Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2013, 03:07 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somebody thinks the Celtics plan on trading Jeff Green, Courtney Lee and Jason Terry for Demarcus Cousins.

Another version of this trade:

Kings get: P.Gasol, A.Bradley, Sullinger, Terry, picks
Lakers gets: M. Thornton, A.Brooks, C.Hayes, T.Robinson
Celtics get: D.Cousins, F.Garcia

The things people put on Twitter.

Edit:

Oh yeah, and the Celtics just waived 2 end of the bench players. So this is clearly happening.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:12 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw that too, it's not happening. KG and Cousins together would be such a disaster, haha.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D'Antoni would love a chucker like Thornton. And Robinson's athleticism would work well in the pick-n-roll.

All for a Gasol who is absolutely falling apart.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:17 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KG would either whip Cousins into shape or they would kill each other. I think they Celts are looking to make some kind of a move for a big, but no guarantee that's Cousins. Ainge does love his smokescreens so you never know.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:20 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
D'Antoni would love a chucker like Thornton. And Robinson's athleticism would work well in the pick-n-roll.

All for a Gasol who is absolutely falling apart.
Yeah, Gasol isn't good enough at this point to make up the age difference between him and Boogie, although I do think if someone can whip him into shape and make him play down low again he can get back to where he was, or close to it.

I will say that I would try to trade T-Rob asap, I just don't think he's very good at all.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:21 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Okay, T-Rob for Derrick Williams?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:24 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Lol, I kinda thought someone would throw that in my face. I like D-Will a little better because he has more of an outside game, but that might be my homer glasses showing. Quickly losing optimism with him too though.

T-Rob kinda had trouble scoring over size in college even though, so I can't say I'm completely surprised with this.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:26 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Okay fine. I'll throw in Tyreke Evans to sweeten the pot. But I need Ricky Rubio in return.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:33 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

lolz oh god no. I think there are teams out there that can still salvage Reke but we aren't one of them. You need to find a team out there with a lot of veterans, good coaching, and with guards that can shoot.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:22 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyreke for Bledsoe?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those trade scenarios are hilarious. Boogie isn't going anywhere, and he sure as hell isn't going anywhere for dirt with the way he's playing after his suspension.

We need to try and package Reke and T-Rob somewhere while they still hold some value. Rumors are that the Grizzlies are trying to move Rudy Cool's contract... my Tyreke for *** trade prediction still has little bit of life. They can have Thornton too, if they want. I'm okay with 4/5 starters being Jimmer, ***, Boogie, Thompson. Then all we'd need is a non NBADL point guard and we'd be competitive.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Those trade scenarios are hilarious. Boogie isn't going anywhere, and he sure as hell isn't going anywhere for dirt with the way he's playing after his suspension.

We need to try and package Reke and T-Rob somewhere while they still hold some value. Rumors are that the Grizzlies are trying to move Rudy Cool's contract... my Tyreke for *** trade prediction still has little bit of life. They can have Thornton too, if they want. I'm okay with 4/5 starters being Jimmer, ***, Boogie, Thompson. Then all we'd need is a non NBADL point guard and we'd be competitive.
Cousins just is never going to amount to anything in Sacremento IMO. He's extremely talented, but that structure there is the worst thing for him possible. No veteran leadership, no veteran coach to provide structure or authority, losing atmosphere for years, young players all around him, it's just not going to get any better.

They don't need to give him away for free, but all they are going to do is ruin him in the grand scheme of things. He's going to continue to be a head case for the entire time he's in Sacramento and I don't think he's showed any signs of changing anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Somebody thinks the Celtics plan on trading Jeff Green, Courtney Lee and Jason Terry for Demarcus Cousins.

The things people put on Twitter.
I'm not sure what I find worse: the idea that those three would be worth Cousins, or that the Celtics would trade Terry rather than say Sullinger for a championship run. On one hand, that is a pathetic haul for the Kings. On the other hand, this would make Leandro Barbosa the only backup guard on the entire roster. In the end, I think the Celtics part of this is more entertainingly stupid. At least the Kings would be able to tank for the top pick in that scenario.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Tyreke for Bledsoe?
Bledsoe isn't a pure PG, it would just create more problems for the team. And there's no way in hell the Clippers would ever do that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dragic for Tyreke

just so the Suns finish the year winless

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great, we are going into a tough road trip with our 3 best bigs out. Howard (torn labrum) out at least a week, Pau (concussion) at least 2 games, and Jordan Hill out with a hip injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Great, we are going into a tough road trip with our 3 best bigs out. Howard (torn labrum) out at least a week, Pau (concussion) at least 2 games, and Jordan Hill out with a hip injury.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you can have kris humphries.

no, srsly. someone take him. Our big rotation is Evans/Bropez with Teletovic/Blatche off the bench. and it's awesome.

eff the Blatche haters! he's been awesome.

and hilarious. his shot selection is SO bad that it's funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmm just got offered ginobili and jack for my redick and pekovic. it's surprisingly even statistically but redick and pekovic will be better come playoff time. right?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****, Dwight looks like he can really **** you up.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Alright so...you say the Kings aren't giving away Boogie for dirt, then you propose a Reke and Thonton for Rudy Cool trade...yea ok.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Alright so...you say the Kings aren't giving away Boogie for dirt, then you propose a Reke and Thonton for Rudy Cool trade...yea ok.
I was mostly bringing that up because i suggested that trade even before Cool got his huge contract extension. And Memphis ownership has been actively pursuing moving him to avoid paying luxury tax money.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I was mostly bringing that up because i suggested that trade even before Cool got his huge contract extension. And Memphis ownership has been actively pursuing moving him to avoid paying luxury tax money.
Yea I understand why they are trying to move him. I also wonder if it has anything to do with that fact that Hollinger's stat system rates him poorly, thus not making him nearly worth his contract in the FO's eyes.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everybody beats the Wiz! Well, not OKC without Harden though.