Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
RGKnee
Rookie

RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
I thought he would rise to Top 15 after the combine but you make a persuasive argument. Unfortunately I don't have access to his film so I can't go back and watch him again.

I only saw him play twice, his bowl games, and he absolutely tore sh*t up on both occasions. Have to confess it did leave me wondering where his statistical production was in other games, but if he was being double and triple teamed the rest of the time, it makes more sense.

Would you rate him as a better prospect than Bjoern Werner, RGKnee?
It's not a matter of making direct comparisons.

Realise that all 3-4 DEs face double teams when they play inside like a DT normally does. That's just the nature of the position. Margus Hunt is no different than anyone else in that regard. 3-4 DEs aren't going to pile up huge numbers of sacks and hurries like 4-3 DEs and 3-4 LBs do because they don't rush the edge nearly as much. It's a lot harder to bust through the middle and get pressure. Hunt's 8 sacks and 11 hurries are absolutely stellar for a 3-4 defensive end. He often gets that pressure by splitting double teams.

You can't make a direct comparison of the value of Werner and Hunt because they play two different positions with different demands - Werner is a 4-3 end, a complete player and pro ready. If a team runs that scheme and has need of a pass rush NOW, they should take Werner. If, however, they run a 3-4 they should choose Hunt.

Overall I would rate Hunt as a pass rushing prospect with more value. But it isn't by way of direct comparison of their playing. I just think that Hunt's combo of power and speed will ultimately be a game changer in a way Werner cannot be.

Last edited by RGKnee : 01-07-2013 at 11:35 PM.
RGKnee is offline   Reply With Quote