Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-06-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Divisional Round - Packers @ 49ers

A comfortable win against the Vikings in the Wildcard Round has lead us to Candlestick Park in what will undoubtedly be a harder/more competitive game against the San Francisco 49ers. They have home field advantage and a weeks rest, we have the momentum.

I think this game comes down to keeping A-Rod upright. Justin Smith and Aldon Smith will be doing their thing, but if we want to win we need to contain them. If we can protect Rodgers with 4 receivers on the field we'll be able to create mis-matches all across the field and move the ball well. On defense i'd like to see us go to more 3 Dlinemen sets. Like the Vikings, the 49ers will be focused on their run game and stopping it will be key.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I already hate the Niners.

#1 on my list is Dashon Goldson.
#2 is Aldon Smith.
#3 is Vernon Davis.
#4 is Mike Crabtree.
#5 is Randall Moss.

I wonder if we've kinds rested, saved our biggest bruising RB, James Starks, for a matchup like this one?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tramon and Woodson feast on young QB's. Very good at baiting them. Will likely need one of them to pick off a pass

Can't let the Niners run the ball effectively and will need to contain Kaep and his running ability. He's been a bit inconsistent and GB's secondary(the CB's mainly) is good

comes down to the Pack front 7. Clay will be his usual beast self, but they'll need Walden to have another big game like he had last night(that was huge). Need to pressure Kaep. Vernon Davis is the guy that always worries me since this team cannot cover TE's worth a lick

Pack OL will pretty much have to play the game of their life and I would hope to see more quick passes/screens/dumpoffs utilized to slow their rush down a bit. They just don't stack up well up front vs them, so they need to gameplan around that. Roll Rodgers out, etc. Harris, Starks(if he plays), Grant, Green....whoever the hell runs the ball, doesn't matter, they need to at least be somewhat effective. 80+ rush yards with some key catches from the RB group will likely be needed

Lets hope the trend continues of the Packers beating the Niners in the playoffs
Old 01-06-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is flying me to Cisco and buying my tickets? I'm 3-0 when in attendance of Packet games so if I go sure bet we win!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Who is flying me to Cisco and buying my tickets? I'm 3-0 when in attendance of Packet games so if I go sure bet we win!
I'd chip in, but I'm already doing my share by betting on the opponents & jinxing them, as I did for the final 6 games of the 2010 season.... I lost a ton of $ betting on our opponents, heartbreak insurance.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Justin Smith and Aldon Smith will be doing their thing, but if we want to win we need to contain them..
You sure? Homeboy has a bum three cep.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like he'll play but there's no way he's 100%, not that quickly from a partial tear. We'll see how his pain tolerance is/how effective he is with a much weaker arm
Old 01-07-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

If you've got 2 hours and 30 minutes to kill, here is the week 1 game vs the Niners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzu7Ii9XDYg

both teams are very different now, as is usually the case from Week 1 - Week 19.

Some things of note

* Jarrett Bush was the starter in this game. Shields and especially Hayward saw very little time. Bush has barely sniffed the field(on D) since this game and obviously Hayward has emerged as a very good slot DB

* Walden and Neal were both serving suspensions and didn't play. Lots of Philip Merling in this game, who was cut months ago

* Benson did little to nothing in this game. Pack can't have that this weekend from Harris and Co.

* Loss of Bulaga to an already weak OL that was outmatched in that game. Hopefully things have stabilized a bit with the line, but Newhouse/Barclay have their work cut out for them

* Manningham is out for the year. That guy always seemed to give the Packers fits

* No Kaep in this game other than the designed run play where he got an easy 20+ yards up the middle.

in the end, it's fun to look back at, but you can't properly gauge things from this performance for either team. It was so long ago and things are much different, especially in SF's case since they had a QB change. One thing is for sure, the Pack didn't look like they were ready to match the Niners physicality in that Week 1 match-up. That must change if they are to win.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
If you've got 2 hours and 30 minutes to kill, here is the week 1 game vs the Niners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzu7Ii9XDYg
* Walden and Neal were both serving suspensions and didn't play. Lots of Philip Merling in this game, who was cut months ago

* Benson did little to nothing in this game. Pack can't have that this weekend from Harris and Co.

* Loss of Bulaga to an already weak OL that was outmatched in that game. Hopefully things have stabilized a bit with the line, but Newhouse/Barclay have their work cut out for them

* Manningham is out for the year. That guy always seemed to give the Packers fits

* No Kaep in this game other than the designed run play where he got an easy 20+ yards up the middle.
I can't believe that video is still up there, especially with the title so easy to find searching.

