Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
If this is true, is anyone else at all curious how that big ass brace isnt built to protect against non contact tears??
A brace is for support, you can't expect it to hold knee ligaments together. Why would you even think that would be the case? Especially considering it had gotten worse and worse through the course of the game. This isn't as hard as some of you are making it out to be, this is about as black and white as it gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
A brace is for support, you can't expect it to hold knee ligaments together. Why would you even think that would be the case? Especially considering it had gotten worse and worse through the course of the game. This isn't as hard as some of you are making it out to be, this is about as black and white as it gets.
I honestly don't know enough about medical braces but apparently this one is similar to what you said.

"The version of brace he was wearing is soft and flexible and doesn't really provide any significant structural support. It's mostly just for proprioceptive input. You can think of it more akin to a knee sleeve than an actual brace you would get just out of ACL surgery where they can 100% limit medial-lateral damage, and set locking mechanisms on the amount of flexion/extension the knee can have. "
Old 01-07-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Fans are so fickle.
Weren't we calling Jay Cutler the Punk Of the Year for tapping out of a playoff game last year??
The ****** up thing is that both Cutler and Smith said that Cutler didn't tap out; he got pulled after Smith talked to the medical staff. He basically got blasted as a ***** by everyone for not punching out Lovie, forcing his way on to the field, and trying to QB with a sprained ligament in his plant leg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNYDP View Post
Kind of sad that you can spend all this money on all these guys but still have such a ****** field that may have led to two bad injuries. Only Dan Snyder.
The McCaskeys and the Rooneys, too. All three of the teams need to switch to that half-fake grass that Green Bay uses. It's not money, though. It actually costs more to continually re-sod throughout the season the way these teams do. The excuse the McCaskeys give is that studies show that natural grass reduces knee ligament injuries. You can now have yourself a good chuckle.

Quote:
If this is true, is anyone else at all curious how that big ass brace isnt built to protect against non contact tears??
In order to protect against those, it would have to immobilize the knee, rendering him 100% unable to play.

My prediction: If RGIII misses next year, Shanny changes his offense back to what he's used to. He trots Cousins out there and Cousins does well enough that Shanny elects to roll with him afterward. RGIII gets Wally Pipp'd.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i don't see why you all suck at maintaining your fields. i don't recall denver's field ever looking half as bad as washington's did. and although they've changed it, i don't recall foxboro or gillette ever looking that bad, when they had real grass (though reading back, it sounds like the field got sloppy after a rain storm, prompting the change).
Denver runs the half-fake stuff.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't see why you all suck at maintaining your fields. i don't recall denver's field ever looking half as bad as washington's did. and although they've changed it, i don't recall foxboro or gillette ever looking that bad, when they had real grass (though reading back, it sounds like the field got sloppy after a rain storm, prompting the change).
It was pretty bad. Apparently they considered resodding it between the Cowboys game and last night but decided that there wasnt sufficient time. I don't know from experience but my buddy seemed to think that Soldier Field is another that gets pretty banged up.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was pretty bad. Apparently they considered resodding it between the Cowboys game and last night but decided that there wasnt sufficient time. I don't know from experience but my buddy seemed to think that Soldier Field is another that gets pretty banged up.
Pittsburgh can be rough. At least it used to. They may have switched over.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Those were my only thoughts at the end of the game. Purely ridiculous. Another reason you would like to think would have gone into the decision of whether to keep him in or not but granted that may not have been at the front of their minds. They have got to do something about that though.

Quote:
Old 01-07-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, they decided not to re-sod the field after the Cowboys game. Welp.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Shanny isnt giving an answer on the knee. Says RG3 is flying down to see Andrews tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrews was with the team. Why does he have to fly down to his office to see him now?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Andrews was with the team. Why does he have to fly down to his office to see him now?
He's the Doctor for Bama and Auburn also. Believe he had to be with Bama for the National Championship tonight.

Quote:
Old 01-07-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's the Doctor for Bama and Auburn also. Believe he had to be with Bama for the National Championship tonight.
Yeah but why couldn't he examine him after the game last night? Seems kind of weird to me. I guess the swelling was too much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah but why couldn't he examine him after the game last night? Seems kind of weird to me. I guess the swelling was too much.
Most likely due to swelling. Standard procedure during the season is always to do the evaluation the day after the injury.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Reading between the lines here: The MRI was bad news, so they want another full check-up to be 100% positive what they saw was correct. Watching the presser Shanny made an Adrian Peterson reference, and how he was able to recover. I see no reason to even take it there if nothing was torn.

Quote:
Old 01-07-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redskins fans accusing their own team of piping in crowd noise. The Seahawks were accused of this in 2005 by the Giants, but an NFL investigation found nothing....never heard of a teams own fans accusing them of it.

http://deadspin.com/5973735/the-reds...esterdays-game
Old 01-07-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reading between the lines here: The MRI was bad news, so they want another full check-up to be 100% positive what they saw was correct. Watching the presser Shanny made an Adrian Peterson reference, and how he was able to recover. I see no reason to even take it there if nothing was torn.

My thoughts too. Some are speculating ACL and PCL
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just heard ACL and PCL and out 14-18 months
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From experience, when you have an MRI done, the technician or someone else semi-qualified puts a little one or two sentence blurb on the the MRI itself. Most times it will say torn ACL or whatever because it is normally pretty obviously visible. However you then take that MRI with you to your doctor to confirm what was obvious anyway. That could be what's going on here.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I guess that means Kirk Cousins won't be available in a trade this offseason. Also, this should end the proliferation of the read option in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
From experience, when you have an MRI done, the technician or someone else semi-qualified puts a little one or two sentence blurb on the the MRI itself. Most times it will say torn ACL or whatever because it is normally pretty obviously visible. However you then take that MRI with you to your doctor to confirm what was obvious anyway. That could be what's going on here.
Yea when I tore my anterior and posterior labrum the guy that did the MRI wrote torn rotator on my MRI. I then went to my doctor who said it was a torn labrum. When he went in to do surgery it was all three...
Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Well I guess that means Kirk Cousins won't be available in a trade this offseason. Also, this should end the proliferation of the read option in the NFL.
You have to fear that Robert Griffin's career is going to be short if he doesn't come up with a differant style of play. I'm not sure the read option is done per se but it may be going the way of the wildcat.

I've always thought these types of things (like the wishbone) can be figured out, otherwise they'd still be running it at Oklahoma.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Yea when I tore my anterior and posterior labrum the guy that did the MRI wrote torn rotator on my MRI. I then went to my doctor who said it was a torn labrum. When he went in to do surgery it was all three...
They've seen a million MRIs so they know what normal and f'ed up looks like. I tore my ACL and the nurse brought me into the room to see my doctor after I had the MRI done. She loaded the MRI onto the computer and walked out. While I waited for the doctor, I read it and it said ACL not intact. He comes in, 2 seconds later he confirms, and that's that. Then he showed me what to look for on the MRI and it was pretty damn obvious.

Like you said Andrews probably got on a plane for Miami before the MRI was done. The Skins got the MRI and realized it's real bad, but are sending him to Andrews tomorrow to confirm how bad it really is.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Bob, we hardly knew you.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kirk Cousins is the next Warren Moon. You will all see.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for sharing!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote