Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 01-05-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSquad View Post
DJ Swearinger is a guy I'm interested in, maybe a 4th round pick?
I'm with you. Very good player
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:37 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMGtpHoLu2I

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can we draft AL whole OL? Do we have a shot at getting there C at least?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinaMan View Post
Can we draft AL whole OL? Do we have a shot at getting there C at least?
Barrett Jones? I doubt it, I'm pretty sure he going to be at least a late 1st round pick by a team desperate for a G or interior OL troubles. Especially after this game.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dee milliner is an elite cb prospect.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Updated Mock Off-season:

Key resignings:

-DE Michael Bennett
-DT Roy Miller
-RB DJ Ware

Retire:
-FS Ronde Barber

Cap casualties:
-CB Eric Wright (7.25 mil)
-LB Quincy Black (over 6 mil)
-P Michael Koenen (3.25 Mil)--could get a "take paycut or walk" deal.

Signings:
-DE Michael Johnson
-CB Cary Williams
-WR Julian Edlemen
-TE Martellus Bennett

Sleeper:
-T Jeff Otah (recovering from injury)

Draft:
1st round (trade down picking up 3rd and 5th round picks):
Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
- Got ourselves another CB. Rhodes is a big physical CB who Schiano will love to pair with Williams.
2nd Round: QB Ryan Nassib Syracuse
- Bucs want to add competition to the QB spot, but I've been reading that it looks like a draft pick with upside who can potentially take over if Freeman struggles continue. I'm rooting for Freeman bc it's difficult to find a quality qb. Nassib fits the bill who has a lot of potential and competiveness. Also fits the offense, strong arm and really improved accuracy. Just needs coaching.

2nd Round (via trade using our 3rd and 4th): DJ Swearinger FS South Carolina
- Dominik does it again. Making a move to get a safety who is physical with excellent range. Reminds me a lot of Dshon Golson from SF.

3rd Round (via trade down): Gerald Hodges MLB/OLB Penn State:

- I think he can fill in at the SAM role and eventually take over for Mason Foster on nickel downs. Very fluid in coverage and physical LB.

4th Round via NE: Damien Square DT Alabama:
- Played 3-4 DE in Bama's scheme. Could kick inside and add depth and spell miller on pass rush situations. Very quick at the Point of Attack.

5th Round: Corey Fuller WR Virginia Tech
-Speedy WR who can develop and compete for a slot role. Special teams competition.

5th Round (via Trade down): Blake Foltz G/C TCU

- Give our o-liine some depth inside. Can play G or C. Versatitly.

6th Round: Michael Williams TE Alabama:
- Big bodied blocking TE that can be a target in the Red-zone and improve goaline and heavy formations.

7th Round:Montel Harris RB Temple

- Grab ourselves a physcial RB who can spell Martin when needed. Adds depth to the position and has good strength to play in short yard situations.

UDFA:
-Ryan Allen P Louisanna Tech.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would hit myself in the face with a sledgehammer if we drafted Ryan Nassib or pretty much any other QB in round 2. He just needs coaching? Perhaps he would be better off being drafted by KC, San Francisco, or some other place where QBs are actually coached and developed. It ain't, and it's never happened here. Tampa is where good QBs go to start their careers off on a bad note (D. Williams, Testaverde, C. Chandler, S. Young, T. Dilfer) and then to go on to much greater success (all but two won a Super Bowl with another team, all but one went to a Super Bowl, all took their teams to Conference championships).

Also, not sure how much of a "re-signing" Ware would be. He's pedestrian and can be upgraded by guys already on the roster.

And here's the deal with Michael Bennett. If we re-sign him, we don't sign Michael Johnson. No way the team throws big money at two DEs when Bowers and Clayborn are on the roster.

At DE, obviously there is Michael Bennett. But beyond Michael Johnson there are Cliff Avril, Paul Kruger, and Connor Barwin. At this point, Paul Kruger MIGHT be more affordable than Johnson or Bennett. Plus, with the DEs we already have, we can bring him in in the Von Miller role. Sam LB on running downs and DE on passing downs.

Also, I'm not sure why you think Koenen will be cut. True, a guy that kicks off well is not such a huge deal like it was, but despite the fact that he didn't rank very high when compared to other punters, his 45.3 yard average was the best of his career and 2.5 yards over his career average. He is actually outplaying his contract if you take into consideration that the Bucs were probably banking on him replicating his stats in Atlanta.

