Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-06-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Assuming you exclude Clint Sintim (2nd/2009) and Gerris Wilkinson (3rd/2006).

I guess technically Wilkinson was drafted in the last year of Accorsi's tenure, but Reese was head of scouting and was being groomed to take over.
Like I said, for Reese's tenure and I don't really count Sintim because we pretty much converted him to DE after year one.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex we never converted him to DE. It's the other way around. We should have left him at DE!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Alex we never converted him to DE. It's the other way around. We should have left him at DE!
I am pretty sure the only significant play he made as a Giant was a DE when he sacked Romo.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Like I said, for Reese's tenure and I don't really count Sintim because we pretty much converted him to DE after year one.
But we did draft Sintim to play linebacker.

Here is an 2011 article where Reese still refers to Sintim as a linebacker
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...eds-to-grow-up

The fact that Sintim got on the field as a DE was only because he failed as an OLB. Excluding Sintim from Reese's LB draft history is realistic.

But hey it's all water under the bridge. Hopefully we upgrade our LB group this offseason.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're right. I guess I just remember him lining up and being talked about so much at DE so for me I don't really count him as a LB pick but I suppose he is.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:23 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Also, I wanted to give some more props to Prince. Not just for the fact he was great this year but for him being a pretty awesome guy in general. From everything I've seen and read on him, as well as following him on twitter, he just seems like an extremely intelligent and good guy.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:24 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Also, I wanted to give some more props to Prince. Not just for the fact he was great this year but for him being a pretty awesome guy in general. From everything I've seen and read on him, as well as following him on twitter, he just seems like an extremely intelligent and good guy.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:45 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I am looking at the quality of talent in the offensive line and defensive front seven.

I think there is a shot that Teo is available when we pick in the first and a decent chance the top DEs and OT are gone. I think that unless Teo has amazing workouts (which Kuechly did) he is going to slip as teams load up on premium positons.

Given the depth this year, we should be able to get DE and LB help anywhere in the top three rounds.
I really doubt that, but if it were to happen, I would want us to take him and never look back. He would look awesome in a Giants uniform!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get the Te'o love. Maybe I'm just a ND hater though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-07-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Another guy who is extremely intelligent, caring, and an all-around "good guy"? Nnamdi Asomugha.

I'd rather have my football players talented and nasty bad guys (Lawrence Taylor anyone?) instead of intelligent, benevolent but mediocre players.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
Another guy who is extremely intelligent, caring, and an all-around "good guy"? Nnamdi Asomugha.

I'd rather have my football players talented and nasty bad guys (Lawrence Taylor anyone?) instead of intelligent, benevolent but mediocre players.
That's cool, completely irrelevant as Prince is anything but mediocre, but still good to know.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
That's cool, completely irrelevant as Prince is anything but mediocre, but still good to know.
The point is that being a "good guy" and/or intelligent shouldn't be any kind of criteria by which to judge football players whatsoever.

You don't want quitters or soft players, but how intelligent or kind-hearted they are basically is irrelevant.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Him being nice has nothing to do with his ability as a football player. It makes him more of a likeable person though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-07-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Coughlin actually going to trust a rookie MLB to play? That concerns me the most in drafting one in the first round. Unfortunately the FA options look pretty terrible as well.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah we're not getting any help in FA for the LB position. I don't think Teo is all that good so I don't want him either. We're basically going to have to hope our younger guys take the next step. I think a hulking DT would help the run game and the LB corps in general.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-07-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem is we let DTs go in FA because we didn't want to over pay or spend on the money. We let Griffin go, then Barry C. Robbins was left go as well. We spent money on Canty, drafted LJ, and Austin and spend money on Rocky B.

So eventually, we will need to keep those guys even if it means tying up money at the DT position. I think we spend money on our DEs and other secondary spots that the DT we let go, and thought FA and draft could take care of it. Canty was hurt, and LJ had to take the load.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

And then LJ got hurt also as the year went on. Since he was playing so many snaps he clearly wore down by the end of the year. After giving it a little thought I really think that might be our biggest defensive need right now and will help the D as a whole.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-07-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And then LJ got hurt also as the year went on. Since he was playing so many snaps he clearly wore down by the end of the year. After giving it a little thought I really think that might be our biggest defensive need right now and will help the D as a whole.
Bust rate for DT sucks though =(

Yea I'm not being very helpful here, I know.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glen Dorsey is a name that intrigues me. He won't be too expensive and I think he would be a good fit as a UT in our cover 2 defense. I don't buy that he will somehow return to LSU form but he could be a decent stop-gap for the right price. The Marvin Austin pick at first intrigued me but its looking worse and worse each passing day. I want to look up a little more on Kawann Short but he might be a good pick in round 1 for the Giants if not Jesse Williams in round 2 sounds nice too especially if Joseph walks.

As for LBs, Darryl Smith is the only decent name but I feel like that's a lateral move if Boley leaves. If the Bears happen to, in this alternate universe, decide to let Urlacher walk I would love the Giants to offer him a good 3 year decent contract. Lord that would make me happy and I wouldn't have to get pissed at Blackburn's slow ass.

Seeing as this league is becoming more and more pass heavy, I think a Boley/Williams nickel base defense is the best option going forward. I would also like to resign Rivers if he doesn't ask for much if he actually stays healthy I think he might be our best LB right now as unfortunate as that sounds. I love Herzlich and his story but he's a career back-up.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Is Coughlin actually going to trust a rookie MLB to play? That concerns me the most in drafting one in the first round. Unfortunately the FA options look pretty terrible as well.
Rookies don't usually start game 1. I can only think of one off the top of my head during Coughlin's tenure and that was Snee.

It depends on how ready they are and how well they pick up the playbook. Having said that I would expect if we had Teo he would be starting sooner than later.

I'm not saying Teo is a superstar and there is a degree of hype there, but he is a very good all round instinctive MLB.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 01-07-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can almost guarantee you Chase will start nxt year.

I mean, let's all overlook he's the only player the coaches constantly raved about. But hey, he's slow and sucks and scotty's just bein' scotty.

Again, obviously his talent can be upgraded, but his ability to be the head of the D is huge. Let's upgrade the guys infront of and along side, him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

This is by far the best GIF I've ever seen:

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-07-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbspam17 View Post
giants ain't superbowl champs anymore
thanks captain obvious

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

After watching Te'o this game it certainly confirms my belief on how overrated he is. A big pass from me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
After watching Te'o this game it certainly confirms my belief on how overrated he is. A big pass from me.

Same here, also Barrett Jones doesn't look all that special. Chance though? Do want.