not only secures his future in Dallas but also could release some of the constraints of his 16 mil cap hold on the 2013 cap. Other veterans who may be asked to reopen contract negotiations include Miles Austin, Jay Ratliff, Doug Free and last years free agent big fish Brandon Carr.

Even if Jerry Jones can use his million dollar accountants to shift money around to loosen the constraints there most likely won't be enough to sign any top tier player. Rob Ryan will make his case to resign the best player on his 2012 unit Anthony Spencer long term. Spencer who played on a 1st year franchise tender in 2012 is expected to generate outside interest after a career year last season.

Update: Tony Romo is extended three years $39 mil making his total contract worth $56 mil over 4 years,$20 mil guaranteed. Numbers were adjusted to make his 2012 cap count $10 mil, opening up $6 mil for the cap.Brandon Carr opted to have $7.3 mil of his 14.3 mil guaranteed year prorated to the 2014 season freeing up more free agency money for the team.

Dallas and Doug Free Part Ways

Jerry Jones is actually making true on his promise that no one should feel comfortable at Valley Ranch. Free who was the leagues most penalized lineman and was rotated with Jeremy Parnell in the final weeks of the season was given his walking papers in the first week of free agency. Free who was once considered part of the nucleus of a rebuilding line will hold a 5.3 million dollar dead cap hold of guaranteed money that was prorated over his contract.

The team is expected to sign journeyman Jonathan Scott to the veterans minimum as an insurance police reserve for the inexperienced Parnell.

Agent for Spencer, Won't be signing Franchise Tender

According to sources close to Anthony Spencer's agent, he showed good faith in signing the 1st year tender in 2012 and expects long term security going forward. Negotiations are still open in hopes of working out a contract but Spencer is expected to hold out if his expectations are not met.

Cowboys Shop Disgruntled ProBowler

Sources say Cowboys are combing through possible interest in former pro bowl NT Jay Ratliff. Ratliff is unhappy with owner Jerry Jones asking for the oft injured lineman to take a pay cut after an underwhelming season where Ratliff only appeared in 6 games dealing with both planter fasciitis and a sports hernia.

Ratliff (31) signed a 7 yr $48.6 mil contract in 2011 was reported to have had a verbal confrontation mid season with Jerry Jones about his injury status and availability. It is unknown what teams are interested in the 4X probowler's services.

Lovie Smith and the Buffalo Bills pulled the trigger on Ratliff for a 5th round draft pick. Smith in the news presser expressed how he felt about how a healthy Ratliff would help generate opportunities for everyone playing between Dareus and Mario Williams. As for Dallas the trade wipes over $40 mil off the books over the next 6 years
Old 01-06-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, is it just me or does this happen every year in the metroplex? It seems like one of our teams always cuts big money players and ends up paying them to play somewhere else.

Im no Doug Free fan, but if I am reading this correctly he will count 5.3 mil against the cap? Jeez! I guess I would feel better if I knew that the move was going to save them a bunch of money, but something tells me it won't.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah.... Free will count as 11.3 million though if he stays. Just a horrible situation.

Working on a full offseason mock will probably finish it tomorrow. Our 'Boys being 25+ million over the cap counting just players under contract (no Spencer, etc) makes it really hard.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

1) Jarvis Jones 6'2 242 OLB Georgia Concerns over Jones's Spinal Stenosis, age (24) and questions about position send Jones for an unexpected slide. Teams looking for more traditional pass rushers opt for Moore, Werner, Mingo, and Montgomery. While teams looking for linebacker help stick with Te'o and Ogletree. While not expecting to have such a talent slide down to #18 Jerry and Rob Ryan are ecstatic to get the top rated defensive talent on their board two years in a row. Worries about signing Spencer to a long term deal have now been resolved, Jones has the ability to start on the strong side from day one. Alex Albright becomes the first reserve off the bench while Kyle Wilber continues to develop behind Ware.

2)Kyle Long 6'7 312 OG/OT Oregon What Long lacks in experience he more then makes up for in potential. Surprising nimble and flexible for his height Long impressed in his first real year playing offensive lineman in college. Callahan is impressed with his quick feet and can invision Long being an asset at multiple positions. He can immediately challenge for the starting RG position year one.

3)Brandon Williams 6'2 328 NT Missouri Southern St Big fish in an extremely small pond, Williams is an physically talented lineman who destroyed DivII/II competition with a combination of size and explosion off the snap. His talent is hard to gauge against the dip in competition and will need time to develop. Will platoon with Lissemore at NT and will work his way into taking over the position once he gets a bearing on how to compete on the next level.

4) Shamarko Thomas 5'9 210 S Syracuse Undersized and lacking ball skills Thomas profiles as a tweener at the next level. Tough aggressive, flies around the field and finds himself around the ball. Can attack down hill and isn't afraid to tackle in the open field. Has very good times speed but at this point isn't an asset in man coverage as he takes miss steps and would rather attack to target then the ball. Rob Ryan loves to use safeties and would find a place for this torpedo in sub packages.