BTW, projecting trades up and down... those are big assumptions. You should be dealing with the certainties, and the certainties are the picks we have.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:13 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I like Paul Kruger but we do have the money to spend. It's early so after the franchise tag time period we can get a better idea.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kruger freaking owned the Colts. Either side, all game, he was hot. had something like 9 sacks in his last 9 games now. Perhaps he's finally hitting his stride. I really liked him when he came out in 09 out of Utah. He really stood out with his quickness and motor. He was awesome in his bowl game as a senior too. I MIGHT put him as my 1a over my 1b, Michael Johnson. I think Johnson will get more notice because of his frame, etc... and thus more money. Of course Baltimore will take care of their own so he might not even make it to free agency.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Kruger freaking owned the Colts. Either side, all game, he was hot. had something like 9 sacks in his last 9 games now. Perhaps he's finally hitting his stride. I really liked him when he came out in 09 out of Utah. He really stood out with his quickness and motor. He was awesome in his bowl game as a senior too. I MIGHT put him as my 1a over my 1b, Michael Johnson. I think Johnson will get more notice because of his frame, etc... and thus more money. Of course Baltimore will take care of their own so he might not even make it to free agency.
Yeah. I honestly forgot Frddy Krueger was an fA. Another FA is Cary Williams from Baltimore who already turned down an extension. With Baltimore probably having to franchise Flacco I think they both are available
Old 01-09-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Tyler Eifert as a Buc.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Yeah. I honestly forgot Frddy Krueger was an fA. Another FA is Cary Williams from Baltimore who already turned down an extension. With Baltimore probably having to franchise Flacco I think they both are available
Oh crap, I didn't even think about Flacco... that should work out well for us. Hopefully, they're close to the cap and won't be able to offer him the big bucks like we can. Kruger is exactly the type of high motor, quick twitch, edge rusher that can instantly make a pass rush better.

I had Cary Williams near the top of my free agent CB list... but then I saw something on pro football focus and showed how he had a lousy year. I have to admit, I've watched only 3 or 4 Ravens games this sesaon. I thought he looked okay, but now I'm a little leary. They had Chris Houston rated high, who I like... and EJ ranked #11 or 13 or whatever it was, which I pretty much agree with. DRC was among the worst... and he's not a big tackler, now I'm not so sure about him being among the top CBs.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

According to this site http://russellstreetreport.com/salar...ns-salary-cap/

he Ravens stand at $106 mil for next season's salary cap with Ray Lewis set to make $7 mil, you can bring that figure down to about $99. With where the Ravens will be drafting, you can allocate no more than $3 million to their rookie pool to push them back up to $102. Then they have seven restricted free agents, most of which they will likely re-sign, probably dolling out no more than $4 mil on them (Dennis Pitta and Ed Dickson getting the lion's share). They have seven exclusive rights free agents, and they probably will spend less than $2 mil on them bringing them up to $108 million.

Then they have these free agents that they will likely want to re-sign:

S Reed, Edward
QB Flacco, Joe
OT McKinnie, Bryant
LB Ellerbe, Dannell
CB Williams, Cary
DE Kruger, Paul
S/ST Considine, Sean
DT Kemoeatu, Ma'ake
S Ihedigbo, James
CB Johnson, Chris

I can't imagine them NOT re-signing Ed Reed. I'm thinking he gets, even if he gives a hometown discount, in the neighborhood of $7 million a year. (He's makinig a little over that now).

Flacco, I'm thinking, will get a contract that pays him between the contracts of Cutler ($8m) and Ryan ($11m).

Either way, the cap is expected to be about $120 million next season, and by all intents and purposes, the Ravens, with my rough estimate of $123m they have to pay out, have their backs against the wall.

Paul Kruger may be leaving Baltimore without a fight, Cary Williams too.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Also there is no way the ravens let Flacco walk. If they can't get a deal done he'll be franchised which is over 15 mil.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Also there is no way the ravens let Flacco walk. If they can't get a deal done he'll be franchised which is over 15 mil.
Yeah, he and Reed will play for the Ravens next season, at minimum between the two of them we're looking at $15 mil, we could see a max of $24 mil between the two of them, though I seriously doubt it.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, he and Reed will play for the Ravens next season, at minimum between the two of them we're looking at $15 mil, we could see a max of $24 mil between the two of them, though I seriously doubt it.
Ehh I think they eventually sign Flacco long term butmaybe after hes tagged.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I want Tyler Eifert as a Buc.
I like Ertz better but Eifert is pretty good.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ehh I think they eventually sign Flacco long term butmaybe after hes tagged.
I don't know. If you sign a guy to a long term contract AFTER you tag him you lose the ability to use franchise tag for the length of that player's contract. I think they do one or the other, not both. Once the season is over, after you've tagged a player, you regain the opportunity to negotiate with the player AFTER the season. The Bucs were burned with this in the late 90's when they tagged and then signed Ahanotu to an extension and couldn't use the tag after that. It's also in the Salary Cap Management 101 course I took... just kidding. it was a graduate studies course.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
It's kinda pathetic that our organisation is essentially coming off one of the best seasons for an individual QB in club history, and we are still talking about replacing him. Freeman earned himself another season, but if he does the same inconsistent stuff again, I have no doubt Schiano can make the tough decisions and move on.

