Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Has he ever played Center? I thought he was strictly a Guard before. We run a ton of shotgun, I'm just tired of seeing bad snaps flying all over the place, it doesn't happen as much as it used to but the consistency is not there at the position. If Bernie doesn't work then Cook moves in, then if Cook gets hurt we try someone else, it's just been like this for awhile and shuffling your Center around ends up having the rest of the line miss your assignments.

That guy is supposed to be making the key adjustments out there, having 2-3 guys in and out who are just average players or former Guards doesn't make me excited but maybe we have some other plans.
He was the 2nd center to go in at Carolina and I believe I remember him playing center for us a bit this year when Cook was out.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about signing someone like Levitre and taking a guard in the mid rounds?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
He was the 2nd center to go in at Carolina and I believe I remember him playing center for us a bit this year when Cook was out.
I felt he did a decent job at center when Cook was dinged up, much better then when matched up against quick 3-techs head up. I wouldn't mind him getting a look as the starter next season but it shouldn't stop us from drafting someone if they are available.

Same can be said for Parnell, he did fine while rotating in at tackle but Doug Free was once projected to be the solution at an aging Flozell Adams. So we might not want to put all our eggs in one basket with him either. If a tackle with talent dropped to us I wouldn't think twice about snatching him off the board, especially someone who could moonlight at guard.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
What about signing someone like Levitre and taking a guard in the mid rounds?
;) You hit on the exact guy in my offseason mock. Would free us up to target a Richardson/Vaccaro/Matthews.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Levitre and Knighton. Those are my two FA pet cats. :)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...gency-tracker/

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-07-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

<3 Bunch of mind readers you lot. I wouldn't mind taking a look at Brace either.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

$$$$$$ is going to be the issue, it will be intersting to see how much money is pushed down the road to future caps. I'm not even sure Spencer will be back next season depending on how much money he commands.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mock offseasons are fun! You all should do one.

Trog, when you make yours just call it the Mock Offseason Thread.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Are we having another Forum mock like last year?
Old 01-07-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any DL nicknamed "Roast Beef" is okay in my book!!

Old 01-07-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
$$$$$$ is going to be the issue, it will be intersting to see how much money is pushed down the road to future caps. I'm not even sure Spencer will be back next season depending on how much money he commands.
Exactly. I think Levitre will be too costly. Secondly, he plays LG so do we move him to RG or Livings who had a good year there? The Buffalo OG I would look at is Urbik. Cheaper, plays RG and is arguably just as good.

The one OG in FA that I hope reaches FA is Brandon Moore from the NYJ. He knows Callahan's scheme, could be a leader on our young OL and he graded out as one of the top RGs in the game last year. He's older (will be 34 this month), so I don't think he'd command a huge pay day like someone in their prime would earn. But as a stop gap, he'd be perfect for us and we wouldn't have to spend a 1st rounder on OG.

Part of me really wants to just go full fledged with a young OL who will grow together, so that's the only reason I would ignore FA $$$ on the OL. It makes sense to save our FA $ elsewhere especially when the OL draft class is so deep. Resigning Spencer is a must.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Money is def going to be tight, but I think they will be able to free up enough room to make one significant signing. I'm hoping for two. :)

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-07-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Are we having another Forum mock like last year?
Yeah, one is going on right now. There will be another one that's better than this one though. The next one will incorporate a full offseason with FA and stuff. This one is just a draft. You can take the Cowboys in the next one if you want.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, one is going on right now. There will be another one that's better than this one though. The next one will incorporate a full offseason with FA and stuff. This one is just a draft. You can take the Cowboys in the next one if you want.
I think hes talking about from the Dallas thread. Last year we did one from this thread where everybody took 2 or 3 teams. Im down BTW

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I think hes talking about from the Dallas thread. Last year we did one from this thread where everybody took 2 or 3 teams. Im down BTW
Oh yea. That was fun! Who ran that?
Old 01-07-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Count me in on that one.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
I ran it last year and don't mind doing it again unless someone else wants to take the reigns. I definitely want to stick to the regulars this season because we had too many slots that random posters neglected. I wouldn't mind asking some of the Giants fans that cross thread with us either.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I ran it last year and don't mind doing it again unless someone else wants to take the reigns. I definitely want to stick to the regulars this season because we had too many slots that random posters neglected. I wouldn't mind asking some of the Giants fans that cross thread with us either.
Yeah, thought it was you. Go for it bro. If you want to extend it to other teams fans you could even start it up in the NFC East forum.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, thought it was you. Go for it bro. If you want to extend it to other teams fans you could even start it up in the NFC East forum.
We will wait until after the senior bowl and probably the combine to see where guys are at for the most part. Just wanted to guage interest.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Money is def going to be tight, but I think they will be able to free up enough room to make one significant signing. I'm hoping for two. :)
the cowboys will be fortunate if they can at least hold on to spencer. i dont see them being able to make moves other than what they did with bernardeau and livings stop gap players with a small amount guaranteed money

the only way the cowboys can improve other than the draft is development of the the young players that they do have like leary, costa, and parnell
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Jerry usually finds a way of keeping his star players. It's gonna happen. Spencer better keep it up. That's where the problem lies. We dish out big money to keep our guys and then they lay a turd.... Free, Ratliff, Austin to a lesser degree...
Old 01-07-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPNDallas ‏@ESPNDallas
#Cowboys make first coaching move of offseason, firing RBs coach Skip Peete. @calvinwatkins filing shortly to @ESPNDallas.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want a few years where our offensive line isn't a miscast collection of spare parts. Two early picks on the line would make me happy. I want to play with the lead for once. This entire year we fell behind early and had to rally back. We never imposed our will and got out to a big lead and let the defense really pin their ears back.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
I just want a few years where our offensive line isn't a miscast collection of spare parts. Two early picks on the line would make me happy. I want to play with the lead for once. This entire year we fell behind early and had to rally back. We never imposed our will and got out to a big lead and let the defense really pin their ears back.

This is how I feel x10. I'm just sick of it at this point. In the off-season all those spare parts sound good until the games start happening and it's another year complaining about the line. Even if it just ends up giving us good depth, that's certainly something we could use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

If we could get 2 younger OL in the draft, we'd have one of the youngest OL's in the NFL. I think a youth movement is needed. Not sure it will happen though.