5a via Buffalo) Milliciah Goodman 6'4 280 DE Clemson Underachiever who has all the physical tools in the bank to be an explosive 5-tech. Never really put it together at Clemson after being touted as the next great Clemson pass rusher. Has very good strength to anchor and secures the edge well, is able to disengage to pursuit the ball. Has a nice frame to add 10-15 lbs to play 5-tech on the weakside.

5b) Ray Graham 5'9 192 RB Pittsburgh Once highly touted back out of high school who couldn't put it back together after an ACL injury his freshman year. Still has good vision and can catch the ball out of the backfield, has a little bounce in his step but has lost his other gear. New OC Paul Chryst put in a good word to the scouting department after coaching him last season.

6) Johnny Adams 5'11 176 CB Michigan St Adams is tough, wirey, and experience coming out of the Big 10. He is undersized and doesn't have elite man cover skills but has nice change of direction skills and will attack the ball is Zone Coverage. Can find a way to make this team as a special teams player and can add depth at Corner

7) Marcus Davis 6'4 232 WR Virginia Tech Davis is a major project at this point of his career. He has the athleticism that would profile as a starter but does not have the skill to contribute right away. He has unnatural hands, often basket catching even easy tosses not to mention his routes are sloppy.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 01-06-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
1) Jarvis Jones 6'2 242 OLB Georgia Concerns over Jones's Spinal Stenosis, age (24) and questions about position send Jones for an unexpected slide. Teams looking for more traditional pass rushers opt for Moore, Werner, Mingo, and Montgomery. While teams looking for linebacker help stick with Te'o and Ogletree. While not expecting to have such a talent slide down to #18 Jerry and Rob Ryan are ecstatic to get the top rated defensive talent on their board two years in a row. Worries about signing Spencer to a long term deal have now been resolved, Jones has the ability to start on the strong side from day one. Alex Albright becomes the first reserve off the bench while Kyle Wilber continues to develop behind Ware.

2)Kyle Long 6'7 312 OG/OT Oregon What Long lacks in experience he more then makes up for in potential. Surprising nimble and flexible for his height Long impressed in his first real year playing offensive lineman in college. Callahan is impressed with his quick feet and can invision Long being an asset at multiple positions. He can immediately challenge for the starting RG position year one.

3)Brandon Williams 6'2 328 NT Missouri Southern St Big fish in an extremely small pond, Williams is an physically talented lineman who destroyed DivII/II competition with a combination of size and explosion off the snap. His talent is hard to gauge against the dip in competition and will need time to develop. Will platoon with Lissemore at NT and will work his way into taking over the position once he gets a bearing on how to compete on the next level.

4) Shamarko Thomas 5'9 210 S Syracuse Undersized and lacking ball skills Thomas profiles as a tweener at the next level. Tough aggressive, flies around the field and finds himself around the ball. Can attack down hill and isn't afraid to tackle in the open field. Has very good times speed but at this point isn't an asset in man coverage as his tackles miss steps and would rather attack to target then the ball. Rob Ryan loves to use safeties and would find a place for this torpedo in sub packages.

5a via Buffalo) Milliciah Goodman 6'4 280 DE Clemson Underachiever who has all the physical tools in the bank to be an explosive 5-tech. Never really put it together at Clemson after being touted as the next great Clemson pass rusher. Has very good strength to anchor and secures the edge well, is able to disengage to pursuit the ball. Has a nice frame to add 10-15 lbs to play 5-tech on the weakside.

5b) Ray Graham 5'9 192 RB Pittsburgh Once highly touted back out of high school who couldn't put it back together after an ACL injury his freshman year. Still has good vision and can catch the ball out of the backfield, has a little bounce in his step but has lost his other gear. New OC Paul Chryst put in a good word to the scouting department after coaching him last season.

6) Johnny Adams 5'11 176 CB Michigan St Adams is tough, wirey, and experience coming out of the Big 10. He is undersized and doesn't have elite man cover skills but has nice change of direction skills and will attack the ball is Zone Coverage. Can find a way to make this team as a special teams player and can add depth at Corner

7) Marcus Davis 6'4 232 WR Virginia Tech Davis is a major project at this point of his career. He has the athleticism that would profile as a starter but does not have the skill to contribute right away. He has unnatural hands, often basket catching even easy tosses not to mention his routes are sloppy.
and you criticize me for having guys drop to us
Old 01-06-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
and you criticize me for having guys drop to us
Jarvis is definite stretch but I expected some flack over that for sure. Just wanted to mix it up a bit, there is some thought that if Thomas goes into the combine and runs sub 4.4 he might rise into the 2/3rd range but we will wait for that.

Who else do you think fell from heaven in an impossible situation ?
Old 01-06-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

man witten i was gonna come out 2morrow with a full offseason mock guess you beat me top the punch