What's even more pathetic, considering that I'd bet you made that same argument when we wanted to cut Carnell Williams, is that this fanbase never seems to learn and will grasp at straws to try and believe a guy is some sort of savior, when all he ever did (even at his best) was mediocrity. Sorry, Williams had a fast start to his career, and it bought him 5 or 6 wasted years. What I wonder, is when the cut-off period is for Freeman?

Eventually, fans can't keep pointing at potential. That potential has to be realized. If it is not achieved, that's busting, and we gotta move on. And as of right now, it has not been realized.

It really comes down to.....is if we have the balls enough as an organization, to prepare for Freeman eventually busting. If he does, we can at least have a backup plan. If not, well..... trading a starting QB in this league usually nets a glut in return. That's why some of us would not mind bringing in a QB that can start now, to either push Freeman to stardom, or push him to the side and allow us to trade him.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think this will come with him knowing the offense better. At this stage of the new offense, he is still having to locate open receivers with his eyes as opposed to knowing where they are... I hope.

People have been hoping that since he got to K-State. It has never happenned, and is one of the major reason's I didn't like him coming out, and haven't liked his progression as a QB since he's gotten here. As of this year, it makes what..... 4 Offensive Coordinators since college that have tried to help him read a defense and break his habit of staring down targets?

I don't know that you can develop the mental makeup to be a good QB in this league.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
People have been hoping that since he got to K-State. It has never happenned, and is one of the major reason's I didn't like him coming out, and haven't liked his progression as a QB since he's gotten here. As of this year, it makes what..... 4 Offensive Coordinators since college that have tried to help him read a defense and break his habit of staring down targets?

I don't know that you can develop the mental makeup to be a good QB in this league.
Yeah. I question the same thing. Every qb in the nfl has to locate Wrs with their eyes. Freeman does not and hasn't done that 4 years as a pro.

Playoffs or bust. He hasn't made enough plays to win ball games.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Freeman is the least of our worries. If not for the worst secondary ever we would have been in the playoffs this year.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
Freeman is the least of our worries. If not for the worst secondary ever we would have been in the playoffs this year.
Our secondary was bad. No doubt. Pass rush was also a problem. But freeman is also part of the problem as well. He couldn't sustain drives, too many 3 and outs and dumb decisions. It's like he gets rattled and frustrated too quickly and becomes erratic. I don't see the confidence and poise of a franchise qb.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
impactplayerx47
Rookie

impactplayerx47 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm gonna be PISSED if the Bucs drafted a QB any higher than 3. I think Freeman has been given a bit of a raw deal by a lot of Bucs fans. I understand that he certainly had a tough skid during that losing streak, but during that 4 game WIN streak everybody loved the kid!

Does he have some accuracy issues? Sure he does, but I don't think it's fair to say he's NEVER been able to locate receivers (Did we forget 2010? 61% completion percentage 25 TDs, 6 picks). As has been mentioned, he's in his first year in a new offense, AGAIN.

This off season isn't the time to get into Free's head with a bunch of BS, it's the off season to again reassure him that he's going UP, the guy had a SOLID year, and he's only going to be better with another year in Sullivan's offense, with that being said, if Sully bolts for a head coaching gig, I would imagine Freeman would struggle greatly (4th OC in 5 years).

There are a lot of QBs who don't show enough enough poise and confidence on occasion, but if you consider Free's career, and especially his pitiful coaching staff for MOST OF HIS CAREER (and while I like Schiano, the jury is obv. still out), I'm not surprised the kid has been inconsistent. What exactly has been consistent AROUND him? Something important for the WHOLE WORLD TO REMEMBER: RGIII, Andrew Luck, and Russel Wilson are NOT the new norm, they're supernovas ...lol this isn't the norm, people complaining about guys like Flacco, Freeman, even Ryan Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith (pre Kap) to a lesser degree need to really ask the question "who can we get that's better?"...this isn't even a good year to be in the market for a QB (free agency OR draft)!!! I think drafting a QB to bring in for "competition" could be disastrous for Freeman's development, get him an upgrade at TE, and let's watch this offense FIRE OFF with their two stud guards back in play. Bad bad bad move to cut bait on Free, .....just my 2 cents.
impactplayerx47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

If competition affects josh freeman than he is not an nfl qb.