Walden and Neal have to contain and hammer Kaepernick.
I looked closely at the Niners 4 losses, and tie, and they key in all those games (one of the keys) was that the Niners didn't sack the QB in those games. A couple of goose-eggs, and a 1 sack game.
Can we ever have a game where Rodgers is sacked zero times?
If he doesn't get sacked Saturday (and plays the whole game), I think we'll light em up like we did to Atlanta 2 years ago in this round.

Good call on Super Mario, that guy always got us... just like Nicks and Cruz did.
But so does Vernon Davis.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

This OL won't put up a goose-egg, not vs that front 7. If they can hold the Rodger sacks to 3 or less, they did good enough lol
Old 01-08-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Certainly not looking past the Niners, who are favored over us, but if we were to win, which matchup would you guys like better?

Going to Atlanta, the scene of the crime in the 2010 playoff game where Rodgers showed the world how great he is.

Or at home, versus the red hot Seahawks and their physical defense, a chance to get revenge on that robbery in Seattle in September.

Which one would you feel the most confident about?
I think these results should be pretty divided.

The field at Candlestick is a piece ofschit. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-fedex-field/

It will, one would think, give more edge to the grinding team than the fast, precise passing, speed team.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 01-08-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
PackerFan20
Rookie

PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
I had forgotten how slow the pace of the game was with the replacement refs. With a good playoff crew Rodgers should be able to run the no-huddle as much as he wants, and that could give us an advantage if he finds the 49ers in a favorable defense.
PackerFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Ryan Longwell is back, playoff time..... hopefully in 11 days, at Lambeau Field, he shanks a kick as time expires to end his team's season.

Seattle has signed Longwell.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He doesn't need to shank the game ending FG... I rather have him miss one or two and not have the game come down to that.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-08-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather play Atlanta.

I don't like it when we go into a game with a revenge mindset. And plus it would mean Rodgers in a dome.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I'd rather play Atlanta.

I don't like it when we go into a game with a revenge mindset. And plus it would mean Rodgers in a dome.
I agree with that.

Who else here is ready for this ***** game right now?

Jordy was out of practice today.
Finley was there, looked okay.

Jerron McMillian was also out, he only played one play against Minnesota last week.... not sure what happened.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I'm not worried about Jordy. I think they are just giving him some more rest to keep him as fresh as possible.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

I'm ready! Can't wait!!!!! I do like our time slot the best, Saturday at night so we can all celebrate a Packers victory the right way!! We better win otherwise it just makes Sundays games slightly less enjoyable.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-09-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Jordy was out of practice yesterday, as was Jerron McMillian.
Surprisingly, Jarrett Boykin was back!
And so was J-Mike.

I haven't heard reports from today yet.....
Old 01-09-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dat...-an-excuse.ece
Old 01-09-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Cobb was out today with the flu - seems somebody has it on the team every damn week now(maybe they can use it to affect opponents. More coughing/sneezing on them in pile-ups should do it)
Jordy was out again but MM said he expects him to practice tomorrow
Boykin was out today after practicing yesterday. Probably a planned thing
McMillian was out again today but will be back tomorrow. He missed time with a "personal matter"

MM said he's confident he'll have all his WR's for Saturday
Old 01-10-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Green Bay, WI Wide receivers Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson did not participate in Wednesday's practice as the Green Bay Packers prepared for this weekend's NFC Divisional Playoff game against the San Francisco 49ers.

Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said that Cobb, Green Bay's leading receiver during the regular season, remained at home Wednesday because of illness and not injury. The second-year standout had missed the team's Week 17 finale with an ankle/knee issue, but returned to action for the Packers' 24-10 win over rival Minnesota in last Saturday's Wild Card round.

Nelson's status is less certain after he hurt his ankle during last weekend's victory, though McCarthy was hopeful he would be able to practice on Thursday.

Rookie safety Jerron McMillian also was not on the field Wednesday due to a personal matter, but is expected to rejoin the team on Thursday.

Outside linebackers Clay Matthews (knee) and Dezman Moses (hamstring) were listed as limited in Wednesday's session, while defensive end Jerel Worthy will miss Saturday's matchup with a knee injury he sustained in the regular- season finale.

Running back James Starks, out since early December due to a knee sprain, was a full participant.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/0...#ixzz2HY2aKBpf
Old 01-10-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

This is the key guy for our offense> http://packersinsider.com/?p=5207

If he has a big game, we're probably 90% ****ed.
If he's quiet, we probably win.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Do we have anyone who can light up Vernon Davis like Kam Chancellor did?

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 01-10-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Dang I'm home from a long day at work, and check this out and there's nothing all day?
Am I the only one fired up about this game tomorrow?

What other sites are you guys on all the time?